Bobcat Stadium Ranked #13

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Stadium Ranked #13

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:27 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:53 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:01 am
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 am

Do you think Fargo is colder than Green Bay? Chicago? Buffalo NY? Philly? Pittsburgh? Foxboro? Etc etc.
YES!

I grew up in Montana. I thought I knew what cold was. Then I spent two autumns and two winters in Fargo-Moorhead. Sure you can play football outside there. Concordia College and Moorhead State do it. But it is a whole different level of miserable. There's the cold, the wind, and just the right amount of humidity. Pre-dome Bison playoff games were empty-no matter how good they were. If there is any place in the continental USA that justifies a dome it's Fargo-Moorhead and Grand Forks. You have to experience it to understand it.
I've experienced humid winters in Wisconsin. Yes they are miserable, much more so than MT. Yet Green Bay still has a pro team there. U of Wisconsin also plays outside.
I've never spent a winter in Buffalo, NY which I'm sure is also miserably cold and humid near the great lakes, and they have a pro football team there.
Doesn't the U of Minnesota play outdoors? Dear God, how they must suffer!
Are there any high schools in Fargo that dont have an indoor field??? I'm guessing yes.
Sorry but i'm not buying that ndsu HAS to have an indoor field. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
Of course you can play football outdoors anywhere. All I'm saying is if there is any place in the US that needs a dome it's Fargo...and Grand Forks. Yes, Green Bay gets very cold. Fargo is colder.

Grand Forks is the coldest city in the lower 48. Fargo is number 3 (behind Williston). Minneapolis is the coldest NFL city-but it is one of the warmest locations in all of Minnesota. They do have high school football in North Dakota-I believe they play a lot of playoff games in the Fargodome-same with South Dakota and their dome because of the weather.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/did ... li=BBMlO3O

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:42 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:53 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:01 am
91catAlum wrote:

Do you think Fargo is colder than Green Bay? Chicago? Buffalo NY? Philly? Pittsburgh? Foxboro? Etc etc.
YES!

I grew up in Montana. I thought I knew what cold was. Then I spent two autumns and two winters in Fargo-Moorhead. Sure you can play football outside there. Concordia College and Moorhead State do it. But it is a whole different level of miserable. There's the cold, the wind, and just the right amount of humidity. Pre-dome Bison playoff games were empty-no matter how good they were. If there is any place in the continental USA that justifies a dome it's Fargo-Moorhead and Grand Forks. You have to experience it to understand it.
I've experienced humid winters in Wisconsin. Yes they are miserable, much more so than MT. Yet Green Bay still has a pro team there. U of Wisconsin also plays outside.
I've never spent a winter in Buffalo, NY which I'm sure is also miserably cold and humid near the great lakes, and they have a pro football team there.
Doesn't the U of Minnesota play outdoors? Dear God, how they must suffer!
Are there any high schools in Fargo that dont have an indoor field??? I'm guessing yes.
Sorry but i'm not buying that ndsu HAS to have an indoor field. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
They don't have to play indoors, sure. But I've been all over Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc, and North Dakota is a different kind of brutal, as has been mentioned. You take Wisconsin and Minnesota and add bitter cold wind, but yes I agree that the players could absolutely play outdoors. I just think the difference is the fan experience. They don't HAVE to have an indoor field, but if they want more than 1,000 people at games, they have to have some way to control the elements. And if they want to attract the kind of players they're attracting they need to play indoors too.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:55 pm

91catAlum wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:48 pm
I wouldn’t put NDSU on the list for the simple fact that it’s an indoor stadium.
For god sakes, they have to have an indoor stadium in Fargo.
Why do they have to? Because of cold?
There are plenty of cold places with outdoor football teams.
Yes, it's far colder than any of those places.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 pm

91catAlum wrote:
seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:48 pm
I wouldn’t put NDSU on the list for the simple fact that it’s an indoor stadium.
For god sakes, they have to have an indoor stadium in Fargo.
Why do they have to? Because of cold?
There are plenty of cold places with outdoor football teams.
I've never been to Fargo. But the coldest I have EVER been in my life was in Williston.... And I live in a town with a 30' tall concrete penguin bragging about being "The coldest spot in the nation". According to this list of America's Coldest Cities, Williston only comes in at #4 (behind only Fargo, Grand Forks, and Fair Banks AK). So I really can not imagine attending an outdoor mid December playoff game in Fargo!!

https://1033uscountry.com/north-dakota- ... st-cities/

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.