MSU vs. PSU men's game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MSU vs. PSU men's game

Post by aucat » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:33 am

Really a tough loss. THe guys played their hearts out. I was at the game and PSU had a more athletic team.
Their players are so darn quick. Their point guard could not be stopped.

Catfanatic84

Re: MSU vs. PSU men's game

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:22 am

I keep thinking PSU could turn into a power program. Lots of talent in the Portland/Seattle areas to recruit...now they have a top notch arena...could be program on the rise.

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:26 am

I watched the game and thought we battled. They had way too many offensive rebounds. Kirby certainly would have helped
in the rebounding department. I didn't like the way we defended their last possession, we should have doubled the PSU point
guard when he crossed the half court line and made him give up the ball. There was only 10 seconds and he would not have been
able to get the ball back. Make someone else beat us at that point.

Tom Domako

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am

Domako wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:26 am
I watched the game and thought we battled. They had way too many offensive rebounds. Kirby certainly would have helped
in the rebounding department. I didn't like the way we defended their last possession, we should have doubled the PSU point
guard when he crossed the half court line and made him give up the ball. There was only 10 seconds and he would not have been
Totally agree! can't let that guy get to the middle of the paint with 2 seconds left :evil:

They did battle though. Still a fun team to watch and the crowd was into it in the second half. =D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

aucat

Post by aucat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am
Domako wrote:
Totally agree! can't let that guy get to the middle of the paint with 2 seconds left :evil:

They did battle though. Still a fun team to watch and the crowd was into it in the second half. =D^ =D^
Coach Sprinkle admitted he made a mistake regarding this. He said he should have "gone after" the guy immediately. Just letting him get the all and come down the court was sheer suicide. I knew he would either score or draw a foul, and we would not have time to come back. That's just what happened so hopefully Sprinkle learned from it. Sounds like he did.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:35 am

aucat wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am
Domako wrote:

Coach Sprinkle admitted he made a mistake regarding this. He said he should have "gone after" the guy immediately. Just letting him get the all and come down the court was sheer suicide. I knew he would either score or draw a foul, and we would not have time to come back. That's just what happened so hopefully Sprinkle learned from it. Sounds like he did.
Glad to hear that. Sprinkle and this staff have done an excellent job so far by the way. I'm very pleased with the in-game adjustments so far. Despite our offensive problems, these guys will be in most games this year because of their defensive intensity and good coaching.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz