MBB @ Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

MBB @ Idaho

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:53 pm

Tough going early. We are down 16 -6. Several times ID has had wide open shots. Hopefully we can adjust and make this a game.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

msu_agfan

Re: MBB @ Idaho

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:57 pm

Just like that, in 2 minutes we scored 10 unanswered to tie it at 16!

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:37 pm

The men somehow found a way to win 68 - 71.
Great free throw shooting!!!
Not so much with the 3.

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 pm

No such thing as a bad road win for a young, developing team. Right back in the mix. Good win fellas.

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Yes! We clawed back in this one. It seemed we were always trailing by 6 or so in the second half and then all of a sudden we hit free throws, hit a couple big shots and made it happen.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:11 pm

I caught a little bit of the game on my phone during breaks at the women's game. Whenever I was watching we looked absolutely awful on offense. I figured we were on our way to a 10 point or so loss. Pretty shocked to turn on the radio on the drive home and hear Frey make a couple of free-throws to put us up 1 and then hold on for the win.

I don't know what to think about this team. They defend, they're resilient, but they can be so horrible offensively. I thought we were going to go 0-the three point line, but it sounds like Ricketts finally got the range.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:10 am

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:11 pm
I caught a little bit of the game on my phone during breaks at the women's game. Whenever I was watching we looked absolutely awful on offense. I figured we were on our way to a 10 point or so loss. Pretty shocked to turn on the radio on the drive home and hear Frey make a couple of free-throws to put us up 1 and then hold on for the win.

I don't know what to think about this team. They defend, they're resilient, but they can be so horrible offensively. I thought we were going to go 0-the three point line, but it sounds like Ricketts finally got the range.
Offense was better at times, when paulo was in for adamu and Fernandez over quinlan. Idaho's radio guy said Fernandez started so i assume Quinlan didn't, witch to me is a good change. Adamu can be so good when he's more physically gifted than his defender, but when he's not he's a turnover machine. I still think DK helps us offensively even though he's not great, just to keep the ball alive, tip ins etc. No bad road wins, I'll take em all!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:32 am

Glad to get a road win. This team never gives up...and they're in every game. If they could only figure out how to start hot....rather than going into a hole right out of the gate. Difficult to win when you're immediately down by ten. Hats off to the boys for getting this one. Now let's get back to the Brick and get a win against PSU!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Offense was better at times, when paulo was in for adamu and Fernandez over quinlan. Idaho's radio guy said Fernandez started so i assume Quinlan didn't, witch to me is a good change. Adamu can be so good when he's more physically gifted than his defender, but when he's not he's a turnover machine. I still think DK helps us offensively even though he's not great, just to keep the ball alive, tip ins etc. No bad road wins, I'll take em all!
Is there any news on when Kirby will be back? We are just a different team with him. What happened to Quinlan? He showed so much potential his freshman year, thought he would be all conference by now. He has all the measurables. Maybe they should have redshirted him this year. Nice to see Fernandez playing a very efficient game. He definitely has the confidence to try to make his own shot which we desperately need.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

msu_agfan

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Pregame the coach said Kirby has started limited practice, even actually said he could play in Moscow... but it was up to the Dr. So, his return must be coming soon. Interesting thing, Belo and Fernandez both had double double games. That sounds like a recipe for success there. Pregame Coach said that ID has 2 big guys that could give us grief/foul trouble. We obviously overcame that to have two big guys have over 10 rebounds each.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:28 am

technoCat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 am
GoldstoneCat wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Is there any news on when Kirby will be back? We are just a different team with him. What happened to Quinlan? He showed so much potential his freshman year, thought he would be all conference by now. He has all the measurables. Maybe they should have redshirted him this year. Nice to see Fernandez playing a very efficient game. He definitely has the confidence to try to make his own shot which we desperately need.
Zeke is a tournover machine right now, and it looks like he NEVER spends any time in a gym. He does have all the measurables but it's pretty clear he's not a gym rat and hasn't improved fundamentaly.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz