Bobcat Stadium Ranked #13

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Bobcat Stadium Ranked #13

Post by bobcat92 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Not a big believer in these rankings but always fun to look at.

https://stadiumjourney.com/news/stadium ... ukr3gGGpq4

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Bobcat Stadium Ranked #13

Post by wapiti » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:13 pm

The number 1 in this list has a "High quality track" around it!!!!

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:23 pm

It is fun to see the other stadiums but the rankings are down right wrong. As far as stadium atmosphere it should go:
1. Missoula’s stadium
2. NDSU
3. MSU Bobcats
4. JMU

5. The rest of the half decent FCS programs that put over 7,000 a game in their stands.

I’m sure the person ranking these stadiums is from the east coast and has never stepped foot in any of the top four. The facts are in the pudding do some actual journalistic research.

If your left, you aren’t right.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:29 pm

This website allows individual users to submit stadium reviews. That the #1 stadium has a running track should tell you it isn't worth reading past that point. I'm pretty sure the Bobcat Stadium review was done by one of the posters here, though I forget who.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:48 pm

I wouldn’t put NDSU on the list for the simple fact that it’s an indoor stadium.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:29 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:29 pm
This website allows individual users to submit stadium reviews. That the #1 stadium has a running track should tell you it isn't worth reading past that point. I'm pretty sure the Bobcat Stadium review was done by one of the posters here, though I forget who.
I saw the author was Jason Karp. Jason has worked for the City of Belgrade for as long as I can remember. He is currently the Director of Planning and is a good guy.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 am

This article is a complete and total joke. I mean, look at a few of these places (should also mention the pics they use in this article don't show much of anything either). Any ranking that doesn't have W-G at the top of the list is instantly bogus - can't stand those jerks over there in Missoula, but that stadium is amazing and nothing else in FCS is even close. I'd probably put JMU at #2, possibly SDSU at #3, and MSU at #4 (soon to move up after the renovation is finished). Anything with a track instantly gets dropped 20 spots.

GO CATS GO!!!

GoldstoneCat

Post by GoldstoneCat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 am
This article is a complete and total joke. I mean, look at a few of these places (should also mention the pics they use in this article don't show much of anything either). Any ranking that doesn't have W-G at the top of the list is instantly bogus - can't stand those jerks over there in Missoula, but that stadium is amazing and nothing else in FCS is even close. I'd probably put JMU at #2, possibly SDSU at #3, and MSU at #4 (soon to move up after the renovation is finished). Anything with a track instantly gets dropped 20 spots.
This. They built that stadium way ahead of its time at this level, thanks to significant donor contributions, and it led them to have a phenomenal 15 year run in FCS. If a person can attend a game there and just imagine you're not watching a team you absolutely despise, it's a great place to watch a college football game. Full stop. On top of the action, loud, good concourses and access to amenities. I also despise them but respect what they have built over there for facilities.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:51 am

BozoneCat wrote:
just awful. not even worth reading. the ranking is a joke. and I was also very confused at the pictures they decided to use. really bad.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:07 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:51 am
BozoneCat wrote:
just awful. not even worth reading. the ranking is a joke. and I was also very confused at the pictures they decided to use. really bad.
For the number one ranked stadium, not only is there a track around the field, but this little tidbit made me laugh:

“ The Spiders do not have a mascot nor their own band, but they make up for it by inviting local high school bands to perform at each game,”.

They use atmosphere as one of the ranking criteria. Could this sound any more like a high school facility versus the number one facility in the FCS? And to think that they didn’t even do an evaluation of the newer South Dakota State facility is a complete joke.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:48 pm
I wouldn’t put NDSU on the list for the simple fact that it’s an indoor stadium.
For god sakes, they have to have an indoor stadium in Fargo.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 pm

seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Yeah, I’ve been there. It’s like watching a football game in a Mall.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:54 pm

For me, the best stadiums should be based off fans, fans in the stands, noise level, and the tailgate atmosphere. It may resemble a mall over in Fargo, but they check all the boxes. It’s an advantage for them and they should be rightfully proud about their fan experience every Saturday.

If your left, you aren’t right.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:17 pm

Chill out y'all. Most Stadiumjourney.com correspondents are just rank amateurs like myself. People go rate the fan experiences of stadiums in their area and write reviews based on atmosphere, food, access, and a few other things and it generates a score on their scale. It's totally subjective and done by many dozens of different people all over the country-so the rankings get totally out-of-whack. There's also some blatant homerism. The website puts out their ranking every year anyway because it generates lots of clicks and gets people arguing on message boards like this one.

I offered to do Bobcat Stadium and Worthington Arena several years ago because there was no one else covering this area for their website. I ended up doing football and basketball reviews for Montana State and Montana. I also did Idaho State and EWU football and a few Pioneer League baseball venues. One of my most fun projects was the Big Sky basketball tournament last year. Unfortunately, they had a massive website crash a while back and some of my old reviews got lost in cyberspace. I haven't been so motivated to catch back up-though they've asked me to update MSU and UM venues. I'd happily let someone else take it on if somebody steps up.

The website can be a handy resource if you're planning on visiting somewhere but the rankings are for entertainment purposes only...and clicks.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 am

seataccat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Why do they have to? Because of cold?
Do you think Fargo is colder than Green Bay? Chicago? Buffalo NY? Philly? Pittsburgh? Foxboro? Etc etc.
There are plenty of cold places with outdoor football teams.

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:20 am

Absolutely right they do not have to play indoors in Fargo. In fact the range cows uses to play outdoors in Dacotah field until 1992. Then the west Minnesota fargo dome opened, and they have played inside ever since. There is no record of anyone dying playing football outside in NDSU history, but perhaps a case of frostbite once in a while. It is the fans that cant handle the outdoor weather, despite the preponderance of extra personal insulation from too much sugar and butter on their Lefse......... :-^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:01 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 am

Do you think Fargo is colder than Green Bay? Chicago? Buffalo NY? Philly? Pittsburgh? Foxboro? Etc etc.
YES!

I grew up in Montana. I thought I knew what cold was. Then I spent two autumns and two winters in Fargo-Moorhead. Sure you can play football outside there. Concordia College and Moorhead State do it. But it is a whole different level of miserable. There's the cold, the wind, and just the right amount of humidity. Pre-dome Bison playoff games were empty-no matter how good they were. If there is any place in the continental USA that justifies a dome it's Fargo-Moorhead and Grand Forks. You have to experience it to understand it.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:53 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:01 am
91catAlum wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:23 am

YES!

I grew up in Montana. I thought I knew what cold was. Then I spent two autumns and two winters in Fargo-Moorhead. Sure you can play football outside there. Concordia College and Moorhead State do it. But it is a whole different level of miserable. There's the cold, the wind, and just the right amount of humidity. Pre-dome Bison playoff games were empty-no matter how good they were. If there is any place in the continental USA that justifies a dome it's Fargo-Moorhead and Grand Forks. You have to experience it to understand it.
I've experienced humid winters in Wisconsin. Yes they are miserable, much more so than MT. Yet Green Bay still has a pro team there. U of Wisconsin also plays outside.
I've never spent a winter in Buffalo, NY which I'm sure is also miserably cold and humid near the great lakes, and they have a pro football team there.
Doesn't the U of Minnesota play outdoors? Dear God, how they must suffer!
Are there any high schools in Fargo that dont have an indoor field??? I'm guessing yes.
Sorry but i'm not buying that ndsu HAS to have an indoor field. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:57 am

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 am
BozoneCat wrote:
This. They built that stadium way ahead of its time at this level, thanks to significant donor contributions, and it led them to have a phenomenal 15 year run in FCS. If a person can attend a game there and just imagine you're not watching a team you absolutely despise, it's a great place to watch a college football game. Full stop. On top of the action, loud, good concourses and access to amenities. I also despise them but respect what they have built over there for facilities.
Also, their tailgating experience at Washington-Bobcat Stadium is as good as I’ve seen even at Pac12 stadiums.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride