WBB in Puerto Rico

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

WBB in Puerto Rico

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Did anyone else watch our women’s basketball team in the Coqui Classic in Puerto Rico. Games are available live on YouTube. They played Wichita State this morning and lost 66-64 after holding a 4 point lead with 1:30 to go. They were behind 14 in the second quarter, looking rusty after not playing for two weeks. In the third and fourth they steadily dug their way out. Wichita State shot free throws terribly. At the end we unsuccessfully ran clock twice with Darien finally giving the ball up to Fallyn. Oliana never got a touch on those possessions. Thought we had them. Next game is tomorrow around 2:30 AST which is 3 hours ahead of Mountain and 4 hours ahead of Pacific. Yawn.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB in Puerto Rico

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Women did not shoot well except for FTs. Glad they were so poor from the charity line otherwise we would have been pretty much out of it. Thought the last 1:30 or so was pretty helter skelter but they did well clawing their way back to even take the lead.
Not sure of the Shockers level of play but figure they were a good opponent. Just being Wichita State..

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Coaching is killing this team. I like our team, love our program, but Coaching is killing this team. Calling John Stockton! We have too much talent to lose to teams like this!

I’m confused with how we approach each game and the desire to leave players in who are not producing. Obviously there’s a scouting report somewhere that shows we are horrible at covering 3 pt shooters because we’re getting hammered from the 3! We’re also getting out played on defense. I had this team as a Big Sky champ! If Binford doesn’t change her strategy we'll be Lucky to be 3rd place. It’s a team game!

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:12 pm

I am beginning to question the chemistry on this team, especially since Coach is constantly subbing

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:21 pm

I agree with Aucat. Looks like everything is forced! Chemistry is a major factor in a team, but there’s something missing with this one. Hasn’t seem the same since Coach Harris left! I think Coach Binford has lost this team.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:00 am

I'm afraid I am expecting a good ole fashioned beatdown today from Texas A&M. Hope I'm wrong but
I will be very surprised if we lose by less than 20

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:53 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:00 am
I'm afraid I am expecting a good ole fashioned beatdown today from Texas A&M. Hope I'm wrong but
I will be very surprised if we lose by less than 20
Well...we won the first quarter! 19-12

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:22 pm

It was actually a good game. We played hard against the number 11 team in the country. I’m glad Braxton and Martell are out of Binford’s dog house. They make a difference!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:31 pm

I think this team is gonna be fine. They're still working out some kinks, but I think their best basketball is way ahead of them. Conference season...everybody's 0-0.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Catlady wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:22 pm
It was actually a good game. We played hard against the number 11 team in the country. I’m glad Braxton and Martell are out of Binford’s dog house. They make a difference!
@Catlady Doghouse? When ‘Cats are in the doghouse, that’s bad. Hope everyone is out playing now. What about Ashley Van Sickle? Injured? Everyone else has gotten a few minutes.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:05 pm
Catlady wrote:
@Catlady Doghouse? When ‘Cats are in the doghouse, that’s bad. Hope everyone is out playing now. What about Ashley Van Sickle? Injured? Everyone else has gotten a few minutes.
It's looking like Binford is settling in on a 9 player rotation; the five experienced seniors, Martell a junior, and the super freshman White & Jackson, and Bad Bear (who is showing well after missing her entire senior year of HS). From afar via Pluto, it appears that Van Sickle is on the bench in street clothes & Mocchi, who got few late minutes on Thursday, was absent from the bench on Saturday afternoon?? I don't see either two of the later breaking into the rotation this year.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:09 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Catlady wrote:
It's looking like Binford is settling in on a 9 player rotation; the five experienced seniors, Martell a junior, and the super freshman White & Jackson, and Bad Bear (who is showing well after missing her entire senior year of HS). From afar via Pluto, it appears that Van Sickle is on the bench in street clothes & Mocchi, who got few late minutes on Thursday, was absent from the bench on Saturday afternoon?? I don't see either two of the later breaking into the rotation this year.
Gabby was sick this weekend.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:35 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:09 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Catlady wrote:
Gabby was sick this weekend.
Thanks. Hope she recovers quickly. She was one of my favorites last year. Fearless player. Back at full strength she will be needed. It’s a long season.