Troy Andersen = Taysom Hill

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Troy Andersen = Taysom Hill

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:59 pm

Can’t help but think of Troy Andersen every time Taysom Hill touches the ball for the New Orleans Saints. The way they use him and the comparable are crazy. Amazing Troy is actually bigger and possibly just as fast.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Andersen = Taysom Hill

Post by Cataholic » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:10 pm

After posting, I see someone else had the exact same thought I did.

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Great minds think alike!🤣

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:08 pm

I think Colter Nuanez said this a couple months ago.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 pm

I’ve been saying this for quite a while.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:41 pm

Yep watched game today and thought the same. What a valuable athlete those kind of players are.

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:21 am

Just glad the Vikings won!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:36 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 pm
I’ve been saying this for quite a while.
You’re the first person I heard make the comparison.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:13 am

Not sure who brought up the comparison first, but the Saints faced a short yardage situation late in the game. They did a direct snap to Taysom and he picked his hole and accelerated, aka: the Troy Andersen train. The only difference was Hill wears number 7 and Troy wears number 15.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:19 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:13 am
Not sure who brought up the comparison first, but the Saints faced a short yardage situation late in the game. They did a direct snap to Taysom and he picked his hole and accelerated, aka: the Troy Andersen train. The only difference was Hill wears number 7 and Troy wears number 15.
Yep, he’s been doing that all year. And last year. 2019: 31 carries, 206 yards. 6.6 per carry. Very Troy-like. 2018: 37-196-2, 5.3 per carry. He’s added receiving more this year. 20-284 with 7 TDs.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:44 am

https://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/v ... 20&t=41894

Amazing player, let’s hope for a healthy senior season.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:40 pm

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:40 pm
Definitely! The comparables with Taysom are clear and Taysom has proven valuable to the Saints offense, would TA’s draft stock be hirer if he spent more time on the offense. On the short yardage run by Taysom yesterday, I actually thought that TA might have taken that same play for a touchdown because TA can hit that top end speed so quickly. I realize that Taysom is a 4.4 guy, but I am guessing that TA has comparable speed.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:24 pm

I went out of my way to ask every single NFL scout I crossed paths with in press boxes this year about Troy. In Missoula, two of the scouts were glued to my phone watching the Bobcat game while attending the Griz game haha.

Every single one of the scouts I talked to said they thought that Troy Andersen is an offensive player at the next level, period. If you've listened to the Big Sky Breakdown, you know we think that Andersen should play on offense as well.

As one scout said, "The point of football is to score more touchdowns than your opponent and that kid the greatest touchdown scorer I've ever seen."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:24 pm
I went out of my way to ask every single NFL scout I crossed paths with in press boxes this year about Troy. In Missoula, two of the scouts were glued to my phone watching the Bobcat game while attending the Griz game haha.

Every single one of the scouts I talked to said they thought that Troy Andersen is an offensive player at the next level, period. If you've listened to the Big Sky Breakdown, you know we think that Andersen should play on offense as well.

As one scout said, "The point of football is to score more touchdowns than your opponent and that kid the greatest touchdown scorer I've ever seen."
Wow, that's heady stuff. I'm not a scout (surprise!), but the first time I saw Andersen live in fall camp '17, I thought he was a RB all the way. Beautiful runner, like OJ Simpson, but not similar to OJ, just a distinct style that is awesome to behold. There hasn't been a player at the FCS as incredible to watch as Andersen since Randy Moss, IMO.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Wow, that's heady stuff. I'm not a scout (surprise!), but the first time I saw Andersen live in fall camp '17, I thought he was a RB all the way. Beautiful runner, like OJ Simpson, but not similar to OJ, just a distinct style that is awesome to behold. There hasn't been a player at the FCS as incredible to watch as Andersen since Randy Moss, IMO.
Matt Szczur... Villanova RB/WR/KR from 2009 Championship team, then Major League Baseball Outfielder.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:52 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:47 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

Matt Szczur... Villanova RB/WR/KR from 2009 Championship team, then Major League Baseball Outfielder.
Nah. He was good, but not this good. He had a fantastic game vs. UM in the championship though.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:

I agree his running style is beautiful. Unorthodox, but beautiful.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:17 pm

Straight line speed I would say Troy is faster; Taysom is probably a little shiftier. Troy is bigger even now at his young age- Troy is 6'4" 235 and 21 years of age; Taysom is 6'2" 220 and will be 30 years old this year. Taysom had an injury plagued college career and Troy has somewhat as well so they have a ton of similarities. I'd say Troy has a very bright future and Taysom's success is only helping that out!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:02 pm

I'm hoping we don't need him on offense. Maybe unleash him for missoula and the playoffs.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."