Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:45 am

Not exactly football related...but there was an op-ed in the Gazette this morning singing Waded's praises. I couldn't agree more. And the leadership she exhibits trickles through every aspect of MSU....academics, campus construction and athletics. We're lucky to have her leading MSU.

https://billingsgazette.com/opinion/col ... a5ad3.html

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:00 am

100% in agreement with you and with the Op-ed!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:26 am

I agree.

Rock star.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:45 am
Not exactly football related...but there was an op-ed in the Gazette this morning singing Waded's praises. I couldn't agree more. And the leadership she exhibits trickles through every aspect of MSU....academics, campus construction and athletics. We're lucky to have her leading MSU.

I disagree with your assessment that this is "not exactly football related." Other than the coaches and players, I can't think of another individual that's had as much impact on the success of our sports teams - and very significantly football, than President Cruzado. They may be out there, but I don't know them. Besides her direct impact, what she's done for the university has also positively impacted our teams. I haven't seen her in the tailgate area lately, but I have always enjoyed her engagement with the fans. At the brunch before 'Cat/griz, I believe she spoke to every person there - usually thanking them for what they do for MSU. Drop her a note and thank her for what she's done for MSU football, or athletics, or the university in general. Based on my experience, you'll get a reply in the form of a handwritten note. I don't know, but I suspect that doesn't happen many places in the country.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm

catscat wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:

I disagree with your assessment that this is "not exactly football related." Other than the coaches and players, I can't think of another individual that's had as much impact on the success of our sports teams - and very significantly football, than President Cruzado. They may be out there, but I don't know them. Besides her direct impact, what she's done for the university has also positively impacted our teams. I haven't seen her in the tailgate area lately, but I have always enjoyed her engagement with the fans. At the brunch before 'Cat/griz, I believe she spoke to every person there - usually thanking them for what they do for MSU. Drop her a note and thank her for what she's done for MSU football, or athletics, or the university in general. Based on my experience, you'll get a reply in the form of a handwritten note. I don't know, but I suspect that doesn't happen many places in the country.
Wow. Does she ever sleep?

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm
catscat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:

Does that mean she won you over?

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:46 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm
catscat wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:

Does that mean she won you over?
Yes, admittedly I was skeptical of the hire, but she's been exceptional.

94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:06 pm

I was one of those highly skeptical people when she was announced as the hire. I just couldn't fathom how she would be received in Montana. Ten years later, I can't imagine MSU without her. Her enthusiasm is contagious and her passion is genuine.

As for football, she is as big of an advocate for Bobcat football as we have ever had in that office. She has grown our program and is proud of the their success on and off the field. She is right down on the field during the game - hell, she was the first person that Tyrone Marshall high-fived when he scored in Cat-griz. The students love her and cheer her whenever they show her on the scoreboard.

I was at the President's breakfast this year before Cat-griz. She did greet everyone in the room, and when she talked about the raise to keep her here, she was emotional and stated that Bozeman and Montana are her home. She made some great digs at UM President Seth Bodner as well. We are lucky to have her.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:24 pm

She's an excellent leader and we're privileged to have her. They hate her in Missoula because she has buried their leadership, but she is actively working to keep UM alive as well! =D^

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 am

Meeting everyone in the room is her thing. A few years into her tenure, she was at an alumni event in Great Falls, and she had a short conversation with my parents. Not just met them. They came away very impressed and even told them to have me contact her as well. Remarkable woman.

84CatGrad

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am

A simply outstanding individual. When my daughter was a freshman she met Ms. Cruzado briefly. Two years later she saw her again and Ms. Cruzado REMEMBERED MY DAUGHTER'S NAME as though she was a close friend. A brilliant leader for our university.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:49 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am
A simply outstanding individual. When my daughter was a freshman she met Ms. Cruzado briefly. Two years later she saw her again and Ms. Cruzado REMEMBERED MY DAUGHTER'S NAME as though she was a close friend. A brilliant leader for our university.
God, that is a rare gift... or perhaps your daughter is extremely memorable. If I meet five new people on a given day the odds of me remembering even one of their names are terrible. :lol: Can't even imagine how many new people she meets in a day on average.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:31 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:49 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
God, that is a rare gift... or perhaps your daughter is extremely memorable. If I meet five new people on a given day the odds of me remembering even one of their names are terrible. :lol: Can't even imagine how many new people she meets in a day on average.
There's a reason I got out of sales, well many, but a big one was not remembering anything about anyone, including their name. :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:49 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
Yeah, some people just have the gift of being able to remember names. My Dad is like that, thought he is 76 and isn't as good at it as he used to be. I unfortunately didn't get this trait from him. Wish I had, I hate not being able to remember someone's name, especially when it's an old acquaintance (and especially when they greet you on the street with YOUR first name... #-o )