Conference Opener WBB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatRowdy
BobcatNation Team Captain

Conference Opener WBB

Post by CatRowdy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Great opener for the ladies today! 85 - 48
Congrats to Martha for her new record game at 23 points.
Lots of offensive rebounds! The girls played well and controlled the game from early in the 1st.
This team will be explosive all season!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Conference Opener WBB

Post by MSU01 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:39 pm

Nice win. Sac State hasn't beaten a D-1 opponent yet this year so the outcome isn't surprising. The margin of victory is, though! Hopefully the brutal non-conference schedule the team played will continue to pay dividends against the weaker competition in the Big Sky.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:01 am

I was a little bit worried at the start, but Kuderer’s offense and the defensive spark by Braxton was the difference. I like how every night someone new steps up!

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:58 am

Yeah started off kinda rough with the turnovers, but dominated the second half.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:24 pm

Congratulations indeed on a big win in a road game. The amazing thing is that, even after a 41-point lead and a 37-point win, through the coach’s eyes there was probably plenty to work on after that game. The turnovers are certainly a continuing problem. I think they can get them down somewhat and still maintain their very aggressive play. This team could be very good. Game time vs. NAU in just over an hour! Go Cats!

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:04 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:24 pm
Congratulations indeed on a big win in a road game. The amazing thing is that, even after a 41-point lead and a 37-point win, through the coach’s eyes there was probably plenty to work on after that game. The turnovers are certainly a continuing problem. I think they can get them down somewhat and still maintain their very aggressive play. This team could be very good. Game time vs. NAU in just over an hour! Go Cats!
And we get a whole half hour different tip-off time from the MBB game :shock: Looking forward to the next two games, the men & woman's games both start at exactly the same time :rant: IMHO, completely unnecessary (particularly, Saturday games).