Golden Koozie

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Golden Koozie

Post by allcat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 am

How far did you honestly think this team would go at the start of the year. For me in the middle of the year I thought we were a top 15 team. After the last 6 weeks of this defense, I think in the top three. I just don't think Weebs has a chance this week.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 am
How far did you honestly think this team would go at the start of the year. For me in the middle of the year I thought we were a top 15 team. After the last 6 weeks of this defense, I think in the top three. I just don't think Weebs has a chance this week.
That is a good question, I thought we were overrated early after the SEMO win. When we climbed back into the top 10 late in the season I thought we had earned it and were legitimate. After Cat/Griz and being seeded #5 I thought was about right on. Now I definitely believe we are top #3. The top 2 remain there since they have a full season resume though.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:11 am

When do you think fans will start believing what their eyes are showing them with this team?

Why do we keep going back to UND, Sac and even Poly that was months ago to show why this team ISN’T elite?

Why don’t we look at the last 6 games this team has dominated to show how this team IS elite.

When we beat NDSU in Fargo, will we still doubt this team going into the championship game?

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:06 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:11 am
When do you think fans will start believing what their eyes are showing them with this team?

Why do we keep going back to UND, Sac and even Poly that was months ago to show why this team ISN’T elite?

Why don’t we look at the last 6 games this team has dominated to show how this team IS elite.

When we beat NDSU in Fargo, will we still doubt this team going into the championship game?
***These are not MY answers (well one of them is)***

January 11th

Snake-bit fans

My NFL team is the Lions

Maybe

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:33 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:11 am

This x 1000!!! =D^ =D^ =D^

GO CATS GO!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:07 am

After a Christmas break we return to finally recap the NDSU loss. Let us know if you have questions related to the game or perahps NDSU/FCS related. We'll being doing a season in review episode a little bit later in January. Thanks again for listening!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:23 pm

Couple questions regarding Choate's pregame comments, where he said the Ndsu dynasty is not good for the FCS and also stated they're not on a level playing field due to FCOA:

1) Do you guys agree with him?
2) How much of a factor did his comments play, specifically in the level of motivation for Ndsu?

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:25 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:07 am
After a Christmas break we return to finally recap the NDSU loss. Let us know if you have questions related to the game or perahps NDSU/FCS related. We'll being doing a season in review episode a little bit later in January. Thanks again for listening!
Looking at the bigger picture of competing with NDSU, what do you two think should be the main focus for the Cats and for all of FCS? Is it talent? Is it FCOA? Facilities? Moving to Fargo where you have nothing else to do but football?

With the MSU/NDSU game being a landslide with the score, what positives do you take away from that game for next season?

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:42 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:23 pm
Couple questions regarding Choate's pregame comments, where he said the Ndsu dynasty is not good for the FCS and also stated they're not on a level playing field due to FCOA:

2) How much of a factor did his comments play, specifically in the level of motivation for Ndsu?
I'd say:
1) yes, I think there would be more attention to other universities if everyone had a shot at the NC, instead just being wrecked by NDSU and JMU. I think it might likely increase the fan base for all the top teams.

2) Partially, I think it's a slight advantage, but it's really not that much. If you have the facilities, tradition, and a budget for 63 full schollys, you should be able to complete with a team that is equal but offers FCOA. I think NDSU benefits also from their location for recruiting, I think Minnesota turned a blind eye to homegrown prospects and went after bigger fish and missed... While NDSU just pickup everything they left behind.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:21 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:23 pm

2. In one of the few instances I've been upset with Choate, his comments were bulletin board material for NDSU to break them out of their offensive doldrums. Their players and Entz both said so.

McFeely: With Lance at helm, Bison didn't need assist from Montana State coach

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:06 pm

It’s that time. Thorny and I are about to record what I’m calling a Water Cooler Session. A bit of a catch all and kind of cause we miss talking Bobcat football. If you got a GK question - get it in before Sunday night.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

mommacat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mommacat » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Where do your wives hide their beers if they don’t want you to find them?

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:26 am

What could be some personnel surprises we should look for as spring and summer workouts begin?

cowgirlcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by cowgirlcat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Okay... since it’s water cooler talk... how many times has everyone watched Cat-Griz since November? I know we have at least 12 times and I love it every time. My son says we have to have watched it “a world record amount” but it’s the best game to watch! We also re watched Austin Peay and while fun it isn’t one I will watch on repeat Like Cat-Griz 2019

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:59 pm

cowgirlcat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:38 pm
Okay... since it’s water cooler talk... how many times has everyone watched Cat-Griz since November? I know we have at least 12 times and I love it every time. My son says we have to have watched it “a world record amount” but it’s the best game to watch! We also re watched Austin Peay and while fun it isn’t one I will watch on repeat Like Cat-Griz 2019
The past week I've been watching it daily. It never gets old. I've also watched the Albany game once, which is also very good. I had forgotten how well Rovig played in that game.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:15 pm

cowgirlcat wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:38 pm
I'm right there with you. Don't have any actual count on the number of times and I haven't watched the game in it's entirety, but have certainly watched bits and pieces of it to equal a good 6-8 times re-watching the game. What I would like to see is a video or several videos from the stands after Konkol's interception and post game when they hoisted the trophy when they unleashed Mony Mony and everyone yelling in unison, EAT ****** grizzlies GO CATS GO. [-o<