Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Early Signing Day - Wednesday, Dec 18

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:21 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:04 pm
Pardon my ignorance, but why is everyone so excited by Grebe? Vim can correct me here but I think you had him rated as the #14 recruit in the state, and he must've gone to Prep school to try and field some bigger offers (looks like UMass and Navy came calling)? I mean he doesn't have any star rating in 247 or anything. Beating out Ivys is great no doubt, but I feel like I'm missing something here.
He has all the measurable's and accolades, now just add some college coaching, pretty sure he'll do just fine.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:15 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:34 pm
coochorama42 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:33 pm
I could give a sh*t less how MSU does against FBS schools. I hate money games for the injuries they create. See: Troy Andersen.
Troy got dinged up in the SEMO game...am I mistaken?
I was thinking it was the Western Illinois game?

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Blixtonz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Blixtonz » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:31 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:41 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:40 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:36 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:34 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:27 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Lydell wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm
Just heard... Grebe signs with Cats!!
yep
Boom!
Forgive me for not knowing this, but what position does/will he play for us?
Brayden Konkol replacement.
What are the odds that he’s an immediate replacement?
I know that’s a lot to ask, but is he a kid who’s going to come in and possibly be ready to roll? Or will he need a couple years of development?
Watch this highlight tape and see for yourself. Hell...the kid even moves around like Brayden.

Going to post his track results one more time:
At 6'3", 215 lbs., Brody put up these numbers at State C track this spring:

100M - 11.15 (2nd)
200M - 22.82 (2nd best state time; scratched in finals after setting that time in prelims.)
Shot Put - 51' 7" (1st)
Long Jump - 21' 8.5" (1st)
Triple Jump - 45' 6.75" (1st)

When you place at state in running, jumping, AND throwing events, you are a special athlete.
Wow... I'm a fan!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:37 am

Recruiting is obviously really important. Vital to winning and being a great program. But recruiting good players isn't enough.

That's what has me excited about this program...the development. You look at guys like, Ty Okada, Callahan O'Reilly, Treyton Pickering, Jory Choate (and a lot more), and see how they've changed their bodies, see how they've improved as players. That right there is what builds a championship team. The friggin weight room! The nutrition department. That's what wins championships. If you don't have a good strength and conditioning department, if you don't have the nutrition, I don't care which players you bring in, I don't care how schematically smart your coaches are, you ain't winning ******. These kids are bought into the system, because they see how it works. They see Brayden Konkol, they see Derek Marks, they see Kevin Kassis, they see Chase Benson. Guys who came in good, but have gotten bigger, faster, stronger, and become top notch players.

That's why I'm optimistic. Not just because we're recruiting really good players (and we are), but because of the development I see.

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:07 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:37 am
Recruiting is obviously really important. Vital to winning and being a great program. But recruiting good players isn't enough.

That's what has me excited about this program...the development. You look at guys like, Ty Okada, Callahan O'Reilly, Treyton Pickering, Jory Choate (and a lot more), and see how they've changed their bodies, see how they've improved as players. That right there is what builds a championship team. The friggin weight room! The nutrition department. That's what wins championships. If you don't have a good strength and conditioning department, if you don't have the nutrition, I don't care which players you bring in, I don't care how schematically smart your coaches are, you ain't winning ******. These kids are bought into the system, because they see how it works. They see Brayden Konkol, they see Derek Marks, they see Kevin Kassis, they see Chase Benson. Guys who came in good, but have gotten bigger, faster, stronger, and become top notch players.

That's why I'm optimistic. Not just because we're recruiting really good players (and we are), but because of the development I see.
Don't drown in that Kool-Aid.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:40 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:07 am
bobcat99 wrote:

If you don't feel that way about this program Bruce, frankly you'll never feel that way.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:46 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Just curious, and not trying to start a pissing match. But what exactly do you disagree with what he said?

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:51 am

Grebe reminds me a lot of Alex Singleton. I love the kid's size, speed, and closing angles he takes. He is in my top 3 favorites of this class for sure.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 am

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:40 am
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

If you don't feel that way about this program Bruce, frankly you'll never feel that way.
Come on CC, I'm messing with 99, this is his first overtly positive post in awhile and I like to give him a little crap (not in a mean way). I'm a huge Choate/this coaching staff fan and everything 99 said above is why our team is succeeding.

ILTC, I didn't want to muddy it up with 2 posts. see the above response.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:13 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 am
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Come on CC, I'm messing with 99, this is his first overtly positive post in awhile and I like to give him a little crap (not in a mean way). I'm a huge Choate/this coaching staff fan and everything 99 said above is why our team is succeeding.

I'm always positive.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:13 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

My mistake, it does get a little confusing trying to keep up with all the inside jokes and what not here. I'm not up and at 'em by 6 AM every day so forgive me. :lol:

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:13 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

My mistake, it does get a little confusing trying to keep up with all the inside jokes and what not here. I'm not up and at 'em by 6 AM every day so forgive me. :lol:
Maybe if you'd get off your a#% and actually get to the gym by 4:30am you'd find a way to see some sarcasm in an online forum man!

99 is the least positive person I've ever "not actually" met. Only guy that could tell you our defense over the last 6 weeks really hasn't been playing their best ball and it really is fair to think they should have actually averaged less than 4 points scored per game....

I'm pretty excited about this recruiting class, good size on the o-line and some pretty serious athletes. I'm really excited about the rb from CA and Brown from TX and Grebe (although I see him as an outside LB, but what do I know?).l

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:27 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 pm
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Maybe if you'd get off your a#% and actually get to the gym by 4:30am you'd find a way to see some sarcasm in an online forum man!

99 is the least positive person I've ever "not actually" met. Only guy that could tell you our defense over the last 6 weeks really hasn't been playing their best ball and it really is fair to think they should have actually averaged less than 4 points scored per game....

I'm pretty excited about this recruiting class, good size on the o-line and some pretty serious athletes. I'm really excited about the rb from CA and Brown from TX and Grebe (although I see him as an outside LB, but what do I know?).l
You just don't know how to view my positivity! I'm just trying to keep people balanced here.

Fwiw, I agree with who you're excited about!!!!!

There. I added some exclamation points so you know I'm being positive.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:40 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

What a second.... 99 is regularly negative? Who would have ever thought that?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:40 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

You thought I was negative because I said a player was shorter than his listed height (and I was right!).

Buzz off.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:13 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:48 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:40 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
CelticCat wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

You thought I was negative because I said a player was shorter than his listed height (and I was right!).

Buzz off.
You want some other examples? It would take about two seconds to find other examples. I guarantee that the stuff you said about Rovig just a couple months ago would make you want to eat your shoe. Seems BBB summed it up pretty good: “99 is the least positive person...”.

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:30 pm

….yeah but you are mistaking my sarcasm for seriousness. I like 99 about 99% more than I like most posters and he is pretty darn good with football knowledge. The only posters I trust more than his opinion is Triple B, aka ME.

I take Bobcatnation pretty seriously and in my opinion, we all should have an annual cow pie dodgepie contest to see who is the Princess of Bobcatnation with forced participation. I'm still working on the details on how you would really win or lose, but I think the game would just kinda sorta work itself out, much like many of these discussion threads.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:46 pm

So, it wouldn't be a proper signing day if we didn't decide who won the state! On paper who had the better class of in-state kids; us or the griz?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:20 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:46 pm
So, it wouldn't be a proper signing day if we didn't decide who won the state! On paper who had the better class of in-state kids; us or the griz?
My only point of reference is Vim's rankings. Going by that, I'd say it's probably pretty even, but if you include Brody Grebe in the mix, MSU pulls ahead by a good margin.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:20 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:20 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:46 pm
My only point of reference is Vim's rankings. Going by that, I'd say it's probably pretty even, but if you include Brody Grebe in the mix, MSU pulls ahead by a good margin.
My rankings: https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... 17&t=48722

My thoughts:
Top 5: Mellott was just too good this year and he improved so much. Completely exceeded expectations and then some. Size is still a concern with me but like Colter has stated, lack of prototypical size can still dominate in the Big Sky. Carson got highly scrutinized as he was put under a microscope from Day 1 this past fall and he pressed all season. However, he still is a dynamite talent and elite competitor like Tommy that any coach should want added to their QB room (which is why MSU wanted him). Two 4.0 student-athletes who play QB at the top by the way. Connor Ryan blew the doors off in 2019 as he was exceptional at WR and safety. Jaxon Lee surprisingly got used as just a bell-cow back in Dane Oliver's scheme which got them to the semifinals. However, I felt Jaxon's value was misplaced at RB as he is one of the most dangerous runners in the open field in the state so I would've liked to see him get more reps at WR. Also, he didn't play defense and he's on par with Connor Ryan as a safety. Connor's just a step faster. McCade got pushed down the ranking a bit but he's still very well regarded across the state. An absolute stud at LB and could be groomed into a power-back role if necessary.

UM cleaned up on the partials but MSU did well in the Top 5. Montana Tech wins the NAIA once again but Carroll College had their best in-state year in years.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."