Weber State

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Weber State

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:02 pm

John K wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:53 am
Weber beat UM with a grand total of 113 yards of total offense. Sneed's 5 picks gave me flashbacks to Jake Bleskin in Cat-Griz in 2014.
I read on egriz that a big part of the 5 picks is that Weber was wearing dark uniforms on a dark field... :lol:

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Loved Bobby’s comment that the griz defense is the best in the league...after Weber just held them to 10 points and had 5 interceptions, and after the Cats scored 48 on them, and after the Cats held them to 14. I think MSU and Weber have the two best defenses and hard to argue one way or the other who is best. And our offense is MUCH better than Weber. We are definitely, at this point late in the season, the cream of the crop in the BSC.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:35 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:31 pm
Loved Bobby’s comment that the griz defense is the best in the league...after Weber just held them to 10 points and had 5 interceptions, and after the Cats scored 48 on them, and after the Cats held them to 14. I think MSU and Weber have the two best defenses and hard to argue one way or the other who is best. And our offense is MUCH better than Weber. We are definitely, at this point late in the season, the cream of the crop in the BSC.
Apparently de Nile has become a tributary into the Clark Fork and Bobbi has been bathing in it. What a jackass.

GO CATS GO!!!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:45 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:31 pm
Does anyone know where I can see haucks presser? I want to see that sniveling prick make excuses.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:18 pm

There's the post over on #&@# and is talking/bragging about how dominating their d is and it skipped a game they played on the 23rd of November. I guess their d was not so dominating that day...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

kcatz

Post by kcatz » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:30 pm

John K wrote:
Weber beat UM with a grand total of 113 yards of total offense. Sneed's 5 picks gave me flashbacks to Jake Bleskin in Cat-Griz in 2014.
I'd take Bleskin over Sneed 10 times out of 10

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Just noticed that the Weber State/JMU is going to be played on ESPNU. Wow, that really sucks for them, glad we got the ESPN2 feature.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:11 pm

kcatz wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:30 pm
John K wrote:
Oh I wasn't meaning to bang on Bleskin with that comment, although I can see how it may have come off that way. He filled in admirably when called upon, except for that one game, and I always thought it would be very unfair if his career came to be defined by that one performance, in the minds of some fans.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am

John K wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:11 pm
kcatz wrote:
John K wrote:
Oh I wasn't meaning to bang on Bleskin with that comment, although I can see how it may have come off that way. He filled in admirably when called upon, except for that one game, and I always thought it would be very unfair if his career came to be defined by that one performance, in the minds of some fans.
Yep, just like poor Bill Buckner and his World Series bungle....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:21 pm

I thought WSU was probably the best team in the conference until I saw them play that playoff game against the griz. They sure didn't look like a good team at all. I think JMU will beat them easily. I think we have a much better chance of beating NDSU than WSU does of beating JMU.

Voltaire

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:24 pm

RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am
John K wrote:
kcatz wrote:
John K wrote:
I put the blame on Ash for that one. Bleskin should have been pulled, he was injured in the first quarter and could barely walk, much less play quarterback.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:16 pm

HiLineCat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:24 pm
RickRund wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:05 am
John K wrote:
kcatz wrote:
John K wrote:
I put the blame on Ash for that one. Bleskin should have been pulled, he was injured in the first quarter and could barely walk, much less play quarterback.
his throwing shoulder was injured, only game I ever went to in Missoula :-#

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

HiLineCat

Post by HiLineCat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:40 pm

I forgot that it was his shoulder, try to put that game out of my mind.

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:16 pm

seataccat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:21 pm
I thought WSU was probably the best team in the conference until I saw them play that playoff game against the griz. They sure didn't look like a good team at all. I think JMU will beat them easily. I think we have a much better chance of beating NDSU than WSU does of beating JMU.

Defense is championship material, offense is often MIA. But with as little offense as they have shown they are still going to the semi finals. Weber isnt flashy, but they've shown they can make high powered offenses look mediocre and have been doing it for 4 years. If Weber had an offense like Montana or a Quarterback like Sac had they'd be national title contenders. Alas they dont and their season most likey ends this saturday.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:18 am

WSUWILDCAT wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:16 pm
seataccat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:21 pm

Defense is championship material, offense is often MIA. But with as little offense as they have shown they are still going to the semi finals. Weber isnt flashy, but they've shown they can make high powered offenses look mediocre and have been doing it for 4 years. If Weber had an offense like Montana or a Quarterback like Sac had they'd be national title contenders. Alas they dont and their season most likey ends this saturday.
You are most certainly right. They didn't get this far because they are a bad team. I'm glad they beat UM but it looked to me that they kind of got lucky. The offense made the griz defense look like world beaters which they certainly are not.
Good luck weebs.

Voltaire

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:09 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:15 am

Any team that plays lock down defense can win any given week. UNI is absolutely putrid on offense, Weber is just really inconsistent. They have the guys though that can get that quick score on offense or special teams that can give their defense a chance to win it. If JMU strolls into the game thinking the level of effort they gave last week is enough, they could easily get surprised. I've seen a lot of NDSU/JMU posters saying that the Big Sky doesn't know how to play "real" defense(guess NDSU forgot how close they were to losing to a mediocre UCD team), lets hope their teams buy into that.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

HiLineCat

Post by HiLineCat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:09 am
Why would you leave Weber to take that job? Money is the only thing I can think of.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 am

HiLineCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Why would you leave Weber to take that job? Money is the only thing I can think of.
I agree.

But if Hill is out applying for other jobs during this playoff run I have to think Weber is going to get absolutely steam rolled this weekend!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:10 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:03 am
HiLineCat wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am
Hawks86 wrote:
I agree.

But if Hill is out applying for other jobs during this playoff run I have to think Weber is going to get absolutely steam rolled this weekend!
It's possible he would use an offer from New Mexico into forcing the Weber administration renegotiating his contract. It makes sense when you consider there's no good professional reason to take the head coach job at New Mexico. Unless your goal is to fail miserably, then it's a great idea.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.