Tommy Mellot - Gatorade Player of the Year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Tommy Mellot - Gatorade Player of the Year

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:55 pm

MSU has a very good offensive line that’s willing, and has a strong desire, to apply itself with a coaching staff that more than recognizes this. That wins football games.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:10 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 pm
According to ‘you know who’ over at ‘you know where,’ Mellott is being “talked to” by Colt Anderson about flipping to UM, because MSU isn’t looking at him at QB.
Colt’s level of care for those Butte boys is way above that. Tommy’s decision to attend MSU goes way beyond football. No way Colt would try to derail that. In fact, if someone is truly saying this about Colt, they are flat being disrespectful to him.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:40 pm

This kid is the real deal. Don’t sleep on him in the future QB competition.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:32 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm

A great article on Tommy Mellott. True role model for younger kids.

https://buttesports.com/quarterback-has ... graduates/

Tommy couldn’t address his former grade school via a graduation ceremony, so he wrote them a letter. Following is part of his message:

“You will always have your friends from Margaret Leary, but do not be nervous to find new friends as well,” he wrote. “Join the robotics club, join the cross-country team, join the choir, join the band. These are all great opportunities to be around great people and have fun. Everyone is unique and has different skills. Be proud of your skills because you all are amazing in your own way, and do not let anyone tell you differently. Be the person you want to be and make the most of your skills because, at the end of the day, you should be the most important person in your life. Invest in yourself. Love yourself.”

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Tommy couldn’t address his former grade school via a graduation ceremony, so he wrote them a letter. Following is part of his message:

“You will always have your friends from Margaret Leary, but do not be nervous to find new friends as well,” he wrote. “Join the robotics club, join the cross-country team, join the choir, join the band. These are all great opportunities to be around great people and have fun. Everyone is unique and has different skills. Be proud of your skills because you all are amazing in your own way, and do not let anyone tell you differently. Be the person you want to be and make the most of your skills because, at the end of the day, you should be the most important person in your life. Invest in yourself. Love yourself.”
I didn't think I could like the kid more, or have more respect for him.
After reading this article, it turns out that I can.

Looking forward to his time as a Bobcat - but I'm betting that he goes on to do even greater things after his time at MSU.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 19, 2020 5:33 pm

Cataholic wrote:

Absolutely impressive and heart-warming. Nice to know there are people out there like him. Well written story by Foley.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue May 19, 2020 6:05 pm

WOW

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed May 20, 2020 7:32 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:33 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Absolutely impressive and heart-warming. Nice to know there are people out there like him. Well written story by Foley.
Foley is a good writer. He's gotta be having a hard time with probably his favorite Butte player becoming a Bobcat!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:30 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:32 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Foley is a good writer. He's gotta be having a hard time with probably his favorite Butte player becoming a Bobcat!
He's a very good writer. Witty guy. He co-wrote the infamous (at least for Cat fans) story with Matt(?) Vincent in the Standard before the 2003 game. Not that I have a problem with that. It was a funny piece. The punch line is he showed up in the press box for the Cat-Griz game and MSU won. I'll never forget the look on his face. If I had taken a picture of him it would be a meme subtitled, "Mmm, crow."

toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed May 20, 2020 10:01 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:30 am
91catAlum wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

He's a very good writer. Witty guy. He co-wrote the infamous (at least for Cat fans) story with Matt(?) Vincent in the Standard before the 2003 game. Not that I have a problem with that. It was a funny piece. The punch line is he showed up in the press box for the Cat-Griz game and MSU won. I'll never forget the look on his face. If I had taken a picture of him it would be a meme subtitled, "Mmm, crow."
Just for a refresher....

https://mtstandard.com/sports/high-scho ... 53e3f.html

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed May 20, 2020 10:44 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:01 am
TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Just for a refresher....

Forgot about that. Ah....glass houses... :lol:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed May 20, 2020 11:14 am

They didn't like that we had so many players from out of state. So Corey Smith (Washington), Kenneth Qualls (California), Travis Lulay (Oregon) and Bruce Molock (California) scored all our TDs that day. The Griz scores were by Justin Green (California) and Dane Oliver (Oregon). Their kicker Chris Snyder was from Washington and our kicker Nate Cook was from out of state. So every point in the game was accounted for by someone from out of state.

Odd that anyone from Butte would get caught up in where someone is from. That town is often described as a displaced Pennsylvania mining town and was made up of people from all over the country and world. The Montana Tech roster always has a lot of players from around the country due to the curriculum there. They refer to it as Butte, America due to it's diverse population.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed May 20, 2020 2:49 pm

wbtfg wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Just for a refresher....

That was a painful read, and certainly did not age well, either after the game in in 2003 and certainly not in 2020.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

saintcat40
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by saintcat40 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Don’t know how to quote the earlier posts, but I read that MT Standard article, and it brought back to memory the absolute arrogance and jerkiness of Griz fans. I am very thankful that we don’t have to hear that kind of garbage anymore. If anyone tries to bring anything up now, we can just say, “four.” Go Cats!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed May 20, 2020 3:21 pm

saintcat40 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 pm
Don’t know how to quote the earlier posts, but I read that MT Standard article, and it brought back to memory the absolute arrogance and jerkiness of Griz fans. I am very thankful that we don’t have to hear that kind of garbage anymore. If anyone tries to bring anything up now, we can just say, “four.” Go Cats!!!
Totally agree....I was feeling some mild PTSD while reading that and flashing back to how arrogant and pompous griz fans were....ALL THE TIME!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed May 20, 2020 4:02 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:44 am
wbtfg wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Just for a refresher....

Forgot about that. Ah....glass houses... :lol:
God it's good to see the CATS on top again and completely dominating the Griz on the field! Doing it while having more Montana kids on the roster. It's such a great feeling that I cherish all the time, after all the years of pain. =D^

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 pm

We already know the Bobcats are getting a special kid with Tommy, and here is another example. Amazing. He is spearheading the Cornhole Tourney this weekend as a way to do something for the Shriners Hospital since the Shrine Game won’t be played in Butte this weekend. They are expected to raise over $50,000 from this Cornhole Tourney! Absolutely amazing!! The goal for fundraising when the game is played in Great Falls has been $5,000!

https://buttesports.com/boys-of-butte-l ... y-in-2020/

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:51 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 pm
We already know the Bobcats are getting a special kid with Tommy, and here is another example. Amazing. He is spearheading the Cornhole Tourney this weekend as a way to do something for the Shriners Hospital since the Shrine Game won’t be played in Butte this weekend. They are expected to raise over $50,000 from this Cornhole Tourney! Absolutely amazing!! The goal for fundraising when the game is played in Great Falls has been $5,000!

Outstanding! In many ways.

“The players were looking out for safety from the start, too. Even before Gov. Steve Bullock issued his mask order for Montana, Mellott and the boys were already planning to have all the contestants mask up.
They also planned for social distancing and made sure hand sanitizer will be amply available, thanks to a donation from Headframe Spirts.“

toM StUber

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:14 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:51 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 pm

Outstanding! In many ways.

“The players were looking out for safety from the start, too. Even before Gov. Steve Bullock issued his mask order for Montana, Mellott and the boys were already planning to have all the contestants mask up.
They also planned for social distancing and made sure hand sanitizer will be amply available, thanks to a donation from Headframe Spirts.“
Good heart-warming article about it in 406 today:

https://406mtsports.com/high-school/foo ... 325a0.html

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!