2020 commitments (38) and offers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2020 commitments (17) and offers

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:15 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:42 am
I'm going to say this, and it might cause a little ruckus. Please understand I'm not comparing the talent levels, but more the role/type.

Brody Grebe, body type wise, and positionally, is about as close to a Troy Andersen replacement as you can get *at this level*. Now he's not Troy Andersen. Andersen is truly a once a generation type player for MSU. But Brody is a heck of a player. Great size, ELITE aggression, very good athlete. Even though he's undersized, I firmly believe that he could play college ball for MSU in a role off the bench. He was, imo, better than the Bellach kid from Manhattan Christian (and he's no slouch!).

I'd love to get Grebe here. Can't say I expected to see his name back in the news here though. Hope it happens!
If allowing him to play for both Cho4te and Sprinkle gets him to sign. Do it.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:15 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
I'm going to say this, and it might cause a little ruckus. Please understand I'm not comparing the talent levels, but more the role/type.

Brody Grebe, body type wise, and positionally, is about as close to a Troy Andersen replacement as you can get *at this level*. Now he's not Troy Andersen. Andersen is truly a once a generation type player for MSU. But Brody is a heck of a player. Great size, ELITE aggression, very good athlete. Even though he's undersized, I firmly believe that he could play college ball for MSU in a role off the bench. He was, imo, better than the Bellach kid from Manhattan Christian (and he's no slouch!).

I'd love to get Grebe here. Can't say I expected to see his name back in the news here though. Hope it happens!
If allowing him to play for both Cho4te and Sprinkle gets him to sign. Do it.
Second coming of Scott Harry?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

At 6'3", 215 lbs., Brody put up these numbers at State C track this spring:

100M - 11.15 (2nd)
200M - 22.82 (2nd best state time; scratched in finals after setting that time in prelims.)
Shot Put - 51' 7" (1st)
Long Jump - 21' 8.5" (1st)
Triple Jump - 45' 6.75" (1st)

When you place at state in running, jumping, AND throwing events, you are a special athlete.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:54 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:39 pm
bobcat99 wrote:

100M - 11.15 (2nd)
200M - 22.82 (2nd best state time; scratched in finals after setting that time in prelims.)
Shot Put - 51' 7" (1st)

When you place at state in running, jumping, AND throwing events, you are a special athlete.
Reminiscent of Adam Cordeiro, but he didn't do jumps if I remember correct.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:56 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

I voiced my comments that we should have gotten Grebe several times to folks at MSU.

In terms of basketball, guess I would have to disagree with comment on being better than Bellach. And yes I watched both play for 3 years. In terms of all around athleticism Brody clearly has the upper hand.

Why do you feel he is undersized for Football....he was listed at 6’3” and 210 lbs in high school and certainly could have grown some. Maybe undersized for BB. I agree with your comment on Elite Aggression. I saw the kid play hurt and there was absolutely no quit in him. He just keeps going and going and going. The type of Montana kid that Choate talks about....”the right Cat” in my opinion.

I compared his track stats against Troy just for fun (these were their personal bests for the senior year).

100 meters.....Grebe 11.15/Andersen 10.88
200 meters......Grebe 22.82/Andersen 22.11
Long Jump......Grebe 22’/Andersen 20’11”
Shot Put......Grebe 51’7”/Andersen 47’5”
300 meter hurdles.....Grebe 43.5/Andersen 40.4

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:02 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

100M - 11.15 (2nd)
Shot Put - 51' 7" (1st)

Ha! See you were digging stats as I was. I believe Grebe also High Jumped at some meets and cleared 6 ft. Not sure he did the HJ at state though.

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm

I remember watching Grebe at Class C State basketball last year. He absolutely blew me away athletically.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 pm
I remember watching Grebe at Class C State basketball last year. He absolutely blew me away athletically.
And he had his leg wrapped, a soft brace on his ankle and was wearing two different sized shoes to accommodate the soft brace and wrap on the one leg. I was inspired by his competitiveness just watching that performance.

CoachYoast
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CoachYoast » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Athletes like Grebe just rarely fail. Players who excel at multiple sports, with good size and athleticism, are must takes.

Btw, I love prep schools. Wherever Grebe decides to go, he'll be a year older (19?) but still be a true freshman. That can make a big difference in college football.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:28 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:56 pm
bobcat99 wrote:

I voiced my comments that we should have gotten Grebe several times to folks at MSU.

In terms of basketball, guess I would have to disagree with comment on being better than Bellach. And yes I watched both play for 3 years. In terms of all around athleticism Brody clearly has the upper hand.

Why do you feel he is undersized for Football....he was listed at 6’3” and 210 lbs in high school and certainly could have grown some. Maybe undersized for BB. I agree with your comment on Elite Aggression. I saw the kid play hurt and there was absolutely no quit in him. He just keeps going and going and going. The type of Montana kid that Choate talks about....”the right Cat” in my opinion.

I compared his track stats against Troy just for fun (these were their personal bests for the senior year).

100 meters.....Grebe 11.15/Andersen 10.88
200 meters......Grebe 22.82/Andersen 22.11
Long Jump......Grebe 22’/Andersen 20’11”
Shot Put......Grebe 51’7”/Andersen 47’5”
300 meter hurdles.....Grebe 43.5/Andersen 40.4
Undersized as far as college basketball.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:02 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

100M - 11.15 (2nd)
Shot Put - 51' 7" (1st)

Ha! See you were digging stats as I was. I believe Grebe also High Jumped at some meets and cleared 6 ft. Not sure he did the HJ at state though.
You are only allowed to enter 5 individual events at state. Amazing that a kid is so physically gifted that he could be competitive in more than 5 events.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

He is one the guys who can pick a sport and excel at the next level if its FB or BB. He'll have a lot of hard decisions to make, but guarantee academics will be his deciding factor.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:58 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm
bobcat99 wrote:

He is one the guys who can pick a sport and excel at the next level if its FB or BB. He'll have a lot of hard decisions to make, but guarantee academics will be his deciding factor.
Also when talking about big time private colleges, I assume location and finances are also a potential consideration.

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:33 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:58 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:54 pm
bobcat99 wrote:

Also when talking about big time private colleges, I assume location and finances are also a potential consideration.
True, as fans we can get narrow minded hoping an athlete chooses a school based their potential on the field or court. Their time is short in the grand scheme of life, but they all enter a "brotherhood/family" for life, with guys/gals they compete with. Similar to Tommy Mellott high character, high caliber athlete and inelegant.

sdsyvie
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by sdsyvie » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:47 am

Wow, I had never clicked the 247 link before

I know I've heard several of you be fairly dismissive of the site. But still pretty cool to see MSU as the #1 FCS school in projected recruiting atm.

Also, makes me think that the next couple years are going to be a pretty fun ride. A lot of talent has been pouring in the past couple years, and I have no doubt in Cho4te and crews ability to extract the talent.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:31 am

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2020 commitments (18) and offers

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Vote for the future Bobcat.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Current verbal was on his official this past weekend.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:49 pm

bobcatbob24
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatbob24 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:02 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

100M - 11.15 (2nd)
Shot Put - 51' 7" (1st)

You are only allowed to enter 5 individual events at state. Amazing that a kid is so physically gifted that he could be competitive in more than 5 events.
Also probably the best high school rodeo athlete in Montana last year. Maybe he can play for Choate, Sprinkle and lead the team out horse back next season!