Tommy Mellot - Gatorade Player of the Year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Tommy Mellot - Gatorade Player of the Year

Post by CelticCat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:58 am

Thought this deserved it's own thread.

http://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com/win ... lott/37502

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

JDoub
Member # Retired

Re: Tommy Mellot - Gatorade Player of the Year

Post by JDoub » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:02 am

congrats Tommy!

It's amazing to me that in the 35 year history of GPOY that he is the first from Butte High.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:08 am

=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 am

Well deserved.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:38 am

Kid is an absolute stud. We are very lucky to have him, on and off the field.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Some Gatorade Player of the Year recent history:

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:21 pm

boom!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Congrats to Touchdown Tommy Mellott!

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Wasn’t Coy Steele Wyoming’s Gatorade POY as well? I know these were the Montana kids listed, but kinda cool nonetheless.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Extremely impressive Student Athlete, Excited to watch him in the Blue and Gold.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 pm

tdub wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:56 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Wasn’t Coy Steele Wyoming’s Gatorade POY as well? I know these were the Montana kids listed, but kinda cool nonetheless.
Colter’s obviously just talking about Montana GPOYs. Along with Steel, Ifanse (Washington) and Snell ( Alaska) are GPOYs at MSU. Hout and Miller (coaches) are also GPOYs.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 pm

According to ‘you know who’ over at ‘you know where,’ Mellott is being “talked to” by Colt Anderson about flipping to UM, because MSU isn’t looking at him at QB.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 pm
According to ‘you know who’ over at ‘you know where,’ Mellott is being “talked to” by Colt Anderson about flipping to UM, because MSU isn’t looking at him at QB.

so if this is true (which I doubt it is).... and they are trying to get him to come over their at QB...….. so Rostad and Mellott, being brought in together as the Future QB... in the same class...….

:-k :-k :-k doesn't really add up to me as a strong selling point to switch.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm
iaafan wrote:

so if this is true (which I doubt it is).... and they are trying to get him to come over their at QB...….. so Rostad and Mellott, being brought in together as the Future QB... in the same class...….

It’s Hookedonjizz, aka Jizzaddict. He’s never been right about his wild claims, but one of these years he’ll guess right and then all hell will break loose.

He said Ifanse was entering the portal to make himself feel better when Owens did. And then there’s the Troy Andersen will be the full time starter here at QB, because MSU needed him on the field so bad on offense. 488 yards and 48 points later, how’d that work out for him?

And who could forget his claim that SAC dominated MSU, then UM lost to Sac by 27 on two weeks rest. Lol!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:41 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
iaafan wrote:

It’s Hookedonjizz, aka Jizzaddict. He’s never been right about his wild claims, but one of these years he’ll guess right and then all hell will break loose.

He said Ifanse was entering the portal to make himself feel better when Owens did. And then there’s the Troy Andersen will be the full time starter here at QB, because MSU needed him on the field so bad on offense. 488 yards and 48 points later, how’d that work out for him?

And who could forget his claim that SAC dominated MSU, then UM lost to Sac by 27 on two weeks rest. Lol!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:57 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
iaafan wrote:

Colt is a living legend in Butte and a really good guy, but there is zero chance that Tommy becomes a Griz unless they start an engineering school at UM.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 pm

How is he "not getting a look at QB" when he isn't even here yet? And as a refresher when he verballed.
Recruited as an athlete, Mellott said he expects to play on offense as either a quarterback or a wide receiver and plans to try out for signal caller in the fall of 2020.

Defense has not been entirely ruled out, however, and Mellott will play safety for Butte High this fall.

“If (quarterback) doesn’t work out or if I kinda feel like my talents will take me somewhere better at a different position or I have a better chance to helping the team elsewhere then I’d obviously do that,” Mellott said.
https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 46f18.html

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:20 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:41 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:31 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
iaafan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 pm
How is he "not getting a look at QB" when he isn't even here yet? And as a refresher when he verballed.
Recruited as an athlete, Mellott said he expects to play on offense as either a quarterback or a wide receiver and plans to try out for signal caller in the fall of 2020.

Defense has not been entirely ruled out, however, and Mellott will play safety for Butte High this fall.

“If (quarterback) doesn’t work out or if I kinda feel like my talents will take me somewhere better at a different position or I have a better chance to helping the team elsewhere then I’d obviously do that,” Mellott said.
Look at the Cats offense right now. How would you not want to play in this offense with his skill set! It is a diverse well oiled machine right now that is fun to watch. Look how stressed the LB's are at trying to figure out the motion and where they think the play is going to go. Right now the MSU offense is dictating 100% of what it does to the defense!
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:28 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:22 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Look at the Cats offense right now. How would you not want to play in this offense with his skill set! It is a diverse well oiled machine right now and fun to watch.
We have something for any talent on the offensive side of the ball. I would think that sells itself.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.