WBB, MBB Double Header vs Gonzaga and SDSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

WBB, MBB Double Header vs Gonzaga and SDSU

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:04 pm

https://msubobcats.com/news/2019/12/3/m ... eader.aspx

Games will be on SWX. Really neat deal. Super tough opponents.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: WBB, MBB Double Header vs Gonzaga and SDSU

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Should be fun tonight. If we get a split it would be awesome. not counting on it though.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Like the commitment!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Men up 40 to 39 at the half. Lots of players so far for the Cats. Looking forward to them putting some separation in the score in the second half.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Men win! 77-70, it was a 2 point game with a minute left. Feel like the MSU teams of the last 10 years find a way to lose this game down the stretch. Big win, great job fellas!!

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:17 pm

That's a good win against a very solid SDSU team. The Jackrabbits were 6-4 coming in to the game, with their losses coming against USC, Indiana, Arizona and Nebraska. I really like the way this Bobcat team plays.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:32 pm

Great win and awesome rebound from Green Bay.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 pm

The brick is back!!! They played and coached like the winners they are! Crowd was good but not quite yet at the level of the 60's. Go Cats!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:16 am

Wow what a night. Nice big crowds for both games. No doubt Gonzaga is a brand that brought a lot of people through the door.
The women's team fought valiantly, but the Zags just had too much length. We never had an easy shot. Their defense was suffocating at times. But get this. Gonzaga's only loss was by 3 to now No. 1 Stanford. There is usually a very wide gap between Top 20 women's teams and mid-majors-much wider than on the men's side. So our team wasn't terrible. It got away a little in the 4th quarter, but I still think our team's best basketball is ahead of them. Our offense is still a little rough.

On the men's side, this 77-70 win over South Dakota State is our biggest non-conference win since...when? Huge win for the whole program. I'm pretty sure, if this was last season, the Jackrabbit's two bigs would have had about 80 points. But this year, Kirby, Belo, Quinlan, and Fernandez made them earn everything they got. Adamu-who's fundamentals are a little rough sometimes-had a monster game. Their guards tried to beat the tar out of Harald Frey, but Frey was definitely up to the task. Just a massive, massive win.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:29 am

Here's the final sequence. Mychael Paulo was almost the forgotten man on the bench in the second half. Sprinkle inserted him into the lineup when we were up 2 with under a minute-anticipating that they would press...and he scores the final five points of the game. Huge!

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 am

Great win for the MBB........6-3 now! Who saw that coming? Sprinkle is doing a good job...this team sticks with it to the end. Looking forward to conference play.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:55 am

Interesting watching that.video a few times. Danny is not.celebratory after.both scores, but immediately gets.into defensive posturing. Great win for him and the Cats!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:56 am

Ladies played well but couldn't hit a shot! Went 0-13 from 3 vs. the Zags 9-16, so lost be 27 there and only 15 for the game!

Men played outstanding. DK was a MAN on the boards last night! Harald is SO tough!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:15 am

First game of the year for me and I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout for late on a Thursday. There was good energy all game and it was quite entertaining. Sprinks has definitely got this team playing with a different mindset than last year. Adamu is so much fun to watch, Kirby is stepping up and getting better every game, and Frey is just doing what he do! Conference should be very interesting this year!

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:45 am

One thing I have noticed, through all the coaches on twitter is the the acknowledgment and support between sports.
You see Choate commenting and congratulating Sprinkle, Binford shouting out Choate and football. Occasionally I would see this in the past,
but all three coaches seem supportive of each others programs publicly quite often. I know there has to be some competition in the athletic dept, but at least publicly it is awesome to see the shout outs between them.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:02 am

BroncoCat wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:45 am
One thing I have noticed, through all the coaches on twitter is the the acknowledgment and support between sports.
You see Choate commenting and congratulating Sprinkle, Binford shouting out Choate and football. Occasionally I would see this in the past,
but all three coaches seem supportive of each others programs publicly quite often. I know there has to be some competition in the athletic dept, but at least publicly it is awesome to see the shout outs between them.
Definitely! I think that is what Brint Wahlberg alluded to in his podcast about how far ahead of UM that MSU is in terms of a unified message from every aspect of the university.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:44 am

The shadow of the leader. Thanks Waded.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:03 pm

So this is pretty interesting. With women's team doing school day the last three years, they have had 3 non-conference games of over 6,000, whilst the men haven't broken 5,000 for a non-conference game since 1997. In any case, last night's crowd for both the women's and men's game was big and it was great to see. I think both teams will see their attendance tick up a bit from previous recent seasons.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:06 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:44 am
The shadow of the leader. Thanks Waded.
And Costello as well. A strong AD is a very under appreciated thing. I love the unity in the programs since he has taken the reins.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable