Playoff Tickets

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Playoff Tickets

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:36 am
RockyBearCat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:25 am
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:16 am
What a bunch of crap! I got on the site at 9:01am Monday and could only get nose bleeds. I wonder if they'll let me swap them.
@BethanyCordell I bet they will, call Bethany.
I just called the ticket office, no refunds or exchanges... Bummer.
There's not a bad seat in the house...and you'll probably be able to migrate if you want.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:50 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 am
91catAlum wrote:
RockyBearCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
What a bunch of crap! I got on the site at 9:01am Monday and could only get nose bleeds. I wonder if they'll let me swap them.
There's not a bad seat in the house...and you'll probably be able to migrate if you want.
True but the point is that I would've waited to buy my seats until today, had I known this is when unpurchased season tix would go on sale.

I have 3 season tix but I need 4 together for this game so I let mine lapse, knowing that 2 of our neighbors weren't going to make it. Plan was to get on the site first thing and grab my 3 plus one of the neighbors. But at 9:01am Monday, it appeared the whole section was sold out except the nose bleeds. So its annoying that all those seats are now available.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:02 am

91catAlum wrote:
RockyBearCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Just give them to someone and get yourself a couple more!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 am

91catAlum wrote:
My season tickets are up near the top of the South end zone. Probably some of the best seats in the stadium. You have an amazing view, you get to watch the plays develop and you can see the whole field. Only downfall, you can’t really tell how loud it is in the stadium from up there.

Punters are people too!!

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:01 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:50 am
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:41 am
91catAlum wrote:
RockyBearCat wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
True but the point is that I would've waited to buy my seats until today, had I known this is when unpurchased season tix would go on sale.

I have 3 season tix but I need 4 together for this game so I let mine lapse, knowing that 2 of our neighbors weren't going to make it. Plan was to get on the site first thing and grab my 3 plus one of the neighbors. But at 9:01am Monday, it appeared the whole section was sold out except the nose bleeds. So its annoying that all those seats are now available.
I did the same thing and you saved me a phone call. We'll just migrate in the 1st quarter. I'm not worried about it.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm

This is very disappointing. If season ticket holders have a full week to buy their tickets they should know what is available before any are released to the general public. I will not be buying early again that way I can get better tickets and if the weather is bad I don't have to buy at all whereas before they would have still gotten my money because I bought early. with the technology there is now there is no excuse to not know what was committed to season ticket holders by Monday morning.

Sports is not bigger than life

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:20 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm
This is very disappointing. If season ticket holders have a full week to buy their tickets they should know what is available before any are released to the general public. I will not be buying early again that way I can get better tickets and if the weather is bad I don't have to buy at all whereas before they would have still gotten my money because I bought early. with the technology there is now there is no excuse to not know what was committed to season ticket holders by Monday morning.
Do what everyone else does. Go to the game, and get the best seats you can sit in without being told to move. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:31 pm

While I can understand the disappointment that some of you are expressing lets remember that you are still getting to watch the best college football team in the state your MSU Bobcats. Yes it is nice to be able to sit in the same seat you have had all year but it may give you the chance to meet some new great fans too, it might do you good. Chances of a sellout are slim so maybe you'll be able to migrate but shouldn't we all hope that the place is sold out and you have to stay put? Let's be honest, in the big picture of things sitting in the 5th 15th or 25th row isn't really that big of a difference.
Lastly it may not help this year but if history tells us anything then if it is possible to improve and eliminate this problem Bethany will get it done.
First world problems and way down the list at that.
Go CATS!!!

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:33 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Are you a season ticket holder? They broke everything down in the email sent. I know on the MSU website they also explained the whole process. It is the same thing every time we host a playoff game. Season ticket holders get about a week to decide if they want to buy "their" tickets for the game. After that they are up for grabs.

Knowing what we know about playoff attendance, if I wasn't a season ticket holder I would never buy tickets until they are all freed up. Great opportunity to get great seats for a huge game!

I'm not really understanding what MSU could have done better in these regards? :-k

aucat

Post by aucat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Yes, it's on us now. Get out and support the Cats! Great weather day, even better than what
we had for the beatdown of the cubbie bears. No excuses. This will probably be our only home
playoff game. Looks like a tough opponent based on their rout of a one loss team.

This is like the NCAA tournament in hoops. Whomever gets hot has a chance. Go Cats!

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Boggles the mind, complaining about buying a lower cost end zone seat and being able to find a more expensive seat without penalty. I should have such problems.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:01 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:51 pm
Boggles the mind, complaining about buying a lower cost end zone seat and being able to find a more expensive seat without penalty. I should have such problems.
Have you read the other threads?! :lol:

Based on what I'm seeing people getting worked up about, we have a lot of posters living a great, great life!

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:17 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:33 pm
tetoncat wrote:
Are you a season ticket holder? They broke everything down in the email sent. I know on the MSU website they also explained the whole process. It is the same thing every time we host a playoff game. Season ticket holders get about a week to decide if they want to buy "their" tickets for the game. After that they are up for grabs.

Knowing what we know about playoff attendance, if I wasn't a season ticket holder I would never buy tickets until they are all freed up. Great opportunity to get great seats for a huge game!

I'm not really understanding what MSU could have done better in these regards? :-k
I wrote how I feel above but I also can see where people are coming from. Season ticket holders had till 11:00 P.M. Sunday night to buy their tickets at which time unsold tickets were to be released to the general public. Evidently there was a long time lag (maybe over 48 hours) till unsold tickets were actually released and made available. In answer to your question of how MSU could have done better, they could have released unsold season ticket seats when they said they would. Released should simultaneously mean available. "The customer is always right" applies here.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:29 pm

91catAlum wrote:
kmax wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:42 am
They must have released the unsold season tickets since the last time I looked at ticketswest. Lots more sideline seats on both sides available now.
Last time I checked there are no nose bleeds in Bobcat stadium. 😉

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

They could have communicated the correct date/time that unpurchased season tix would go on sale to the general public. That's really all I'm saying.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:49 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:51 pm
Your solution is for people to cheat the system by purchasing $20 end zone seats, and then sitting in the $40 section and hope those people don't show up?

Ok well I guess I'm not that type of person, I don't like the awkwardness of it, and frankly it's not fair to force the rightful owners of those seats to have to come and kick my family out of their seats, if they do show up.

Also, I didn't buy lower cost seats as you assumed. I bought $40 seats in row 34. It's not that big of a deal, I just wish they would've told us that unpurchased season tickets would be on sale on Wednesday morning rather than Monday. Then I would've waited. That's all. It's not the end of the world, and I'm sorry I even brought it up at this point!!! :lol:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:05 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

They could have communicated the correct date/time that unpurchased season tix would go on sale to the general public. That's really all I'm saying.
I understand that. I'm sure there was a lot of moving parts. Who knows whose fault it actually was? I guess with things like these with the NCAA involved and such little time to put it all together, I expect some hiccups.

You didn't like my idea of giving away the ones you got and buying a few more?! :wink:

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:07 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:05 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
tetoncat wrote:

I understand that. I'm sure there was a lot of moving parts. Who knows whose fault it actually was? I guess with things like these with the NCAA involved and such little time to put it all together, I expect some hiccups.

You didn't like my idea of giving away the ones you got and buying a few more?! :wink:
I loved it, but my checkbook said otherwise! :lol:

St George

Post by St George » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm

If you run into Bob Ueker get his autograph.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 pm

kcatz wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:48 pm
exppi wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:18 pm
:lol: Bethany is popular. Even with the Griz.

Come on Bethany..... charge em double
Are they really trying to charge $35 to the kids? That would also be par for the course over there :D

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz