Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: Official Unofficial Albany @ Montana State Thread

Post by kwcat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:38 am

Less than 53 hours 23 minutes to game time!

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:06 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:42 am
catatac wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:46 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm
Back to the game...

This article is hilarious

That’s awesome. I didn’t know there were young people that don’t believe dinosaurs.
Ya, that's crazy. It's scary when you know there are belief systems out there that completely defy rock solid science.
Yeah, I’d give a student $100 to dress up in one of those inflatable T-Rex costumes and sit behind the visitors bench.
:lol:

I like U Albany. I really do. I respect their journey from being picked last to a 6-2 record and a 2nd round game. Their coach seems like a stand up guy, and their poster who's over here has done a great job even in the face of casual smack talk. That why I'm conflicted in suggesting the following:

More that just a student, I think we need a small army of blow up T Rex suits. I think the dance team needs T Rex's doing choreography during the timeouts. I think the band needs T Rex's marching with them at the tailgates and in the half time show. I think we need T Rex's running the endzone under the student section. As many as we can get our hands on in this amount of time need to be deployed.

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am

As a professor at MSU, I'd be horrified, HORRIFIED if one of my students said something so mind-numbingly stupid to the press. If you're covering that team regularly, did you seek that kid out for the quote? This is the type of thing that I hope the student section runs with...everyone tweeting about the game should also hashtag #dinosaursAREreal or something. Egads.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:40 am

coochorama42 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am
As a professor at MSU, I'd be horrified, HORRIFIED if one of my students said something so mind-numbingly stupid to the press. If you're covering that team regularly, did you seek that kid out for the quote? This is the type of thing that I hope the student section runs with...everyone tweeting about the game should also hashtag #dinosaursAREreal or something. Egads.
If that guy is a starter he will inevitably get run over by TA or Ifanse at some point on Saturday. At which time a T-Rex roar should be played over the PA system and the whole crowd should yell "Dinosaurs are real!"

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 am

cats2506 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 am
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Back to the game...

That’s awesome. I didn’t know there were young people that don’t believe dinosaurs.
Ya, that's crazy. It's scary when you know there are belief systems out there that completely defy rock solid science.
Yeah, I’d give a student $100 to dress up in one of those inflatable T-Rex costumes and sit behind the visitors bench.
Oh, that would be great :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ha! This needs to happen. I'd buy the ticket.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:16 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:06 am
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Back to the game...

:lol:

I like U Albany. I really do. I respect their journey from being picked last to a 6-2 record and a 2nd round game. Their coach seems like a stand up guy, and their poster who's over here has done a great job even in the face of casual smack talk. That why I'm conflicted in suggesting the following:

More that just a student, I think we need a small army of blow up T Rex suits. I think the dance team needs T Rex's doing choreography during the timeouts. I think the band needs T Rex's marching with them at the tailgates and in the half time show. I think we need T Rex's running the endzone under the student section. As many as we can get our hands on in this amount of time need to be deployed.
I don't know if we need to go that far but we definitely need so T Rex's behind their bench and with the cheerleaders that are on that sideline. Maybe a T Rex drives the ATV that leads the players out onto the field too.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:35 am

coochorama42 wrote:
I'm a little embarrassed you're a professor at our fine University. Just enjoy the laugh, and move on.

UA Fan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UA Fan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:44 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:40 am
coochorama42 wrote:
If that guy is a starter he will inevitably get run over by TA or Ifanse at some point on Saturday. At which time a T-Rex roar should be played over the PA system and the whole crowd should yell "Dinosaurs are real!"
Yeah, he’s a starter and a good one at that. Senior safety, 6-2 215 and has 79 tackles and 4 ints. So I’m sure he’ll meet your guys. Singlais is a reporter for the Albany Times Union. Not sure why he would print that or bring it out, but the TU is a bit of a donkey sometimes and definitely a $iena paper. They play BB at the Times Union Center. I have no idea if Josh was Joshing or actually believes that. If he does, that’s his right in the good old USA. And while I disagree with him I’m not gonna mock his beliefs if that’s the case.

At least he gave you guys something to talk about.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:56 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Back to the game...

Gee, we Montana bumpkins should have invited them big city folks to our Friday night square dance and bingo game. I could have taken a few of them on my buckboard and my cousin Jebediah would have taken a few more. Sheesh, they would have had a grand old time.
Alllll-bany is smaller than Billings.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:57 am

kcatz wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Back to the game...

Gee, we Montana bumpkins should have invited them big city folks to our Friday night square dance and bingo game. I could have taken a few of them on my buckboard and my cousin Jebediah would have taken a few more. Sheesh, they would have had a grand old time.
It's too bad we don't play on Sunday so they can "experience " a Christmas stroll in downtown Bozeman
We used to call it the Christmas Stumble in college. Apropos

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:03 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Back to the game...

I don't think there's any way this player is being serious. He's trolling and sh--posting and apparently he's done a damn good job of it because a lot of people are taking it seriously.

A tip 'o the cap to this fine gentleman. \:D/ \:D/

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm

I hope the absolute and mind-numbing absurdity resulting from a bye week ahead of our opening playoff game becomes a yearly occurrence and something to look forward to.

CPrice91

Post by CPrice91 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:40 am
coochorama42 wrote:
People in Trex costumes with signs. "We're REAL lizard l-chickens damn it!;" "Stop dino erasure!" :lol:

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm
I hope the absolute and mind-numbing absurdity resulting from a bye week ahead of our opening playoff game becomes a yearly occurrence and something to look forward to.
LOL. I think we all are ready for Saturday! I'm starting to question my own sanity here!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:14 pm

coochorama42 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:57 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm
LOL. I think we all are ready for Saturday! I'm starting to question my own sanity here!
No shizzzz! Maybe we DON'T want a first round bye from here on out :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

godanesgo99
New Recruit

Post by godanesgo99 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 pm

PapaG wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:56 am

Billings Montana Population: 109,642
Billings Montana MSA (Metro Service Area) 169,728

Albany, NY Population: 98,251
Albany NY MSA Population: 1.17 Million

The city of Albany is small from a residential perspective, but that is because of urban sprawl. Under 100k people live in the city of Albany but over 400k people work in the city. That 1.17 million people in the MSA is for people within about 30 miles in all directions.

If you compare it by nationwide Media Market size: https://newsgeneration.com/broadcast-re ... o-markets/

Albany is the 59th largest market in the country. Billings isn't in the top 100.

I am not trying to brag. In fact just the opposite. We are a fairly major market and can't draw more than 4,000 fans on average for the season? Can't draw more than 1,700 for a PLAYOFF game? WTF. Albany sucks as a sports fan, unless you play at the highest level. We would support an ACC team or a top level pro team just fine, but a minor league team or a FCS team or a mid-major for basketball? Good luck getting anyone to give a damn.

Anyway, love reading your board and analysis. Thank you to the people who have joined into the discussion on the BPF site. I am predicting the cats beat the dogs by 2 touchdowns and a field goal, but anything can happen and I hope my team pulls off an upset. There were ZERO expectations on this season beyond our coach getting fired, but he turned it around and produced a surprising winner. Let's all just hope for a competitive fun game regardless of who wins.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:05 pm

godanesgo99 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 pm
PapaG wrote:

Billings Montana Population: 109,642
Billings Montana MSA (Metro Service Area) 169,728

Albany, NY Population: 98,251
Albany NY MSA Population: 1.17 Million

The city of Albany is small from a residential perspective, but that is because of urban sprawl. Under 100k people live in the city of Albany but over 400k people work in the city. That 1.17 million people in the MSA is for people within about 30 miles in all directions.

If you compare it by nationwide Media Market size: https://newsgeneration.com/broadcast-re ... o-markets/

Albany is the 59th largest market in the country. Billings isn't in the top 100.

I am not trying to brag. In fact just the opposite. We are a fairly major market and can't draw more than 4,000 fans on average for the season? Can't draw more than 1,700 for a PLAYOFF game? WTF. Albany sucks as a sports fan, unless you play at the highest level. We would support an ACC team or a top level pro team just fine, but a minor league team or a FCS team or a mid-major for basketball? Good luck getting anyone to give a damn.

Anyway, love reading your board and analysis. Thank you to the people who have joined into the discussion on the BPF site. I am predicting the cats beat the dogs by 2 touchdowns and a field goal, but anything can happen and I hope my team pulls off an upset. There were ZERO expectations on this season beyond our coach getting fired, but he turned it around and produced a surprising winner. Let's all just hope for a competitive fun game regardless of who wins.
Do the Albany Patroons still exist? I always thought that was a cool nickname (CBA basketball franchise I believe).

A lot of east coast cities appear to have small populations. I know Harrisburg, PA is an example. The reason being cities out there can't annex territory without the County's approval. Thus a lot of cities are landlocked and can't grow in acreage. So it's always good to look at the metro population to get a more realistic idea.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:08 pm

PapaG wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Back to the game...

For the ALLLLLBANY folks:
Billings pronunciation
bi·luhngz

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:34 pm

tdub wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Back to the game...

I’m not young but I still don’t believe dinosaurs, they’re all stinkin’ liars. Never met a stegosaurus that’s told the truth, they’re the worst.
That Barney fella is one shady mf-er too. Something's wrong with that guy.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act