Mitch Brott!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Mitch Brott!

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 pm

Just gotta say I watched the replay for about the 5th time tonight. (Got more annoyed with the Root color guy every time with his Griz homerism but that's another story). What really gave me great pleasure was seeing the BSC defensive MVP and his buddy Lewis getting steamrolled by Mitch and his mates on virtually every down in the second half!

Dante's last meaningful snap he was on his back watching Ifanse score again! It was a thing of beauty for this old offensive lineman! =D^ =D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

JDoub
Member # Retired

Re: Mitch Brott!

Post by JDoub » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:16 am

“point A to point B against their will”

profisme
Member # Retired

Post by profisme » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 am

On that last TD by Ifanse, I didn't even see him cross the goal line because I was too busy watching Brott just pancake Olson about 10 yards downfield from the LOS. He played mean that game and it was delightful. Hope he does more of that vs. Albany.

-Elias P. Harmon-

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:12 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 pm
Just gotta say I watched the replay for about the 5th time tonight. (Got more annoyed with the Root color guy every time with his Griz homerism but that's another story). What really gave me great pleasure was seeing the BSC defensive MVP and his buddy Lewis getting steamrolled by Mitch and his mates on virtually every down in the second half!

Dante's last meaningful snap he was on his back watching Ifanse score again! It was a thing of beauty for this old offensive lineman! =D^ =D^ =D^
Absolutely , those guys aren’t getting enough love - the depth of our playoff run will be as deep as they can take us in
My opinion . Reminded me of JP 4 years ago in Wagrizz lots of pancaking .He leads a good group .

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:24 am

😁😁
Last edited by 77matcat on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:25 am

O line looked like road graders from the end zone. Pretty much cleared everything for five yards down the field.

A thing of beauty.

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 am

That pancake on the BSC co-DPOY, and Buchanan award finalist 10 yards downfield really stood out to me this time too!

Edit: to clarify, by “this time” I mean the last time I watched the game.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:39 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 pm

Olson got mauled a lot of times in that game. I notice he also took the jet sweep guy bait a LOT of the time and out of position. He is a great player, but I think all that motion behind the line of scrimmage confused him a lot. He seems more suited for playing traditional running/pro set QB type teams. And yes, I would take him on the Cats without a doubt. You could just see he had to throttle back a lot to make sure he read the play correctly. That Logan Jones TD to the left Brott took out 2 guys (One of them Olson) all by himself. Kudos to Matt Miller and company for calling a really diverse offensive game plan as well! It is tough to key on any one player on this team. So much motion and formation movement pre-snap it makes the D take a step back.
Last edited by CARDIAC_CATS on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am

Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

ibleedblue

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am
Wish I could post a pic of Troy to show Dante and the Root color guy what a REAL NFL linebacker looks like.
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am

Our blocking angles really confused the griz backers. Brott was a beast, so physical and so driven. Olson is really good, we were just better that day. Kidd and Tua both laid some punishing blocks too. I've watched it three times and line play has stuck out all three times, on both sides of the ball.

coochorama42

Post by coochorama42 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:53 am

I agree @ibleedblue, Olson was awesome. He is an NFL linebacker. That makes what the O-Line did that much more special. I hope Mitch gets the opportunity to play professionally. He's a very bright young man and might be able to follow the Mike Person route.

ibleedblue

Post by ibleedblue » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 am

coochorama42 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:53 am
I agree @ibleedblue, Olson was awesome. He is an NFL linebacker. That makes what the O-Line did that much more special. I hope Mitch gets the opportunity to play professionally. He's a very bright young man and might be able to follow the Mike Person route.
I hope Brott gets that chance too. He has the right mentality and persona and smarts to do it in my opinion. Agree that the line really eliminating the aggressive play of the Griz LBs was huge.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am

ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
Troy is super human no doubt, but I’m also blown away by how good Olson is. Our O line was able to get to the 2nd level a lot and take him out, but he still had 18 tackles in that game. I’ve never seen a LB fly sideline to sideline like that. He’s their best defensive player for sure. I think he will have a legit chance at the Buchanan award and getting drafted. I think Troy will get there too but I’d take Olson any day as well.
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcat Jim » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am

I heard Choate say once,"If you breath on the guy while he is down you get credit for a tackle for the Griz".

coochorama42

Post by coochorama42 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:08 am

@bobcat99, I agree that tackle totals get a little out of hand over the hill, but watching him in person was a treat. He saved them from giving up even more big plays on a couple occasions. Winning our rivalry game is always fun, winning when they have a really good team is even better!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am

Somewhat related note, Griz fans were applauding that Mallory OL of theirs all year for his pancake block and then just laying on top of the guy he pancaked. Got flagged for it against the Cats.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:43 am

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
Somewhat related note, Griz fans were applauding that Mallory OL of theirs all year for his pancake block and then just laying on top of the guy he pancaked. Got flagged for it against the Cats.
Nothing wrong with it...until the whistle blows. Doing it after the play when opposing players are pulling you off, that's when it gets flagged. On that play, Josh Hill came on a blitz and just missed Sneed. Hill laid on the ground after missing the sack and Mallory decided to just lay on top of him. Didn't even pancake him. Cmon man.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:59 am
ibleedblue wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
When you get credit for touching the pile after a tackle, you can get a lot of tackles.
I don’t want to take anything away from the kid because I do think he’s a very good LB, but when looking at stats, he’ll have his 18 and the leading tackler for the other team will be 6-7. It does make a person wonder if he gets credited with tackles because he was seen getting up from the pile, even if he was on top of three other defenders.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:02 pm

We will have a long feature on Mitch Brott on Friday afternoon. He is one of my favorite players I've covered in 10 years chronicling the 'Cats.