MSU vs Albany predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Re: MSU vs Albany predictions

Post by CodyCat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:20 am

Going to be a close one. But our defense has been lights out!

Cats 23
Albany 12

Hating the griz since 02.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:02 am

35-17 Bobcats

Just looking at their schedule, they seem to be a bit up-n-down:

6-1 at home - beat teams with records of 4-8, 4-8, 5-7, 2-10, 6-5, and playoff round 1 (11-2) and lost to 6-6 Maine
3-3 road - including FBS loss to Central Michigan, who is in the MAC Championship game

signature wins: over 7-5 Towson, who was ranked #9 at the time, and CCSU first round

FCS losses to 11-2 Monmouth, in OT, Monmouth won the Big South above Kennesaw State, and won their 1st round game over Holy Cross 44-27;
Richmond, who was 5-7 in the CAA
Maine, who was 6-6 in the CAA

2 of their 3 road wins have come in their last 4 games, in close games to 5-7 Delaware and 5-7 Stony Brook, and they are on a 4 game win streak. Outside of JMU, the CAA beat each other up this year, and Albany benefited.

We can't let them get into a rhythm, we need to get to Undercuffler like we did Sneed, keep their O off the field, ya know - all the usual stuff. Play like we did against the griz and we could put it away by half.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:54 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:41 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:46 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:03 pm
catatac wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:15 pm
Have people seen our defense lately? Albany doesn't score more than 20.

MSU: 37
Albany: 10
I sure hope so! But, as others' correctly predicted, listening to Choate's presser he certainly sounds concerned about that passing game. They WILL air it out a ton and they DO have NFL caliber receiver and other personnel to make some big plays on us. If we can stop them on the ground and make them one dimensional and really get after that QB I think we'll have a good chance to win.
Choate makes UNC sound like a good team in his pressers.

Albany doesn't have an NFL WR. I'll guarantee they don't have any WR as good as what we faced against UM. We did fine there.
Southern Utah was described as a tough out per Choate.
So was UND, turns out they were #-o
Ah whatever. MSU played and coached awful against UND.
Oh trust me, I'm totally with you on this one and I think IF we come out and play with the focus and intensity that we did against UM we should win this one going away. However, these are kids, and sometimes they lose focus... maybe start thinking they're already great because they smashed UM, have a let down, etc.... Yes, I know Choate is keenly aware of these issues and I think he does a great job of managing the team and staying focused in the moment but you just never know how that ball is going to bounce when you get into the game. Cats got pretty lucky with the fumbles in that game, on both sided. I think we still would have won, but things like that are dangerous against a good team.

Bottom line, I just don't feel right expecting a blowout win here... that just feels Grizzy to me :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:26 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 am
VimSince03 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
catatac wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I sure hope so! But, as others' correctly predicted, listening to Choate's presser he certainly sounds concerned about that passing game. They WILL air it out a ton and they DO have NFL caliber receiver and other personnel to make some big plays on us. If we can stop them on the ground and make them one dimensional and really get after that QB I think we'll have a good chance to win.

Albany doesn't have an NFL WR. I'll guarantee they don't have any WR as good as what we faced against UM. We did fine there.
Oh trust me, I'm totally with you on this one and I think IF we come out and play with the focus and intensity that we did against UM we should win this one going away. However, these are kids, and sometimes they lose focus... maybe start thinking they're already great because they smashed UM, have a let down, etc.... Yes, I know Choate is keenly aware of these issues and I think he does a great job of managing the team and staying focused in the moment but you just never know how that ball is going to bounce when you get into the game. Cats got pretty lucky with the fumbles in that game, on both sided. I think we still would have won, but things like that are dangerous against a good team.

Bottom line, I just don't feel right expecting a blowout win here... that just feels Grizzy to me :lol:
Bingo. This is the second round of the playoffs, which means every matchup is arguably a top 20 pairing. Will there be a blowout or two this weekend? Probably, but I'm not expecting ours to be one of them, and I expect there to be more close games than not.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm

kittens 42
pooches 17

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:12 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm
kittens 42
pooches 17
you back huh?

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Vegas only has the Cats by nine points. If you factor in the typical field goal for home-field advantage, that's only six points. And that makes sense since Albany can score.

YOUR Montana State Fighting Bobcats - 37
Albany - 31

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Is it going to be.....[[/media]

Or will it be.......

[[/media]

Hopefully, when it comes to our secondary we don’t have any bad touches....

And when it comes to our running game....

[[/media]

And our defense is 1000 HP!!!

[[/media]

Then we can all party like a....

[[/media]

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:24 pm

catatac wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I gotta admit, Choate has upgraded the art of singing the praises of the opponent. I thought Lou Holtz was the master, but Choate isn't far behind!

2024 Resume dominance

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:37 pm

If they play like they did vs the Griz the score should be similar.

I think there will be a little bit of rust to dust off. Close for the first half but the depth and team speed of MSU will wear on them and start pulling away in the 3rd.

Call it...34-20 Cats.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:24 am

I feel like this will be one of those games, where the outcome is never really in much doubt, but it never really becomes a blowout either. I'm going with MSU by a score of 35-24.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 am

The Great Danes go ahead 17-14, but the Bobcats roar back. 2010 in reverse.

MSU 42, Albany 17

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:21 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 am
VimSince03 wrote:
catatac wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
catatac wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I get that , but I also believe with the Senior Leadership on this team , the one come to Jesus meeting after UND,
will be enough to not allow a let down , it's Playoff time one and done if ya don't win ~ I'm betting they play focused
and physical .

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 am

Once again, if this team shows up and I mean everyone shows up, we are a Top 5 team.
MSU——38
Albany—-17

Punters are people too!!

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:39 am

This game shouldn't be close or ever in question. Cats are firing on all cylinders right now and physically locked in. Should be a great day for running the football, and with this team, it'll be 6 yards and a cloud a dust every time.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:06 pm

msuhunter wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:39 am
This game shouldn't be close or ever in question. Cats are firing on all cylinders right now and physically locked in. Should be a great day for running the football, and with this team, it'll be 6 yards and a cloud OF COLD SMOKE every time.
FIFY

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Coach will have the team prepared and ready to roll. His teams have always been good in November, and I expect December to be the same. The D has become a force to be reckoned with and the O is finally hitting its stride. A week off is only going to help the guys I think.

Cats 41
Danes 17

LIBBYCAT

Post by LIBBYCAT » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:27 pm

=D^
kwcat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:17 pm
Is it going to be.....[[/media]

Or will it be.......

[[/media]

Hopefully, when it comes to our secondary we don’t have any bad touches....

And when it comes to our running game....

[[/media]

And our defense is 1000 HP!!!

[[/media]

Then we can all party like a....

[[/media]
Just when I thought there was no humor here this week!

Same prediction as last week! It worked then, so I’m sticking to it.

Cats 31
Danes 17

Troy and Ifanse dress but only play in emergency role.
Logan and Sumner Roll.
Sterk feels snubbed and drops the hammer on Undercuffler.
Picks by Hill and Allyene. Marks and Benson keep the pocket uncomfortable all day. How’s that for a prediction.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:36 pm

38-13

The way we've been playing for the last month I can't see it being any closer than this. Sac State was the last team to score more than three times against our defense and we scored 40+ in 3 of the last 4 games.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Mtcatfan

Post by Mtcatfan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:02 pm

Cats 31
Scooby Do's 7