Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Albany vs central Connecticut ESPN3

Post by Montanabob » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:39 am

With 8 games attendance averaging about 2500, max of ~7950, will they be shocked playing in Montana? I hope so and with the cold, let it snow.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:44 am

Bsmithmsu wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:18 am

If I remember correctly the kids don’t get free tickets. Hopefully Pepsi, or whoever bought them last time, will donate them to the kids again.
When season ticket holders go to get their tickets for playoff games they should have an option to add on an extra $7 or whatever to buy a student a ticket. I'd happily check that box for each of the tickets I got.

BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 110010110 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:49 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:35 am
I understand it’s NCAA and most of what they do is stupid. But not giving students tickets to see their college football team play has to be the dumbest thing ever.
The way I understand it is that's not really an NCAA thing. Not every school does free student tickets, the reason MSU does is because it's part of the athletic fee all fulltime students pay as part of their tuition. But that fee is based on the 6 (home) game regular season. Which means the fee doesn't cover the "extra" playoff games

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:52 am

110010110 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:49 am
ilovethecats wrote:
I understand it’s NCAA and most of what they do is stupid. But not giving students tickets to see their college football team play has to be the dumbest thing ever.
The way I understand it is that's not really an NCAA thing. Not every school does free student tickets, the reason MSU does is because it's part of the athletic fee all fulltime students pay as part of their tuition. But that fee is based on the 6 (home) game regular season. Which means the fee doesn't cover the "extra" playoff games
Ah. Gotcha. I still don’t like it! :wink:

Love your idea though of having the option to help with student tickets. When I got my tickets last week I got 4 extras that we’ll just give away. But if there was an option to be able to help with student tickets I’d do that too. We need the students in full force! I hope they know how important they are.

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:53 am

110010110 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:49 am
ilovethecats wrote:
There is also a rule about not giving away tickets. Something to the effect ticket prices can't be lower than the average for all home games. I would guess the $7 ticket has already been subsidized by a donation of some sort.

For what it's worth. The $7 price didn't seem to affect the students I talked to last week

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:17 am

kcatz wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:53 am

There is also a rule about not giving away tickets.
Didn’t Harrington buy a bunch for students last year or am I misremembering that?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:28 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 am
Bsmithmsu wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:18 am
Team10 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:26 pm
RickRund wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:41 pm
spring creek cat wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:16 pm
Is is it just me or does it look like both teams a bit slow! I think we have way more team speed
I have been holding my opinion but I just don't see anything explosive. The passing game looks ok but again not that quickness that I was looking for. If we could pack in 17000-18000 loud rabid fans they could be intimidated. CAT-griz is probably not happening crowd wise but close to the SEMO game atmosphere would be nice...
At least the students will be back from break next weekend, so that will help the attendance number hopefully. Fingers crossed for good weather day before and day of to make traveling easier.
If I remember correctly the kids don’t get free tickets. Hopefully Pepsi, or whoever bought them last time, will donate them to the kids again.
Yes. No free student tickets, no corporate/comp tickets, also, I believe, no comped family section tickets.

There also won’t be the standard in-game advertising For this game.
I bought fifteen playoff game tickets to be handed out free to students for this game.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:37 pm

@BethanyCordell is there any way MSU can set up a donation for buying students tickets for this game? I can’t make it up to Montana for the game, but I’d love to make a donation so that students can fill those seats and give us another amazing atmosphere this weekend.

GO CATS GO!!!

ghobs95
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ghobs95 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:37 pm
@BethanyCordell is there any way MSU can set up a donation for buying students tickets for this game? I can’t make it up to Montana for the game, but I’d love to make a donation so that students can fill those seats and give us another amazing atmosphere this weekend.
I like this! I won't be able to be there, but I'd definitely donate for one more student to be loud for me

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Nice!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:13 pm

ghobs95 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
I like this! I won't be able to be there, but I'd definitely donate for one more student to be loud for me
If you would like to purchase some tickets to be handed out free to the students, call Richard Droski at the MSU ticket office. 406-994-5556. I’d do it first thing tomorrow morning.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:29 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Hi everyone!

We're up to more than 1,600 sponsored student tickets. We've had some incredible people step up and purchase tickets including the following:

Harrington Pepsi
Office of the President
Rocking R Bar
Quarterback Club
First Security Bank
and private donors

If you'd like to contribute... please email me at bcordell@msubobcats.com.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:06 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:29 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Hi everyone!

We're up to more than 1,600 sponsored student tickets. We've had some incredible people step up and purchase tickets including the following:

Harrington Pepsi
Office of the President
Rocking R Bar
Quarterback Club
First Security Bank
and private donors

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Sounds like our sponsors will buy more tickets than most of the first 8 playoff games had in attendance.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:31 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:06 pm
BethanyCordell wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Hi everyone!

Harrington Pepsi
Office of the President
Rocking R Bar
Quarterback Club
First Security Bank
and private donors

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Sounds like our sponsors will buy more tickets than most of the first 8 playoff games had in attendance.
:lol: :oops:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:37 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
Hi everyone!

Harrington Pepsi
Office of the President
Rocking R Bar
Quarterback Club
First Security Bank
and private donors

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Wonderful, thank you Bethany! Amazing to see the community support, just want to add my little piece. I’ll email tomorrow morning.

GO CATS GO!!!