Denial and Delusion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Denial and Delusion

Post by RickRund » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:59 pm

Guess the griz will have to modify their schedule before CAT-griz and throw in a couple of bye dates and go to a spa for two weeks for pampering and self esteem classes.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:57 pm

catatac wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:25 am
Exactly! One other observation I forgot to mention... the reffing. We ran the ball 52 times or whatever it was and didn't get one holding call? That's unheard of and just not possible, so the refs were definitely on the Cats' side.

No, Grizzlies, it's called discipline and excellent coaching. Your team got called for holding because they were getting their asses kicked on both sides of the line, and that's when you start holding.
I always wonder about the people who think a lopsided number of penalties is absolute proof of biased reffing. Have they ever played any sports? If two evenly-matched teams are playing equally well, you would expect equal numbers of penalties. If one team is beating wholesale ass, you would expect them not to get called for as many penalties because they can win playing clean.
Last edited by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:05 pm

A good friend of mine told me that last Monday he’d had breakfast with a old griz friend of his. The griz friend was very adamant and confident that despite the score, the griz still had “far superior” lines on both sides of the ball. That is delusional. MSU just got done proving that wrong at the only place that it can be proven, ON THE FIELD.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm

They’ve already got a thread going about how they’ll win because the forecast calls for 34 degrees.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

CPrice91
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by CPrice91 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm
They’ve already got a thread going about how they’ll win because the forecast calls for 34 degrees.
I remember a similar story regarding Coastal Carolina a few years ago :lol:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:50 pm

CPrice91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm
Cledus wrote:
There are a few people over there who have reminded everyone of Wofford and Coastal Carolina, but for the most part there’s the amount of irrational exuberance you’ve come to expect.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:45 pm

CPrice91 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm
Cledus wrote:
I was at that CC game (lived in Missoula). Cold was an understatement. Absolutely frigid. But CC had the most coordinated “stay warm” plan I’ve seen. EVERY guy had a big over coat thrown on him the moment they hit the sidelines. No exceptions. Nobody on their sidelines acted like they were tougher than the cold. Meanwhile, quite a few um guys were in short sleeves and had the whole Montana Tough thing going on. You could see it directly impact performance. An ultimate backfire for the griz. Just simple physiology that a cold body won’t function as efficiently as a warm one. I thought the griz were a better team, but that day the ego of the griz team and the cold completely won the game for CC.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

slccat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by slccat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:07 am

RickRund wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:59 pm
Guess the griz will have to modify their schedule before CAT-griz and throw in a couple of bye dates and go to a spa for two weeks for pampering and self esteem classes.
Love it! They will never change!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:49 am

I remember when both teams had a bye before Cat-Griz every year. Then the Big Sky conference started trying to live out their own delusion that the teams in the actual Big Sky state aren't the flagship programs in the Big Sky conference.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:45 am

Bobby continues to make excuses for Cat-Griz AND pre-emptive excuses, I guess in case they get their DOLA handed to them again in the playoffs. “coming out of the Weber State game I don’t know if we were ready to play any more football”

and he reminds everyone how far ahead of schedule they are. politician

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:31 am

JDoub wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:45 am
Bobby continues to make excuses for Cat-Griz AND pre-emptive excuses, I guess in case they get their DOLA handed to them again in the playoffs. “coming out of the Weber State game I don’t know if we were ready to play any more football”

Crazy to hear a coach actually say that! I wouldn’t be very confident going into the playoffs that will be very difficult games in a short amount of time if my head coach was saying crap like that.

They beat the crap out of Weber at home but THAT is the reason they didn’t have gas in the tank?! :lol:

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:11 pm

So... are you saying Weber State is their super bowl and the game they focus on all year, so they had no gas left in the tank for the Cats? Good planning Bobby.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:16 pm

JDoub wrote:

It’s the coach’s job to get your team ready to play, especially with a conference title on the line. He seems a bit unstable to me. One would think failing spectacularly at UNLV would humble him a bit yet it seems his ego is bigger than ever. I do like how he called out his own players for not be ready for Cat-Griz.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:14 pm

PapaG wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:16 pm
JDoub wrote:

It’s the coach’s job to get your team ready to play, especially with a conference title on the line. He seems a bit unstable to me. One would think failing spectacularly at UNLV would humble him a bit yet it seems his ego is bigger than ever. I do like how he called out his own players for not be ready for Cat-Griz.
Don’t know how many of you caught it, but he also mentioned in an earlier interview that they played way over their heads when they were up 22 to 0 last year.

I wonder if they played way over their head this year when they scored two touchdowns! Go Cats!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Booby Hauck is putting on a clinic in excuse making. It's fun to watch for sure. In the post game of cat/griz when asked how he will get the team ready to play after a tough loss. He said something like I wish I could say that we are going to be ok in a week but we won't. Haha...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:10 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:39 pm
Booby Hauck is putting on a clinic in excuse making. It's fun to watch for sure. In the post game of cat/griz when asked how he will get the team ready to play after a tough loss. He said something like I wish I could say that we are going to be ok in a week but we won't. Haha...
I think that was some gamesmanship there, as he knew they wouldn't be playing in a week.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:20 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:10 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:39 pm
I think that was some gamesmanship there, as he knew they wouldn't be playing in a week.
He was probably surprised to get a seed after that turd playing a team without their star LB and great runner.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride