"The Streak" redux

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

"The Streak" redux

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Saw where Virginia beat VA Tech for the first time in 15 seasons. Feel their elation, but their reward is a date in the ACC Championship Game against Clemson...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: "The Streak" redux

Post by kcatz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:17 pm

I watched that game. Felt I owed it to the UVA fans.

It was fun to watch but for a minute there I thought they were gonna get 1997'd

El Griz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: "The Streak" redux

Post by El Griz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:26 pm

I was watching it but did not know the series winning streak was that long. (Griz graduate and fan). I had two children and always tried to get them into sports but they were not that interested. I vividly remember the day my daughter watched the rivalry game where the bobcats broke the 16 year streak. She asked me why they were celebrating so much. I explained why. She noted to me that she was born, teethed, got her menstrual cycle, obtained her drivers license and has college scholarships in hand all during that time. I told her most streaks don't last that long and shouldn't. Not good for the sport. Ironically she is a MSU graduate and works within the MSU program creating better hops and barley for beer. God bless her.