Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:20 pm

When is singing day in December?

Punters are people too!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:22 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:20 pm
You can sing whenever you want :-^

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:42 pm

Herbert didn't walk on.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Ahhhhhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhhh!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:18 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:27 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:18 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 pm
Love this!! Great work. \:D/

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:28 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:22 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Yes, because we will be singing when he signs on signing day in December. But what day is that, so I can write a song to sing when he signs. 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Punters are people too!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:33 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:28 am
allcat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
Yes, because we will be singing when he signs on signing day in December. But what day is that, so I can write a song to sing when he signs. 🤦🏼‍♂️😂
December 19-21 is the early signing period.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

4thecats
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by 4thecats » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:04 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:28 am
allcat wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
Well played sir. 👍😂

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:40 am

It's hard to tell from high school tape, but for those who have some evaluation knowledge, question for you. Does this kid look like he has the ability to compete for the starting job immediately as a true frosh?

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:12 am

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:40 am
It's hard to tell from high school tape, but for those who have some evaluation knowledge, question for you. Does this kid look like he has the ability to compete for the starting job immediately as a true frosh?
If you asked me this questions 3 weeks ago I'd say absolutely he will start next year - but Tucker Rovig has shown tremendous growth and if he can keep building on that he could be a very good quarterback down the road - dont forget he is only a sophomore this year.

Grady does bring a very different element to this offense, and one we desperately need - elite speed at that position, I believe a very quick release, good accuracy. He does rely on his athleticism too much at times though and some of the stuff he does now wont work at the D1 level.

Hope we can hold onto him - looks very special! He and Mellott are similar athletes … dont forget Tommy Mellott is pretty special and may just want Montana Gatorade Player of the Year.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am

91catAlum wrote:
I would be incredibly surprised if he doesn't redshirt.

Tucker has improved by a fair amount the past few weeks. How he performs in the playoffs will determine how hard the staff pursues a transfer QB, imo. If he falters, they have to bring in a transfer. If he does well, they can go after a quality backup (in case somebody transfers).

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:29 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am
91catAlum wrote:

Tucker has improved by a fair amount the past few weeks. How he performs in the playoffs will determine how hard the staff pursues a transfer QB, imo. If he falters, they have to bring in a transfer. If he does well, they can go after a quality backup (in case somebody transfers).
They're gonna pursue a transfer anyway. Need more competitive arms in that room next year.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:32 am

91catAlum wrote:
It's really difficult to say one way or the other. You don't really know until they show up and get behind center. We've seen dudes with big time power 5 scholarship offers come in and wash out, and we've seen guys like Travis Lulay come in with minimal accolades come in and thrive. It's just so difficult to predict how recruits will develop and adapt both physically and mentally.
Last edited by wbtfg on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:07 am

I am always amazed at recruiting. I think without a doubt the biggest factor with any recruit is the mental aspect, how do they handle the step up to a higher level of play. The QB position is even more of a mental position than athletic one. I look at the player highlight videos and they all look great but I cannot predict how they will handle it when the bullets start flying. It just seems to me that its not always something that can be judged from stats and videos.

Just a thought I was having, Grady looks like he would be a huge get for us.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:13 am

bobcat99 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

The 4 game redshirt rule could be used on Robison. Get him some experience early in the year if the QB position is shaky again and go from there. No real downside to it.

Also, I don’t understand his Tweet. Seems excited to be a Husky? Or, was UDub just a mixed signals thing with him? I’m a proud Bobcat graduate but a UDub degree opens more doors. Perhaps he was offered a preferred walk-on spot there opposed to a full-ride in Bozeman?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:13 am
bobcat99 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

The 4 game redshirt rule could be used on Robison. Get him some experience early in the year if the QB position is shaky again and go from there. No real downside to it.

Also, I don’t understand his Tweet. Seems excited to be a Husky? Or, was UDub just a mixed signals thing with him? I’m a proud Bobcat graduate but a UDub degree opens more doors. Perhaps he was offered a preferred walk-on spot there opposed to a full-ride in Bozeman?
One observer suggested it was a PWO because he stated an opportunity as to where his tweet about WKU was an "offer". As far as degrees, I would argue it depends on what field of study he opts for. MSU grads are highly sought after in various fields, although we dont have the med school that they do.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:50 am

PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

They could try to get him some time in a blowout game, but otherwise there's not a lot of upside. Can ruin his confidence too.

As for his UW tweet, of course he's excited! A top 15 program offered him a walk-on. That's not an offer that goes out a lot, and to a local kid, it means a lot. He should be excited about it. He's not excited "to be" a Husky, because he's not going to be a Husky. He's going to be a Bobcat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:56 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:50 am
PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

They could try to get him some time in a blowout game, but otherwise there's not a lot of upside. Can ruin his confidence too.

As for his UW tweet, of course he's excited! A top 15 program offered him a walk-on. That's not an offer that goes out a lot, and to a local kid, it means a lot. He should be excited about it. He's not excited "to be" a Husky, because he's not going to be a Husky. He's going to be a Bobcat.
UW is a big time program and a big time school, and he should be excited about that walk-on offer. He's obviously also excited about a full-ride offer to MSU. Especially considering UW's annual cost of attendance for an in-state student is pushing $30k/year. A $150k savings over 5 years sounds pretty sweet to me.