crowd noise

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: crowd noise

Post by tdub » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 am

I seriously had NO idea their band was there until reading this.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:20 am

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:30 pm

catscat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:54 am
I didn't even realize UM had their band their until I ran into them when I was walking back into the stadium after halftime. I don't think I heard them play a single note.
Guess they just weren't "note"worthy.
Groan. (Actually mad I didn't get to say this first)

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:31 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:20 am

haha. so great.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:40 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:22 am
I witnessed the famous Joe Roberts interception in 1984 against Rhode Island and I thought nothing could be louder than that fan reaction, until this weekend. The crowd at this game made me proud to be a Bobcat supporter. I also am still hoarse. Mony Mony!
Could you imagine how loud that endzone would have been with the configuration we have now?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Easily the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at any sporting event in my life, and it really isn't close. That was unbelievable! Our crowd did to the griz what we've watched happen countless times in Missoula to opposing teams - what they did to Weber just one week before. We got them behind the sticks from the very start and never let up, and it just snowballed on them. I don't necessarily think the Cats aren't that good, but the griz are definitely not that bad, and we made them look like a high school team. It was glorious. I've never seen Bobcat Stadium like that from start to finish, I'm still hoarse and loving every minute of it today even though I still feel absolutely terrible from an amazing weekend!

GO CATS GO!!!

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 pm

I had made this same comment to my wife. Saturday definitely had a playoff atmosphere in terms of crowd noise. The only time I remember it that loud was the 2011 playoff game against New Hampshire on their final drive and just after the blocked extra point attempt to win the game. That prior was probably my favorite all time favorite Bobcat football game, but Saturday definitely took its place.

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:58 pm

wbtfg wrote:
I didn't even realize UM had their band was there until I ran into them when I was walking back into the stadium after halftime. I don't think I heard them play a single note.
I heard the griz band play their fight song twice. Obviously, their band was not near the size of MSU's, so the sound wasn't as loud. You could also hear some JLM chants from the griz fans when he was back on punt returns.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CaturdaysR4TheBoys
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CaturdaysR4TheBoys » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Saturday’s crowd was unbelievable. I have never seen Bobcat stadium like that for 4 quarters. By far the most fun I’ve ever had at a cat game from start to finish. Maybe I’m just being biased, but I feel like that atmosphere would rival a lot of Griz games. Really hoping we can keep this type of energy going into the playoffs and sell out the stadium!

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:18 pm
I had made this same comment to my wife. Saturday definitely had a playoff atmosphere in terms of crowd noise. The only time I remember it that loud was the 2011 playoff game against New Hampshire on their final drive and just after the blocked extra point attempt to win the game. That prior was probably my favorite all time favorite Bobcat football game, but Saturday definitely took its place.
I was in the end zone for the New Hampshire game, didn’t that hit the upright? That was so freakin cool.

One of the best crowds I can remember being apart of was the Furman playoff game, 2006? I believe that was only 11k attendance

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:08 pm

This is how we do our part on game day and we’ve proven that we can generate this type of noise. Now there is no excuse for us not to do this every game.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:43 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 am
catscat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:46 am
Yeah, usually noise level drops off when we are ahead by 30. Not this game! Even in other big games, there isn't the noise level on 1st and 2nd down like there was for this game. It was 3rd down/4th down noise level all game! Also, not many sat down as they do when we are 30 points ahead. On our feet the whole way. And, no one left. Stadium was just as full at the end as it was for the first KO. Crowd, while lighter at the start of the second half, got back much faster - even though we had a commanding lead.
Not true: I was facing section 124 (where the griz crowd was mostly contained along with the band) as well as being seated near an exit tunnel. Lots of griz faithful slinked out of the stadium starting mid third quarter. Many with their head down focusing on getting out as quickly as possible. :-({|=
True. I have been taking pictures of the missoula crowd leaving for years. Listening to their blogs how they never leave before the game over. What a bunch of BS!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Bocephus wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:06 pm
Catbacker_1 wrote:
I was in the end zone for the New Hampshire game, didn’t that hit the upright? That was so freakin cool.

One of the best crowds I can remember being apart of was the Furman playoff game, 2006? I believe that was only 11k attendance
That is correct and hit the upright. And it was loud. On the Furman game I don’t know if there was more than six or 7000 but it was a loud little crowd

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm

kwcat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Catbacker_1 wrote:

That is correct and hit the upright. And it was loud. On the Furman game I don’t know if there was more than six or 7000 but it was a loud little crowd
Saturday was probably the most raucous, continuously noisy crowd I've experienced at Bobcat Stadium. That moment in the UNH playoff game with the missed/tipped/doinked extra point, that was the loudest moment I've experienced. It was rock concert, roar in your ears loud.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

MSUBRONCO
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUBRONCO » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:20 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm
kwcat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Catbacker_1 wrote:

Saturday was probably the most raucous, continuously noisy crowd I've experienced at Bobcat Stadium. That moment in the UNH playoff game with the missed/tipped/doinked extra point, that was the loudest moment I've experienced. It was rock concert, roar in your ears loud.
I'll never forget the UNH game, I was a student standing in the second row directly behind the goal post

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:25 pm

vike_king wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:30 pm
catscat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am
wbtfg wrote:
I didn't even realize UM had their band their until I ran into them when I was walking back into the stadium after halftime. I don't think I heard them play a single note.
Guess they just weren't "note"worthy.
Groan. (Actually mad I didn't get to say this first)
:lol: :lol: =D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:58 pm
wbtfg wrote:
I didn't even realize UM had their band was there until I ran into them when I was walking back into the stadium after halftime. I don't think I heard them play a single note.
I heard the griz band play their fight song twice. Obviously, their band was not near the size of MSU's, so the sound wasn't as loud. You could also hear some JLM chants from the griz fans when he was back on punt returns.
In section 113 they were chanting jerry jerry jerry and I thought there was paternity test reveal coming to let the griz know that Choate was their daddy.

tagleason
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tagleason » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 am

Close review of the UNH kick showed a slight deflection caused by a partial hand. But enough. I think that last drive was the loudest I’ve heard it in the house. Wasn’t the crowd only about 7K or something crazy like that?

AKCat1

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:03 am

tagleason wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 am
Close review of the UNH kick showed a slight deflection caused by a partial hand. But enough. I think that last drive was the loudest I’ve heard it in the house. Wasn’t the crowd only about 7K or something crazy like that?
11,367 is what I found. But it was the week after a 20,000 Cat-Griz game, so seemed pretty small. BTW, there was only 9,000 at #1 Sam Houston the following week (the "Akpla catch " game).

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm
Easily the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at any sporting event in my life, and it really isn't close. That was unbelievable! Our crowd did to the griz what we've watched happen countless times in Missoula to opposing teams - what they did to Weber just one week before. We got them behind the sticks from the very start and never let up, and it just snowballed on them. I don't necessarily think the Cats aren't that good, but the griz are definitely not that bad, and we made them look like a high school team. It was glorious. I've never seen Bobcat Stadium like that from start to finish, I'm still hoarse and loving every minute of it today even though I still feel absolutely terrible from an amazing weekend!
I would say this is a perfect description I’m still Hoarse as well this morning. Full throat Full game and the noise was very
Timely to effect the game , have to say Bobcat Fans we’re dialed .

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play