MSU vs DumB predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU vs DumB predictions

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:14 am

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 am
I expect it to be close. Looking at the matchups is interesting though.

I see strength against strength weakness against weakness.

Yards per attempt of offense vs defense

MSU run offense #1(5.9) vs um run defense #2(3.3)
MSU pass offense #12(6.5) vs um pass defense #13(7.2)
MSU run defense #5(5.9) vs um run offense #7(4.2)
MSU pass defense #5(6.6) vs um pass offense #4(8.0)

MSU wins every matchup

https://static.bigskyconf.com/custompag ... nfldrs.htm
Looks like three out of four. Not every. Interesting stuff still.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:42 am

iaafan wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:14 am
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

So I have been pretty busy this week and finally had a chance to go over to efizz and see what they are saying.

other than Whalberg's scouting report there is absolutely no awareness of reality, they just take it as a given since they won big over Weber that they will bin big over MSU, I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a very fun day.

I never bet on this game, but I couldn't turn it down when a co-worker was giving me 14 points :lol:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:55 am

cats2506 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:42 am
iaafan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

So I have been pretty busy this week and finally had a chance to go over to efizz and see what they are saying.

other than Whalberg's scouting report there is absolutely no awareness of reality, they just take it as a given since they won big over Weber that they will bin big over MSU, I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a very fun day.

I never bet on this game, but I couldn't turn it down when a co-worker was giving me 14 points :lol:
the problem with those stats is... you guys played the bottom of the barrel of the conference. SUU, NCU, CP,. Sorry but the stats don't really matter when the two teams have only a couple common opponents. Not talking ****** just being realistic. I expect a great game. Good luck!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:57 am

cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

That's my only take from this week honestly. I think it's going to be a hard-fought game that the Griz could most certainly win.

Reading this board people are hoping and predicting for a close win. Not sure I've even seen a prediction of a 10 point win but maybe there were some?

Egriz, per usual, is just the opposite. A couple guys are saying it might be a close hard-fought game. The majority are predicting huge blowouts. At one time there was only one prediction of a "close" game and it was still a 10 point win I believe.

I said earlier I could only HOPE that their team is as cocky and over-confident as their message board fanbase! But they won't be. Hauck will have them focused and our Cats will have their full attention for sure.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:55 am
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

the problem with those stats is... you guys played the bottom of the barrel of the conference. SUU, NCU, CP,. Sorry but the stats don't really matter when the two teams have only a couple common opponents. Not talking ****** just being realistic. I expect a great game. Good luck!
Take a peak at Egriz this time last year. Many people were posting eerily similar stats that all favored the Griz. Your schedule was cake compared to ours.

Stats are fun for us fans for sure. But people are correct when they say in this game, you can pretty much throw them all out the window. I've seen way to many of these games not follow the trend of season-long stats to put much credence in any of them. Typically the team that's most physical, and turns the ball over less wins.

Can. Not. Wait. For Tomorrow!

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:07 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am
hilinegrizfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

Take a peak at Egriz this time last year. Many people were posting eerily similar stats that all favored the Griz. Your schedule was cake compared to ours.

Stats are fun for us fans for sure. But people are correct when they say in this game, you can pretty much throw them all out the window. I've seen way to many of these games not follow the trend of season-long stats to put much credence in any of them. Typically the team that's most physical, and turns the ball over less wins.

Agreed! may the best team win. Proud to be a Montanan either way and take part in this amazing tradition. All my friends are cat fans, we've been throwing trash talk around all in good fun. I apologize in advance for idiot Griz fans, and I forgive idiot cat fans in advance as well. some people take it way too far. Going to be the first time in 10 years I'll miss the game. Good luck!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:12 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:07 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am
hilinegrizfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

Agreed! may the best team win. Proud to be a Montanan either way and take part in this amazing tradition. All my friends are cat fans, we've been throwing trash talk around all in good fun. I apologize in advance for idiot Griz fans, and I forgive idiot cat fans in advance as well. some people take it way too far. Going to be the first time in 10 years I'll miss the game. Good luck!
You too man. It should be a great game. No need to apologize for fans. Every base has them. I'm more annoyed at the ones that act like the stupid crap doesn't happen everywhere. I already know there will be posts tomorrow or Sunday talking about how poorly they were treated in Bozeman. It sucks but it doesn't reflect on everyone.

Sorry you have to miss it. Hoping for a knockdown, drag-out fight!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:28 am

hilinegrizfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

EWU = UND (EWU beat UND but is staying home while UND still has a shot at the playoffs)
SEMO = Monmouth (Both of these teams play in bad conferences. Monmouth is getting the AB while SEMO beat SIU who might make the playoffs from the MVFC)
WIU = SD (Both pretty bad. WIU beat SD)
NAU = PSU (Both bad. NAU beat PSU)
SUU, NCU, CP = ISU and UI (Suck. suck. suck.)
SAC = SAC
UCD = UCD
UO = TT (obviously UO has had a better season but the gap wasn't really all that far at the beginning and FBS vs FCS doesn't really tell us much)

So obviously Weber is the one game that we can't match. I will give you a ton of credit for that game but we all know that wasn't a typical Weber game especially given how easily they beat SAC. I'm not making the argument that we have played as well as the Griz, I'm arguing that stats are relevant because the gap in our schedules isn't as much as some would make it sound.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

hilinegrizfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hilinegrizfan » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:38 am

technoCat wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:28 am
hilinegrizfan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:
iaafan wrote:
cats2506 wrote:

MSU wins every matchup

EWU = UND (EWU beat UND but is staying home while UND still has a shot at the playoffs)
SEMO = Monmouth (Both of these teams play in bad conferences. Monmouth is getting the AB while SEMO beat SIU who might make the playoffs from the MVFC)
WIU = SD (Both pretty bad. WIU beat SD)
NAU = PSU (Both bad. NAU beat PSU)
SUU, NCU, CP = ISU and UI (Suck. suck. suck.)
SAC = SAC
UCD = UCD
UO = TT (obviously UO has had a better season but the gap wasn't really all that far at the beginning and FBS vs FCS doesn't really tell us much)

So obviously Weber is the one game that we can't match. I will give you a ton of credit for that game but we all know that wasn't a typical Weber game especially given how easily they beat SAC. I'm not making the argument that we have played as well as the Griz, I'm arguing that stats are relevant because the gap in our schedules isn't as much as some would make it sound.
putting an = sign in between teams doesn't make it so. also you can't just say it wasn't a typical weber game given how easily they beat SAC. If that was valid I could say our game vs Sac wasn't typical griz given how easily we beat weber. I'm simply saying that stats aren't relevant to this game. who beat who by how much is also irrelevant. specifically for this game.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:51 pm

MSU——38
UM——17

Punters are people too!!

robgriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by robgriz » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:05 pm

FTG06' wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:34 am
robgriz wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:41 pm
catgradtimes2 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am
It's that time of year. The cats get their 4th straight in a beat down.

41-20
Interesting...not even close...but interesting
Well that’s like, your opinion man.

4-peat Cats: 31
Bobby’s lost children: 21
A ten point differential I can see. Either way. Almost 20 points? That’s just stupid

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Your fighting Bobcats 27, um 24

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Cats 28
other team 27

Cats lead by 7 in the 4th, other team scores late to tie it but the other teams coach elects to go for 2, and

THE BOBCATS HOLD! THE BOBCATS HOLD!

pjarvisB07
New Recruit

Post by pjarvisB07 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:55 am

Is the other teams run defense really that good? Or is it they have not played in close games causing other teams to pass? Would that not make certain stats be jaded? Asking for a friend.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:41 am

Bobcats 32
Grizzlies 27

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:27 am

Give the jizz credit for their win ove Weber last week. But what few realize is that Weber lost 3 of their best players in the 1st qtr of the game. The loss of these key Weber players was the primary reason for the lopsided score.

Today's Prediction: Coach 3Peat becomes Coach 4Peat

Augustus
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Augustus » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:30 am

It pains me to say this as I hate everything about Missoula...especially their Community College, but...

47-17 Griz.

Perhaps if everything clicks just right, everyone plays perfectly, and Choate stops with the cutesy rotating QB thing that is so obvious a middle school opponent could sniff it out, we stand a chance of keeping it close, but I don't see it. I expect we'll play this game like every other one and get beaten soundly.

Sorry, but we lose today. Big.

I hope I'm wrong, and I'll be cheering them on as usual.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 am

Augustus wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:30 am
It pains me to say this as I hate everything about Missoula...especially their Community College, but...

47-17 Griz.

Perhaps if everything clicks just right, everyone plays perfectly, and Choate stops with the cutesy rotating QB thing that is so obvious a middle school opponent could sniff it out, we stand a chance of keeping it close, but I don't see it. I expect we'll play this game like every other one and get beaten soundly.

Even if we lose you will be wrong. Not sure how anyone but a Griz fan could predict our D would give up that many points.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:44 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 am
Augustus wrote:

47-17 Griz.

Even if we lose you will be wrong. Not sure how anyone but a Griz fan could predict our D would give up that many points.
Yeah, we didn’t even give up that many to Texas Tech.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:52 am

Augustus wrote:

47-17 Griz.

LOL. You're pathetic bruh