MSU vs DumB predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU vs DumB predictions

Post by Montanabob » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Over under on griz unsportsmanlike penalties in this game is 6

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

ranco
New Recruit

Post by ranco » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm

The Cat's could win this game, but it would be a big upset. The Griz are a much better team this year and they have dominating wins over good teams, the same cannot be said for the Cats. The Griz run defense is the best in the Bigsky and getting better - if that continues it will be a long day for the Cats. If the Cats had a QB, the game would be close.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:58 pm

I never predict the score in this game but I think both defenses will play well and the winner will have 1 more big offensive play than the loser. I think Rovig is going to make a couple big plays.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:12 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:58 pm
I never predict the score in this game but I think both defenses will play well and the winner will have 1 more big offensive play than the loser. I think Rovig is going to make a couple big plays.
Rovig has a huge chance to be the X factor. If he screws up, MSU probably loses. If he does well, MSU probably wins. If he does neither, well, it’s back to square one.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:18 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:12 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Rovig has a huge chance to be the X factor. If he screws up, MSU probably loses. If he does well, MSU probably wins. If he does neither, well, it’s back to square one.
100% agree. It'll be harder for him to do well, but I think that might depend on how well he's protected by the RB's. If they pick up pressure and keep him relatively upright, he can have a good game.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:51 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:18 pm
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
100% agree. It'll be harder for him to do well, but I think that might depend on how well he's protected by the RB's. If they pick up pressure and keep him relatively upright, he can have a good game.
Average QB play has been the X-factor for MSU all season. Honestly, we've won half our games with below average QB play. Tucker is absolutely the biggest X-factor in this game. If he plays average (doesn't make mistakes and keeps his head), we have a good shot. If he plays above average (makes plays and exudes confidence throughout the game), MSU has a very good chance of winning this game going away.

UC Davis threw a lot at Tucker on defense. Tons of blitzes/disguised pressure and Tucker handled it relatively well (no big losses on sacks and made some good throws when under duress). He'll see that all day against UM. Will be a great opportunity for him to change the narrative on his career so far.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:30 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:51 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Average QB play has been the X-factor for MSU all season. Honestly, we've won half our games with below average QB play. Tucker is absolutely the biggest X-factor in this game. If he plays average (doesn't make mistakes and keeps his head), we have a good shot. If he plays above average (makes plays and exudes confidence throughout the game), MSU has a very good chance of winning this game going away.

UC Davis threw a lot at Tucker on defense. Tons of blitzes/disguised pressure and Tucker handled it relatively well (no big losses on sacks and made some good throws when under duress). He'll see that all day against UM. Will be a great opportunity for him to change the narrative on his career so far.
Davis game was really big for Rovig. Best game he's had all year, imo.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Yep. 10 of 15 passing for around 200 yards and no INTs or fumbles and I think the cats win.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:06 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Pass pro by RB's has been hit or miss all season. Either really good or really bad. It was the latter against UC Davis but Tucker found a way to hang in there.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:22 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Yep. 10 of 15 passing for around 200 yards and no INTs or fumbles and I think the cats win.
To date Rovig is 115-194 (59%) for 1324 yards (6.8 Y/Atmpt & 11.5Y/Comp) w 10-TD's & 4-Int's. He's averaging about 170 yards per game. Since um has the worst Pass Defense in the league it is certainly possibly for Rovigs numbers at the end of the day to be 66% for 200 yards w a TD & no picks.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:25 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:22 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
iaafan wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
To date Rovig is 115-194 (59%) for 1324 yards (6.8 Y/Atmpt & 11.5Y/Comp) w 10-TD's & 4-Int's. He's averaging about 170 yards per game. Since um has the worst Pass Defense in the league it is certainly possibly for Rovigs numbers at the end of the day to be 66% for 200 yards w a TD & no picks.
Kinda what I'm thinking, especially since he looks to be improving... definitely looked better against UCD. Honestly the defensive looks will dictate what we do on offense but I have no idea if the coaches have some type of metrics in mind... i.e. we need to pass at least 25 times in this game to keep a balance, etc. Probably not.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Gotta admit I never thought they would be 9-2 at this point. I have to give them credit. The coach, #11, #33, #37, and a bunch of their other numbers. They’ve got a lot of good numbers and staff members. Their stadium is good, so is their town. Good bars downtown for people who own cattle, communists, went to school in England and Native American train lovers (my old college roommates place).

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:47 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:40 pm
Gotta admit I never thought they would be 9-2 at this point. I have to give them credit. The coach, #11, #33, #37, and a bunch of their other numbers. They’ve got a lot of good numbers and staff members. Their stadium is good, so is their town. Good bars downtown for people who own cattle, communists, went to school in England and Native American train lovers (my old college roommates place).
Hauck, Sneed, Olson, Sims, WGS, Missoula, Stockmens, Reds, Oxford, Iron Horse.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:47 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Uhhh it's not a quiz, we're not speaking their names this week.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:04 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:01 am
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
#-o

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:04 am
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
#-o
LOL, just giving you a hard time. But I'm sure that was Tom's intention, to do his best Hauck imitation with that post.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:19 am
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
#-o
LOL, just giving you a hard time. But I'm sure that was Tom's intention, to do his best Hauck imitation with that post.
Go to the corner for a timeout. The person you named is to be referred to as the coach of the neighboring team.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:36 am

ranco wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 pm
The Cat's could win this game, but it would be a big upset. The Griz are a much better team this year and they have dominating wins over good teams, the same cannot be said for the Cats. The Griz run defense is the best in the Bigsky and getting better - if that continues it will be a long day for the Cats. If the Cats had a QB, the game would be close.
You keep telling yourself that. Frankly at this point in the season I'm glad the Bobcats are the underdogs. That will fuel the team even more. If Cats would have won that UND game like they should have, I believe the Cats would be slight favorites at home this weekend. So, Vegas says Griz 5 pt favorites, and that line has since moved to 7.5 as folks bet on the Griz. Yes the Griz have had some dominating wins over good teams, but they also GOT dominated by Sac State so there's that. Time to strap it on, it's going to be an epic brawl.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:00 am

rivercat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 am
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
#-o
Go to the corner for a timeout. The person you named is to be referred to as the coach of the neighboring team.
OOPS, and then I did it myself... #-o
Let me rephrase: I'm sure that was Tom's intention, to do his best imitation of the neighboring coach with that post.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:05 am

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:00 am
rivercat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:24 am
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
#-o
OOPS, and then I did it myself... #-o
Let me rephrase: I'm sure that was Tom's intention, to do his best imitation of the neighboring coach with that post.
=D^

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate