MSU vs DumB predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MSU vs DumB predictions

Post by Team10 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:16 am

It's the state of Montana's football holiday week. Everyone has been looking forward to this game, especially DumB fans since coughing up the ball on the goal line last year. Good thing is the Cats play well at home and they'll be in the friendly confines of Bobcat Stadium. The obnoxious griz fans are back with their constant chatter of Beavis Hack this and Beavis Hack that. The defense is absolutely gonna need to contain their qb. However, knowing he does like to run and when he does run he gets a little sloppy...throws interceptions and fumbles the ball (see last years game). That being said the secondary is gonna need to be on point and stay with their man and not let their receiver/te/rb sneak behind them allowing big plays. Safeties will absolutely have to take proper angles. That was the demise of Weber last weekend when two slants went for TDs when they should have been first downs at most. Sac's defense disrupted the DumB offense and didn't let up when Sac stomped them in Sacramento and I feel the Cats can do the same thing. As for the Bobcat offense, well, they are gonna go with a steady stream of run, run, run and more running the ball. The difference maker in the game is going to be which Rovig comes trotting out. Sure hope it's not the deer in the headlights look I saw in Jake Bleskins eyes in Missoula a few years back #-o . To keep the DumB defense honest, mostly their linebackers and safeties, when Andersen, Jonsen or Kassis takes snaps, one of them will need to throw the ball a couple times. Take a shot down field to let them know that we aren't afraid of throwing the ball especially if you want to stack the box with 8 or 9 guys. DumB will bring heavy pressure and blitzing to disrupt Rovig and a couple of quick bubble screens, WR screen plays will allow the Cats to move the ball. Both teams are gonna be beyond amp'd up for this game. The Bobcats will need to shutdown the first couple drives and not let them jump out to a quick lead if the Cats want to have the opportunity to drag them in to deep water.

Montana State Bobcats - 31
dark pink teddy bears - 30

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: MSU vs DumB predictions

Post by catgradtimes2 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am

It's that time of year. The cats get their 4th straight in a beat down.

41-20

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 am

The griz are playing as well as anyone, but I like where the Cats are at right now too.

As much as I’d like to see a dominant 3 TD margin, that hasn’t happened in YEARS.

I’ll go with 31-27 Cats. We’re sweating it out until the end, but ultimately make it 4 straight.
Last edited by Catsrgrood on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 am

No talkin bout it. Just get it done.

CATS 31- ummm-22

Have a wonderful day!!

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:13 am

The UM defense had one bad FCS game to a Sacramento State team that was firing on all cylinders (as we well remember). I had beers with a close friend who is a Grizzly season ticket holder and he said the defense is as good as they've been in a long time - he's not a fanboy, so I trust his judgement on this one. I see the Bobcats likely scoring under 28 points. Both teams are playing their best football of the year.

UM- 24
MSU- 20

I hope I'm wrong.

FTG_1984
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FTG_1984 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:16 am

coochorama42 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:13 am

UM- 24
MSU- 20

I hope I'm wrong.
You are.

Cats - 31
UMCC - 23

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:17 am

Cats 28
Griz 24

gonna be a battle!!! I am feeling really good about the Cats right now. LETS GO!!!!!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

msuhunter
Member # Retired

Post by msuhunter » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:22 am

As I said earlier in the year, this game doesn't concern me. At home, Cats will take care of business. The Sac St. game was a much bigger challenge, and the Cats lost in large part to stupid mistakes and questionable coaching decisions. We all saw how badly Sac beat down missoula community college. We largely lost because of fixable stupid mistakes. In watching that game, the community college lost because they physically got beat down. Physically, we kept with Sac.

Cats by 10-14, something like 27-17 or 30-16.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:22 am

Cats - 26
"Scary good" griz - 24

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

bcatfan1

Post by bcatfan1 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:30 am

I think this 1 is knock down drag out til the end, and a defensive score being the difference maker.

Cats 27
griz 24

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:34 am

msuhunter wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:22 am
As I said earlier in the year, this game doesn't concern me. At home, Cats will take care of business. The Sac St. game was a much bigger challenge, and the Cats lost in large part to stupid mistakes and questionable coaching decisions. We all saw how badly Sac beat down missoula community college. We largely lost because of fixable stupid mistakes. In watching that game, the community college lost because they physically got beat down. Physically, we kept with Sac.

Cats by 10-14, something like 27-17 or 30-16.
It certainly will by halftime. :wink:

Griz 31 Cats 17

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:38 am

This is not as close as people are thinking. We win going away regardless of how the first half looks, we win Cats 45, junior high teddies 22.

wapiti

Post by wapiti » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:40 am

Griz 24 Cats 28

I also predict TA will be used as a decoy for several plays.
We have become predictable with TA running the ball when he is in on offense. We will use that to our advantage in this game.

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:46 am

I hate this week. I hate reading all the griz are great posts and how bobby ball is back. I hate the arrogance of the average griz fan who has never been to missoula a day in their life but this week are all decked out. However, I do like how we are playing right now and I do like that we have them at home. I do believe it will be a good game and I like that. I like the fact that both teams have a lot to play for and more than likely both will be in the playoffs. With all that said, I believe this Bobcat TEAM is the better TEAM, I believe we are tougher, and I believe that we will win 28-20.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:08 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:46 am
I hate this week. I hate reading all the griz are great posts and how bobby ball is back. I hate the arrogance of the average griz fan who has never been to missoula a day in their life but this week are all decked out. However, I do like how we are playing right now and I do like that we have them at home. I do believe it will be a good game and I like that. I like the fact that both teams have a lot to play for and more than likely both will be in the playoffs. With all that said, I believe this Bobcat TEAM is the better TEAM, I believe we are tougher, and I believe that we will win 28-20.
Sorry Super, not calling you out here but why do people keep posting it this way? Is there any possibility in the universe that either team doesn't make the playoffs? I don't think there is.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Ugh this is a tough one. Both teams have been playing their best ball of the season coming in. What worries me is that the Griz partly dominated WSU because of injuries to their top two receivers and probably the best running back in the conference which put a lot of pressure on their "game-manager" qb. After watching how many players were hobbling around by the end of the Davis game, I think we might be in a similar boat. I think we will need another super-human effort out of TA and play with little to no mistakes to win this one.

The dline has to play out of their minds and take it to a improved Griz oline. Have to get after Sneed and make him uncomfortable. We cannot give up 80 yard scores on slants.

The oline has to be the MVP and get push against a pretty solid Griz run defense. Get receivers and tight ends involved and MM has to call the game of his life. Rovig needs to play with confidence and will probably have to convert some 3rd and longs to keeps the offense on the field so we can wear them out. If he has a similar line to last week, I think we have a decent chance at pulling the upset.

Every game in the last 20 years seems to either be a close Bobcat win or a blowout for the Griz. Gotta go with my heart on this one:
Cats 32
Griz 28

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm

So funny the difference in the two boards.

Per usual theirs is filled with over-confidence and predictions of huge blowouts. Not sure I’ve read even one that has the Cats within 10 points! They are already booking tickets to Frisco. I wish I was joking about that...

Here I’m reading about close wins and even losses. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. The Cats could certainly lose this game. Just so funny the differences between the fanbases.

I could only wish that their team overlooks us as much as their fans do. Unfortunately they won’t. Hauck is a good coach and will have them ready for a battle.

On our side I can assure you this team and this staff are very confident and will be ready to go!

Griz have put up 30+ In just about every fcs game they’ve played. They have a good offense. But I’m loving where our defense is right now.

Maybe I’ll change my mind as the week goes on, but I think this has the makings of another classic brawl.

Cats 27
Griz 24

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:22 pm

This is definitely going to be a good test for us. What concerns me is, the Griz d line has improved with some depth this year. The Griz run defense is much improved, they’ve shut down some good RBs that they’ve faced. Haven’t continued following Monmouth, but at the time when they faced each other their RB was one of the top backs in the nation, and they limited him to 40 some yards, and which was the same for Gilliam of UCD. And grant it Weber was dealing with injuries but they made it tough for their backs to get going. Their pass defense is definitely their weakness, which is why they struggled so much against Sac St, so idk if this will be another Cat/Griz game where we can just run it all game and wear them down this year.

MSUBRONCO

Post by MSUBRONCO » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Agree difference between the boards us huge.
Can we lose? Yes can we win? Yes
Going to come down to the 4th cats win 24-21

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:29 pm

Bobcats 32
griz 31

Our defense scores a TD, we finally find a 2-pt conversion play that works and the griz miss a FG with under 2:00 remaining.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!