2020 commitments (38) and offers

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2020 commitments (14) and offers

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:34 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:55 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:38 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:27 am
“Their dual-threat quarterback – Robison, who is a Montana State commit – is the biggest reason why they are in this position.”

Story ran yesterday after his “opportunity” tweet about Wazzu. I don’t see anything in the story about Wazzu. He still has MSU commit on his Twitter banner/bio.

Great story. Sounds like a bad ass. MSU has two very good QB recruits coming in Robison and Mellott.
If the story ran yesterday, then most likely the quotes came from days before.
That was me quoting the story. I wasn’t quoting a quote from the story.
?? I know...

I was responding to you saying that there was nothing about Washington State in the story. Just explaining the probable reason for that.
The reason there’s nothing about Washington State is he didn’t commit to Washington State. If he had it would be in this story and in every paper in the Seattle area. It isn’t because he had committed to them, but the author just didn’t know that.

He may have interviewed Robison last week, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t know or forgot to change one line in his story.
We go through this every year but offers from Power 5 schools (even if they are PWOs) are hard to turn down. However, kids do it every year as they would rather take the scholarship money. If Grady decides to decommit and go to Washington State, more power to him and I wish him luck. He knows the opportunity he has at MSU.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:57 am

I think Robison would have a legit shot at coming in and starting as a true freshman, which does not happen very often, at ANY school. Both because he appears to be extremely talented... and we all know the obvious struggles with the current QB's on the roster he would be competing against.

That is a pretty good selling point to a recruit that several schools might be after... And hey, there is always that outside chance, that just maybe he wants to come to MSU for academic reasons as well.... which is a crazy thought... Or the fact that Bozeman is a frickin awesome place to spend your college career.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Ryan with another long TD reception. He’s averaging about 30 yards per catch and 100 per game this season. He also caught a 12-yard TD, a ??-yarder and a 51-yard TD later in the game. Four TD catches, according to 406mtsports.com.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2020 commitments (15) and offers

Post by Cataholic » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 am

When does the early signing period start? Isn’t it coming up soon?

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 am
When does the early signing period start? Isn’t it coming up soon?
December 18

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:36 am

I forgot how good this class is.

It might be the best overall class Choate has had.

Robison, Parks, Brown, Reimer, Leighton, and Lenzy are all impact FCS players. Reimer has a very fun OL tape, recommend checking it out.

I had thought Parks reminded me of Konkol, but Vim was right, he's very similar to Jody Owens.

Brown is a dynamic WR. We don't have any player like him on the roster. To be honest, I'll be shocked if he makes it here. He eats up 10-15 yard cushions in the blink of an eye. I think Jaden Smith is his cousin? I think he could start year 1. He just has an element of speed we don't have on this team.

Robison will challenge to play next year. He reminds me so much of Prukop. He needs to learn to get the ball out quicker, but he has a live atm and very good athleticism. Perfect scheme fit. I'm hoping we get a transfer, and he can redshirt.

Lenzy is a good CB. Hasn't seemed to play there as much this year, they're using him on offense more, but CB is his money spot. Smart, technical player. Like him a lot.

Leighton has got a boot! And we should know by now that punters are very valuable.

I don't know a lot about the others. I love Ryan, but he's a late developer, and it's hard to evaluate against MT talent. I really like the future of him and Brown on the field at the same time. Good look keeping guys in the box with a big WR with wheels, and another that can run right past you! Need that speed!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:49 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:36 am

Robison, Parks, Brown, Reimer, Leighton, and Lenzy are all impact FCS players. Reimer has a very fun OL tape, recommend checking it out.

I had thought Parks reminded me of Konkol, but Vim was right, he's very similar to Jody Owens.

Brown is a dynamic WR. We don't have any player like him on the roster. To be honest, I'll be shocked if he makes it here. He eats up 10-15 yard cushions in the blink of an eye. I think Jaden Smith is his cousin? I think he could start year 1. He just has an element of speed we don't have on this team.

Robison will challenge to play next year. He reminds me so much of Prukop. He needs to learn to get the ball out quicker, but he has a live atm and very good athleticism. Perfect scheme fit. I'm hoping we get a transfer, and he can redshirt.

Lenzy is a good CB. Hasn't seemed to play there as much this year, they're using him on offense more, but CB is his money spot. Smart, technical player. Like him a lot.

Leighton has got a boot! And we should know by now that punters are very valuable.

I don't know a lot about the others. I love Ryan, but he's a late developer, and it's hard to evaluate against MT talent. I really like the future of him and Brown on the field at the same time. Good look keeping guys in the box with a big WR with wheels, and another that can run right past you! Need that speed!
I'll have that covered in January!

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:53 am

bobcat99 wrote:

Rush, Dear God....those kids have Mommas they have to go home too in on piece.
:lol: :lol:

I just watched the tape from this year that was put up 2 days ago. WOW. Love to see this kid in Blue and Gold.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:04 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:53 am
bobcat99 wrote:

Rush, Dear God....those kids have Mommas they have to go home too in on piece.
:lol: :lol:

I just watched the tape from this year that was put up 2 days ago. WOW. Love to see this kid in Blue and Gold.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:29 pm

bobcat99 wrote:

Mellott has really good speed, too. Might be a top 5 100-meter guy at AA state meet this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he's down around 11.0 this year after shaving 0.45 off his time from soph. to junior year. Might win the 400m.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 am

I hope we are giving this kid a look.

Punters are people too!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:32 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 am

The only visit I could see on his Twitter was to UM. He looks impressive on tape. I hope we are looking at him. Reminds me of Sulser.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 am

He's not currently being followed by any of the coaches so chances are pretty slim. He reminds of three of the RBs currently on the roster, 24, 28 and 29. If there's a school a RB would want to attend it's MSU with the number of carries each back is getting this season.

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:07 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:29 pm
bobcat99 wrote:

Mellott has really good speed, too. Might be a top 5 100-meter guy at AA state meet this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he's down around 11.0 this year after shaving 0.45 off his time from soph. to junior year. Might win the 400m.
If you get a chance to catch a Butte playoff game, you won’t be sorry. Mellott is pretty impressive and fun to watch.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 am

toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:38 pm

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:55 am

toM StUber

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 pm

I saw part of the Notre Dame versus Navy game today. There was a guy by the last name of Lenzy from Tigard high school that caught a touchdown pass and had crazy wheels. Wonder if this is Max’ brother?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 am

kwcat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 pm
I saw part of the Notre Dame versus Navy game today. There was a guy by the last name of Lenzy from Tigard high school that caught a touchdown pass and had crazy wheels. Wonder if this is Max’ brother?
Yes.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:48 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:39 am
kwcat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 pm
Yes.
Lenzy was injured and didn’t play last game. Not sure what the injury is or when it happened

toM StUber