WBB vs. Carroll

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

WBB vs. Carroll

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Just a reminder the game started at 11 a.m. It’s on PlutoTV. Bobcats really pushing the ball and forcing it inside. A little ragged, but their high motor is starting to pull away. Liberal substitutions. Tori Martell is now 5-5 on 3s this year. Looks like she is settling in.

Bobcat4Ever

Re: WBB vs. Carroll

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Well...it was on PlutoTV. PlutoTV all of a sudden went black, like someone tripped over a cable in the Brick. Grrr. The picture quality had been great.

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Pluto is out.....again!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm

I tweeted the big sky deputy who says they are in constant contact with PlutoTV during every game. We’ll see. It’s like they tripped a breaker or something. Instant black. I just always wonder if anyone sees these things when they happen. Even putting out a tweet would be cool. They are doing tweets during the game.

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Anybody have a score?

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Getting frustrating..... not like it’s new. Pluto has been poor since the agreement with the Big Sky. No accountability

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:31 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:05 pm
I tweeted the big sky deputy who says they are in constant contact with PlutoTV during every game. We’ll see. It’s like they tripped a breaker or something. Instant black. I just always wonder if anyone sees these things when they happen. Even putting out a tweet would be cool. They are doing tweets during the game.
Thanks for making contact with Big Sky conference. They need to hear from all of us who are frustrated and tired of these pitiful broadcasts.
I also contacted a number of people at MSU to let them know and try to light a fire under them. I encourage everyone to contact someone and cordially but firmly let them know that we are disappointed with the frequent poor service.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Oh wonderful, the game came back on with 3:06 to go in the 4th. Does anyone know for sure where the problem is and who to be contacting to get some meaningful improvement?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Here are some Twitter links to the conversation with Dan Satter. Sounds like he (or the ever-helpful Jon Casper) are the ones to contact. But we could keep this conversation going.

The picture was great and the MSU onscreen scoreboard even has a shot clock now! So that’s a positive. But like usual, something just had to go wrong.
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Good outing for the Bobcats!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:05 pm

The ‘Cats really lost their steam after halftime. Need to work on attacking that press. Oliana and Darien should be press-breakers. Congratulations to Kola Bad Bear for her first Bobcat score, and for leading the team with three assists! I think she is going to develop into an excellent player.

Go ‘Cats.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Could you give us an email to contact? It’s horrible. Nothing is ever perfect, but this isn’t even remotely adequate.
ESPNU would be a great option. I’d even pay the $4.99 per month. Pluto is just trash. It’s been years of feedback and the response has been the same from the Big Sky Conference.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm

@Catlady:
You can contact either or both of Dan Satter or Jon Kasper at the Big Sky office. Dan Satter because he responded to my initial tweet, and Jon Kasper because he has done a lot with Pluto in the past. I read through their staff directory — like everyone is a deputy or assistant commissioner or a director — and no one claims PlutoTV in their list of job duties. I would think there should be a point person if it’s truly as important as they say. Anyway you can send email to dsatter or jkasper at bigskyconf dot com. Please share replies on the board, okay? Maybe create a new thread.

Anyone and everyone can and should make their voices heard. MSU’s setup looks much better this year — if it would stay in the air.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:43 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks. What we have here is a failure to communicate. When I had online events that absolutely had to have Internet at MSU, I tried to let the network crew there know at least 2-3 weeks in advance. I know they were trying to take advantage of the Veteran’s Day holiday, but they were probably unaware of what got chopped off. They were very good about working around things, but they needed to be informed about such things.

BethanyCordell
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BethanyCordell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi everyone...

Super sorry about the stream; we honestly are not fully sure what happened yet but are actively investigating. We really value our partnership with PlutoTV and are in CONSTANT contact with them on the quality of our streams. It's crushing when they don't work well- regardless of where the issue is (human error happens on both sides of this ball).

Thanks for your patience, and please don't ever stop giving us feedback... positive or negative. That's how we get better.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:39 am

Hello BobcatNation,

Hope all is well.

I have updated both my website and the www.bobcatmagazines.com sites with lots of basketball including yesterday's Bobcat School Day... A very nice event full of energy provided by the players(The Ladies Bball team is excellent) and the young students from many Montana schools. Great great atmosphere!

https://fmfp-photo.photoshelter.com/gallery-list
www.bobcatmagazines.com

Cheers, Felix

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:04 pm

BethanyCordell wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Hi everyone...

Super sorry about the stream; we honestly are not fully sure what happened yet but are actively investigating. We really value our partnership with PlutoTV and are in CONSTANT contact with them on the quality of our streams. It's crushing when they don't work well- regardless of where the issue is (human error happens on both sides of this ball).

Thanks for your patience, and please don't ever stop giving us feedback... positive or negative. That's how we get better.

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Bethany, do they not listen? To be in constant contact, you would assume you would see improvement. The football feed has been horrible all season.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic