The Bobcat Outsider

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: The Bobcat Outsider

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:36 am

bob12 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:57 am
I hope you decide to keep us updated on the basketball team as well as your amazing videos about the football team. Your enthusiasm and articulation of all things MSU is contagious!! I appreciate everything you have been doing. Thank you!
Thanks so much @bob12!

To be honest, I had not planned on covering basketball. It just takes so much time to put this stuff together, but if there is a lot of interest in that, it’s something I’ll have to consider.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:38 am

grizgirl wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 am
Omg! Andersen is so fierce on that sack at 2:27! That’s beautiful footage.
Thanks @grizgirl! I was definitely lucky to be in the right place at the right time on that shot.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:09 am

Your video of Konkol’s fumble return clearly shows that Troy forced the fumble. Best video of that play.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:09 am
Your video of Konkol’s fumble return clearly shows that Troy forced the fumble. Best video of that play.
Thanks iaafan. Yeah, that's a good catch. He really got his hand in there. Didn't hurt that Josh Hill smacked him right after, but yeah, I'd credit Troy with that one.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:37 pm

out of curiousity-

looking at that fumble play with TA and Hill as an example. So hill got credit for the forced fumble. Do they ever go back after viewing video like this, and make adjustments to the stats?

Again, i'm just using this one as an example. But if there was a play where they got it wrong and gave the wrong player credit for something... would they update the game stats?

this fumble play might be a bit debatable, but to me it is pretty clear that TA caused that fumble... I wonder if they would change that in the game stats after looking over the game tape?

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:46 pm

I think without a doubt TA caused the fumble but if SH hadn't hit the receiver he would've most likely recovered his own fumble. Hill's hit did two things, it launched the ball away and took the receiver to the ground. Those two things took the receiver out of the recovery, and the rest is history.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:51 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:37 pm
out of curiousity-

looking at that fumble play with TA and Hill as an example. So hill got credit for the forced fumble. Do they ever go back after viewing video like this, and make adjustments to the stats?

Again, i'm just using this one as an example. But if there was a play where they got it wrong and gave the wrong player credit for something... would they update the game stats?

this fumble play might be a bit debatable, but to me it is pretty clear that TA caused that fumble... I wonder if they would change that in the game stats after looking over the game tape?
I don't know if this question is directed at me, but I have no idea.

Anyone else want to chime in?

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:54 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:51 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:37 pm
out of curiousity-

I don't know if this question is directed at me, but I have no idea.

Anyone else want to chime in?
ha. no it was more just me thinking out loud... directed at anyone that might know. no big deal.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 am

So, I should have mentioned that the Midweek Press Conference was delayed until tomorrow - In case you have been looking for that.

The good news is that it meant that I have been able to put together this week's episode of the Bobcat Outsider earlier than usual.

Here is my review of the Northern Colorado game along with a preview of the UC Davis game.

Thanks for watching!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:45 am

Well done! Look forward to these every week.

You are obviously a very level headed, knowledgeable bobcat fan. I am just imaging how this would go if it was run by some of the posters in here, who are not the most optimistic (to put it nicely)... “alright everyone, thanks for tuning in, this week I’m gonna tell you about why this team pisses me off!” Ha.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:01 am

Good show!!

Appreciate the info.

IMHO. I believe a good coach attains that level by recognizing their weaknesses and acting on those deficits by hiring assistant coaches who have complementary strengths.

All good leaders have this self awareness and act on it. Those who think they are the best at everything flush the whole entity they are responsible for down the sewer.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:48 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:45 am
Well done! Look forward to these every week.

You are obviously a very level headed, knowledgeable bobcat fan. I am just imaging how this would go if it was run by some of the posters in here, who are not the most optimistic (to put it nicely)... “alright everyone, thanks for tuning in, this week I’m gonna tell you about why this team pisses me off!” Ha.
Thanks mslacatfan!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am

77matcat wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:01 am
Good show!!

Appreciate the info.

IMHO. I believe a good coach attains that level by recognizing their weaknesses and acting on those deficits by hiring assistant coaches who have complementary strengths.

All good leaders have this self awareness and act on it. Those who think they are the best at everything flush the whole entity they are responsible for down the sewer.
Thanks 77matcat! I appreciate you weighing in. I think you make a good point.

As fans, I think sometimes it can be hard to see how well a coach is mitigating their own weaknesses from the outside, which is why I always think that judging a coach on specifics rather than the general quality of their record and program, while tempting, is shortsighted.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am

DriscollCat wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 am
So, I should have mentioned that the Midweek Press Conference was delayed until tomorrow - In case you have been looking for that.

The good news is that it meant that I have been able to put together this week's episode of the Bobcat Outsider earlier than usual.

Here is my review of the Northern Colorado game along with a preview of the UC Davis game.

Thanks for watching!

and here I was cussing you last night when I the presser wasn't uploaded. :lol:

Thanks for what you are doing, we enjoy the pressers and you outsider show

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:43 am

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 am
DriscollCat wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 am

Thanks for watching!

and here I was cussing you last night when I the presser wasn't uploaded. :lol:

Thanks for what you are doing, we enjoy the pressers and you outsider show
Haha, thanks 2506!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Thanks Driscoll, good stuff! Can someone post the Choate interview? Can't find it.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:03 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm
Thanks Driscoll, good stuff! Can someone post the Choate interview? Can't find it.
The upload just finished! It was pushed back a day because of some youth event held in the fieldhouse (along with Veterans' Day).

Here it is!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:10 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:03 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:44 pm
The upload just finished! It was pushed back a day because of some youth event held in the fieldhouse (along with Veterans' Day).

Here it is!

9:55 - 10:45 =D^

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 pm

:evil: I watched it. I could feel how he was trying to get inside my mind. In the past I would not have known it. The saner posters on the board have now alerted me to Choate trying to get inside all of our heads. :twisted:

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:57 pm

allcat wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 pm
:evil: I watched it. I could feel how he was trying to get inside my mind. In the past I would not have known it. The saner posters on the board have now alerted me to Choate trying to get inside all of our heads. :twisted:
I agree. Felt like he was playing mind games with everyone in the room that entire press conference...