Cat Griz Public Service Announcement

A place for Bobcat boosters, alumni and fans to connect with one another.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Cat Griz Public Service Announcement

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:44 am

:lol:

We all want tickets to this game. It is shaping up to be a great one like every other year. And every other year people try to sell these tickets for absurd prices to make a buck. Obviously, if you have the means and want to shell out $300, $400, $500+ a ticket by all means go right ahead! Enjoy the game.

For the rest of you with just normal amount of cash, don't get suckered in. Every year it's the same thing. Tickets start at Super Bowl prices. I wish I was lying but I checked about five years ago and I literally found Super Bowl tickets cheaper than what some clown was asking for Brawl tickets.

Tickets are going to start high. Very high a lot of times. As we get closer to the game they drop. The closer we get the more they drop. Obviously, some people can afford to be more patient than others! If you're traveling with a wife or kids or something you want the security of locking up the tickets. I get that. If you're looking for a single, and even a pair, the closer to kickoff the easier it is to get tickets.

Every single year that I've been paying attention for about the last 15 years, both in Bozeman and Missoula, I have found tickets for sale, for every reasonable prices. Think about it, these guys paid for these tickets somewhere. And while they had dreams of making $500 each, as kickoff nears what would they prefer to do? Not sell them at all and lose money or sell them for $100, $75, even $50 like I saw last year in Missoula and make a little.

This site and even Craigslist are fine for finding tickets. Craigslist will be stock full of people looking to make a fortune so wait it out. They get cheaper. And with all of the lame scammers out there, I'd ask to meet them in person to secure the transaction. I have done this a couple times over the years, found people who were attending the game and just had extras, and I walked away with tickets and they got some gameday drinking cash.

Finally, the last couple Brawls in Bozeman I have found myself with a couple extra tickets and just gave them away. Obviously I never know until very close to game time, but I might have some. If I do I'll post them here as I'll be at the stadium and will gladly meet to give them away.

Hope everyone finds their tickets and no one mortgages their homes to do so!

Go Cats! \:D/

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cat Griz Public Service Announcement

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:31 pm

I don't have a problem with people trying to make money on their tickets. If there's a buyer who wants to attend the game bad enough, they'll buy the tickets. If not, they won't. No biggie.

I'd probably be willing to stay home and watch on TV if somebody offered me enough money... In fact, if anybody wants to pay me $1000 for my 3 seats in 112 hit me up! Lol. I'm kidding, but that's about what it would take for me to miss the game. If I don't get my price then I'll attend the game. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:06 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:31 pm
I don't have a problem with people trying to make money on their tickets. If there's a buyer who wants to attend the game bad enough, they'll buy the tickets. If not, they won't. No biggie.

I'd probably be willing to stay home and watch on TV if somebody offered me enough money... In fact, if anybody wants to pay me $1000 for my 3 seats in 112 hit me up! Lol. I'm kidding, but that's about what it would take for me to miss the game. If I don't get my price then I'll attend the game. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO.
Nah, nothing wrong with that at all. If people have the money and wanna pay it by all means!

Mine was basically for people who maybe don't have the crazy money people ask for out of the gate, and think that is there only option. I would hate to see someone shell out $700 plus for a couple tickets thinking they had to when I've seen them for a fraction of that cost the weekend of the game.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:53 pm

Exactly why we go to the viewing party...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:08 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:06 pm
91catAlum wrote:

Nah, nothing wrong with that at all. If people have the money and wanna pay it by all means!

Mine was basically for people who maybe don't have the crazy money people ask for out of the gate, and think that is there only option. I would hate to see someone shell out $700 plus for a couple tickets thinking they had to when I've seen them for a fraction of that cost the weekend of the game.
I hear you. I agree it's smart to wait until the last week, prices will be down closer to face value.

I got to buy a couple extra tickets from MSU this year (they're already spoken for) and the final price with fees was $80.50 each! That's face value this year! I'd tell people that if you see tickets for around $100-ish or less, I would buy them. That is, if you want tickets in hand before you head to Bozeman.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:17 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:08 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I hear you. I agree it's smart to wait until the last week, prices will be down closer to face value.

I got to buy a couple extra tickets from MSU this year (they're already spoken for) and the final price with fees was $80.50 each! That's face value this year! I'd tell people that if you see tickets for around $100-ish or less, I would buy them. That is, if you want tickets in hand before you head to Bozeman.
Totally agree. This year and likely going forward $100-$125 or so a ticket isn't too crazy. When I see people asking $350-$375 a ticket I get annoyed. :lol:

Through our company this year we have a ton (30) and while I think they're all accounted for it never seems to fail that come gameday or the Friday before someone has something come up. If that's the case I like to give them away and hopefully make someone's day.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:28 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:17 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:08 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Totally agree. This year and likely going forward $100-$125 or so a ticket isn't too crazy. When I see people asking $350-$375 a ticket I get annoyed. :lol:

Through our company this year we have a ton (30) and while I think they're all accounted for it never seems to fail that come gameday or the Friday before someone has something come up. If that's the case I like to give them away and hopefully make someone's day.
That's really cool of you! Ya there's always a few available on gameday, especially if the weather gets nasty.