WBB Exhibition

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

WBB Exhibition

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:44 pm

Looking forward to the exhibition tonight. I want to see our defensive effort and who Binford starts tonight. We should be strong inside, but hoping for a better effort in our 3pt defense. The two things that worry me is rebounding and defense.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: WBB Exhibition

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:44 pm
Looking forward to the exhibition tonight. I want to see our defensive effort and who Binford starts tonight. We should be strong inside, but hoping for a better effort in our 3pt defense. The two things that worry me is rebounding and defense.
Looking forward to this as well.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:19 pm

I couldn't make it to this one. How'd we look?

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:39 pm

This team is definitely built around more size and a stronger inside game. It's hard to gauge after one exhibition game against a lower division team. The GNAC teams are pretty scrappy usually. My niece played for Alaska Anchorage so I followed the conference for a while.

NNU pressed and had a 5 pt lead after the first. Lady Cats started playing better D and got the inside game going. The outcome was never in doubt half way through the second.

Three freshman got significant playing time and will be contributors this season. Kola Bad Bear is the real deal. Athletic, smooth, competitive, sees the game well, and is 6'2". Glad she wears blue and gold.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 pm

I was disappointed...... was expecting better ball handling this season. Defense was adequate. Was expecting more from our transfer from North Dakota. I hope we we get it all together before Friday!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Freige hasn't played a game in 1.5 years so it will take a few games to knock off the rust. And it was the first game of the season so I'm not going to get to concerned over execution. The fact that they have an inside game which hasn't been there since Peyton graduated has me excited.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am

I have not been able to get on the board so here is my late thoughts.

I was worried that first quarter it was ugly as hell, but that is what NWN does they make the game as ugly as possible and get you frustrated and out of your game. The 2nd quarter was like a 180 degree turn. We need to get our ball handling down and get Fallyn Freije more involved, that a coaches problem and a Freije problem. Over all the Bobcat Women have a history of not looking so good in their first exhibition game of the season, I am not too worried, Binford has a way of working it out by conference.

Random Thoughts:

Bad Bear: I saw her play as a junior and thought at that time the Bobcats needed to land her, she looked really good. With her missing her senior year with an ACL I was expecting her to need some time to knock the rust off, and as deep as we are at the 4 & 5 it may take a while for her to make it into the rotation. Boy was I wrong! The way she played Monday. there was no hint of her injury last year, and she is 3 times the player I saw as Junior. She is agressive and has the talent to back it up. She could be a starter next year!

The freshman White and Jackson need to get a little bit more confidence their play, when that happens all those shots that rolled in and out will go down, but they are both talented players and the future of the program.

Freshman wing Kenzie Stumne did not play Monday and I would assume she is being redshirted. Junior point guard Ashley Van Sickle also did not play Monday. She could be a real valuable piece at the point guard spot, but has been nursing a variety of leg injuries for over a year. Not sure if she will be redshirted or just sitting out the game with an injury, but it might not be a bad idea for her to take a medical redshirt this year and just take a year off to get healthy.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:07 pm

Northwest Nazarine has a heck of a team and provided a very good test.

MSU is going to be fun to watch. I love the tandem of Darian White and Oly Squires.

Loved Kola Bad Bear. 12 points in her first outing. Lots of talent on this team. Blare and Madeline both look strong.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:27 pm

mslacat wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am
I have not been able to get on the board so here is my late thoughts.

I was worried that first quarter it was ugly as hell, but that is what NWN does they make the game as ugly as possible and get you frustrated and out of your game. The 2nd quarter was like a 180 degree turn. We need to get our ball handling down and get Fallyn Freije more involved, that a coaches problem and a Freije problem. Over all the Bobcat Women have a history of not looking so good in their first exhibition game of the season, I am not too worried, Binford has a way of working it out by conference.

Random Thoughts:

Bad Bear: I saw her play as a junior and thought at that time the Bobcats needed to land her, she looked really good. With her missing her senior year with an ACL I was expecting her to need some time to knock the rust off, and as deep as we are at the 4 & 5 it may take a while for her to make it into the rotation. Boy was I wrong! The way she played Monday. there was no hint of her injury last year, and she is 3 times the player I saw as Junior. She is agressive and has the talent to back it up. She could be a starter next year!

The freshman White and Jackson need to get a little bit more confidence their play, when that happens all those shots that rolled in and out will go down, but they are both talented players and the future of the program.

Freshman wing Kenzie Stumne did not play Monday and I would assume she is being redshirted. Junior point guard Ashley Van Sickle also did not play Monday. She could be a real valuable piece at the point guard spot, but has been nursing a variety of leg injuries for over a year. Not sure if she will be redshirted or just sitting out the game with an injury, but it might not be a bad idea for her to take a medical redshirt this year and just take a year off to get healthy.
We're going to need her this year. We don't handle ball pressure well unless Darian has it. Love Oliana but she's still a turnover machine :(

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz