Completion Percentage

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Completion Percentage

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:42 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:26 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:47 pm
I think we have reached a point with Rovig, where Choate and Miller are going to go back to Anderson more heavily. I bet we see a lot of TA on Saturday at QB. Just my guess.
You're kidding aren't you, I mean please tell me you're kidding. If your post was meant as a joke or sarcasm it's too old to be funny and it's run it's course. At least you said it was just a guess, but come on that's just crazy talk at this time.
:lol:

At this point I’ve just learned to embrace it. People will just never believe it’s possible that the coaches don’t see TA as a QB.

I’m convinced that Troy could have 25 tackles, 5 of them for a loss, 3 sacks, an interception; Rovig with 250 yards, 3 td’s and no turnovers, we win by 30, and we’d still have 10 posts about how we need TA at qb!

If you don’t embrace it you’ll go crazy.
Ok, so what about a game like @ UND, where they actually went to Troy to win the game for them? Which, by the way, he did until the ST disaster.

It isn't like the coaches don't still use him at QB. And the tougher the opponent, the more he's involved.
Yep I would never say otherwise. I’ve said since August that Rovig is our quarterback, but Troy is gonna get some touches on that side of the ball. His health more than anything dictates how much he plays and where.

Unlike some fans, this staff doesn’t believe that we MUST have TA at qb to win games. So I don’t see any reason hat he’d be getting way more snaps there Saturday simply because it’s a must win game.

Every game Troy is going to play the majority of his snaps where the coaches think he gives us the best chance to win. And what his health dictates.

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:45 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:42 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:26 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 pm
bobcatbob wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:47 pm
I think we have reached a point with Rovig, where Choate and Miller are going to go back to Anderson more heavily. I bet we see a lot of TA on Saturday at QB. Just my guess.
You're kidding aren't you, I mean please tell me you're kidding. If your post was meant as a joke or sarcasm it's too old to be funny and it's run it's course. At least you said it was just a guess, but come on that's just crazy talk at this time.
:lol:

At this point I’ve just learned to embrace it. People will just never believe it’s possible that the coaches don’t see TA as a QB.

I’m convinced that Troy could have 25 tackles, 5 of them for a loss, 3 sacks, an interception; Rovig with 250 yards, 3 td’s and no turnovers, we win by 30, and we’d still have 10 posts about how we need TA at qb!

If you don’t embrace it you’ll go crazy.
Ok, so what about a game like @ UND, where they actually went to Troy to win the game for them? Which, by the way, he did until the ST disaster.

It isn't like the coaches don't still use him at QB. And the tougher the opponent, the more he's involved.
Yep I would never say otherwise. I’ve said since August that Rovig is our quarterback, but Troy is gonna get some touches on that side of the ball. His health more than anything dictates how much he plays and where.

Unlike some fans, this staff doesn’t believe that we MUST have TA at qb to win games. So I don’t see any reason hat he’d be getting way more snaps there Saturday simply because it’s a must win game.

Every game Troy is going to play the majority of his snaps where the coaches think he gives us the best chance to win. And what his health dictates.
I misunderstood what you were saying then. This is essentially how I see it as well.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:10 pm

I don't see him needed anymore against UNC than against SUU. Kassis will probably have the same usage to run "that" package. If the d can hold them to under 20 we should cruise. If we are close late and look tight on O that all goes out the window I'm sure.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:15 pm

technoCat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:10 pm
I don't see him needed anymore against UNC than against SUU. Kassis will probably have the same usage to run "that" package. If the d can hold them to under 20 we should cruise. If we are close late and look tight on O that all goes out the window I'm sure.
Me too. This is an offense that has our tight end throwing td passes to our qb. They are looking to be unpredictable while getting the ball in playmakers hands no matter how.

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:21 pm

technoCat wrote:
And if they did need him against UNC, that would not bode well.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:23 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:21 pm
technoCat wrote:
And if they did need him against UNC, that would not bode well.
Totally! It would mean a total regression on offense. NC is not ND at home. Heck they probably aren't even WIU.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:59 pm

Speaking of completion percentage...the percentage this site completely loads has been a joke for more than a week. WTH is going on?!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:06 pm

UNC has a very good QB. They are not as dynamic as Sac or EWU or even NAU, bit they pose problems. Almost no rushing game.

2024 Resume dominance

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:06 pm
UNC has a very good QB. They are not as dynamic as Sac or EWU or even NAU, bit they pose problems. Almost no rushing game.
Tucker Rovig has a higher QBR than Jacob Knipp.

*throws lit match onto gasoline soaked pile and runs*

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:21 am

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am
Helcat72 wrote:

If you're referring to ESPN's proprietary rating, it's come under a lot of fire for being wildly inaccurate. Because it's proprietary, they don't share the formula so there's no way to know why a good QB's rating is low, or a bad QB's rating is high. This is why none of the major networks use QBR.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:11 am

Cledus wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:21 am
CelticCat wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am
Helcat72 wrote:

If you're referring to ESPN's proprietary rating, it's come under a lot of fire for being wildly inaccurate. Because it's proprietary, they don't share the formula so there's no way to know why a good QB's rating is low, or a bad QB's rating is high. This is why none of the major networks use QBR.
It's the QB Efficiency rating. I used the wrong abbreviation perhaps. It doesn't really matter, it was meant to be a joke anyway.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast