Impressive win?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Impressive win?

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Unlv was more impressive than MSU. That’s it though.

Their coach said MSU had the best front 7 he’s seen all year.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:10 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:59 pm

I don't understand how an FBS team beating then 56-23 (33 point margin) is a more impressive win. In what way?

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 pm

We haven’t put 4 quarters together, all 3 phases firing so no, not yet but took a step.

We have struggled to run ball and by this I mean we need Hosey or Infanse to establish a physical run game that we had with Infanse.

We will need one of those two backs down the stretch to keep from killing off Troy or Travis Jonsen, ... Logan Jones is too beat up for that consistent role.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:42 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:10 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:59 pm

I don't understand how an FBS team beating then 56-23 (33 point margin) is a more impressive win. In what way?
I don’t know. They were up 49-7 at one point. Held then to 46 rushing. No super short fields.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:32 pm

bpcats20 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 pm
We haven’t put 4 quarters together, all 3 phases firing so no, not yet but took a step.

We have struggled to run ball and by this I mean we need Hosey or Infanse to establish a physical run game that we had with Infanse.

We will need one of those two backs down the stretch to keep from killing off Troy or Travis Jonsen, ... Logan Jones is too beat up for that consistent role.
Agreed. The run game just isn't the same without Ifanse. A lot of runs on Saturday that went for 2 or 3 yards would have been 4 or 5 yarders if Ifanse is healthy are carrying the ball. I'm a Utah fan so I have watched a lot of Zach Moss, who will be an NFL back, and Ifanse is very similar in his running style and his ability to get YAC. Nobody takes either of them down with first contact, and you sure as hell can't arm tackle wither of them.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:46 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:32 pm
bpcats20 wrote:

Agreed. The run game just isn't the same without Ifanse. A lot of runs on Saturday that went for 2 or 3 yards would have been 4 or 5 yarders if Ifanse is healthy are carrying the ball. I'm a Utah fan so I have watched a lot of Zach Moss, who will be an NFL back, and Ifanse is very similar in his running style and his ability to get YAC. Nobody takes either of them down with first contact, and you sure as hell can't arm tackle wither of them.
I went to the Utah game against Arizona State & thought the exact same thing.

WSUWILDCAT

Post by WSUWILDCAT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:19 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:13 pm
No wonder SUU is 2-8, they've got a brutal schedule. Look at their tougher games:

#3 Weber beat them 29-14.
#4 South Dakota State beat SUU 43-7.
#9 Northern Iowa beat them 34-14.
#14 MSU beat them 42-7.
#29 UC Davis beat them 33-25.
UNLV beat them 56-23.

Honest question - Are any of these "impressive wins"? Which of the games above would you consider to be the "most impressive" if I forced you to pick one?

I'll pick two....SDSU and MSU.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GO WILDCATS

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm

So. Utah coach:
“The front seven is legit. We’ve played South Dakota State, we’ve played Northern Iowa, we’ve played Weber, that might’ve been the best front seven we’ve played all year. They’ve got a good outfit up there.”

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:29 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:46 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
bpcats20 wrote:

Hey we finally agree on something =D^

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm

bpcats20 wrote:

I have to think that, had the necessity been there, that MSU could've continue to put points on the board in the second half. I thought the defense continued to play well until the very end. The starting defensive unit has only allowed one TD -- on a trick play -- and one FG over the past nine quarters.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:53 pm

So funny listening to fans deciding if a win is impressive or not. Football isn’t easy. Winning isn’t easy. Winning in college isn’t easy. Every Saturday is different and good records, bad records, they still have athletes on scholarship and coaches getting paid to coach. They never had a shot Saturday. We dominated. A win in that manner is always impressive.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:01 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:29 pm
onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
bpcats20 wrote:

Our D & O-line remind me a lot of Utah too. If we could just get our hands on a Tyler Huntley type, we be a threat!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:20 pm

onceacat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:01 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
bpcats20 wrote:

Our D & O-line remind me a lot of Utah too. If we could just get our hands on a Tyler Huntley type, we be a threat!
Wouldn't that be the dream. We'd be National Title contenders without a doubt. Maybe Beltran is our Huntley :lol: Sorry about the shots guys.

NorthernPlains
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by NorthernPlains » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:21 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm
bpcats20 wrote:
We haven’t put 4 quarters together, all 3 phases firing so no, not yet but took a step. We have struggled to run ball and by this I mean we need Hosey or Infanse to establish a physical run game that we had with Infanse. We will need one of those two backs down the stretch to keep from killing off Troy or Travis Jonsen, ... Logan Jones is too beat up for that consistent role.
I have to think that, had the necessity been there, that MSU could've continue to put points on the board in the second half.

Certainly. The coaches were more concerned to get younger kids playing time than they were in scoring 80 points. They made the right choice.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:22 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:20 pm
onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
bpcats20 wrote:

Wouldn't that be the dream. We'd be National Title contenders without a doubt. Maybe Beltran is our Huntley :lol: Sorry about the shots guys.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

RobertoGato

Post by RobertoGato » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm

When you put 42 points on a conference opponent in a half, it's impressive. Only two other teams put up 42+ on SUU and they didn't do it in two quarters. If the Cats had wanted to do anything other than run the clock out in the 2nd half, they could have dropped 70+ on them.

7 points also matched their season low in scoring output. They scored 7 @ SDSU. But even in that game, their 7 points were scored in the first half when it was still somewhat a game. Their TD in Bozeman was straight up garbage time points in the most literal sense.

Southern Utah is a bad team, but that was a stomping. It was everything anyone could have expected out of the Cats in that spot.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:03 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:22 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:20 pm
onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
onceacat wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
bpcats20 wrote:

He was a 6-1 175 lb undersized (SHOT) recruit that took his HS team to the quarterfinals in the highest division of Florida football (SHOT) who was totally unrecruited by any Power 5 schools (SHOT) until Dennis Erickson (SHOT) saw something magical in him (SHOT)

:suds:

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:46 pm

bpcats20 wrote:

Ifanse. There is no "n" in there.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: