Sneed expected out vs. EWU

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Sneed expected out vs. EWU

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:10 pm

I was there. Och's got slammed hard on his back to the frozen turf and had to leave the game. He got hammered. Samson came in for a few series but I don't think he finished the game. The Griz were toast when they had to resort to Samson. I think Ochs came in to finish it up.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:08 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am
Cledus wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 am
iaafan wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:00 am
Cledus wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:53 pm
I wonder if this is like Gage Gubrud's injury in that it wasn't particularly serious, but it took so long to heal he missed the rest of his senior season.
Probably not. There are so many varieties and degrees of ankle sprains. Based on the photo I’d say he rolled it really bad at least. It’s pretty swollen and you can see bruising. I find it odd that he was on the sidelines standing with crutches. They should’ve had it elevated, especially when he had to sit in an airplane for a couple hours. You see that a lot though and he probably insisted on being on the sidelines.
I watched the replay and his ankle wasn't rolled inward, like a typical ankle injury. It bent outwards. I looked up a high ankle sprain last night and that's how the article I read described it. I'm not trying to diagnose his injury.

Maybe all he has is a bruise and sitting him out was a precaution. Maybe he does have the typical sprain we all think of and have probably had ourselves. But I can tell with certainty on that play his ankle bent outwards.
Yes, what you’re describing is a rolled ankle, which is the most common. You plant to change direction and roll it. This causes the ATFL to tear. How severely is the question. Sometimes it detaches the ligament from the bottom of fibula. Sometimes the tip of the fibula breaks. Typically the ATFL is torn and depending on the grade/degree of the tear the recovery can be anywhere from a week to 10-12 weeks.

The only evidence we have is that photo and it isn’t totally conclusive, but it appears swollen and bruised. Unless it just looks that way due to the lighting, then this tells me it’s more than just mild, grade 1 sprain. Hauck will never say one way or the other. There’s really no way to know until he steps back on the field.
Actually there’s a relatively new procedure for high ankle sprains called “tightrope” that allows for a faster recovery. I’m not saying Sneed has a high ankle sprain or that he’s having that done, but it’s a possibility.

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:50 pm

Oh well.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:34 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his foot out to catch himself from falling.

Griz offense could be in trouble without him.
That’s being kind. They can’t run and they can’t defend. Without the magic Sneed can provide, when he’s not turning the ball over, they’re going to have to play out of their minds to win games.

I wonder if their backup qb just automatically is garbage at the position like every other teams backup qb is. According to griz fans....
This aged well. You’re obviously such an expert. Go sugarcoat that cats loss some more. #-o

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:35 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.
This also aged well. Swing and a miss.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:13 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:35 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sneed will be playing Saturday, that's just booby trying to play games with eastern and their preparation. Their backup is not good despite what they tell themselves on egriz. If Sneed really is out you can put a fork in The griz.
I was wrong... Very impressed with their backup, what's his name?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:19 am

One things for sure, after a quiet week, the griz trolls will be back in full force this week...

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:34 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
That sucks, hopefully it's not anything serious. Looked like he jammed or twisted it when he stuck his foot out to catch himself from falling.

That’s being kind. They can’t run and they can’t defend. Without the magic Sneed can provide, when he’s not turning the ball over, they’re going to have to play out of their minds to win games.

I wonder if their backup qb just automatically is garbage at the position like every other teams backup qb is. According to griz fans....
This aged well. You’re obviously such an expert. Go sugarcoat that cats loss some more. #-o
:lol:
I’m sugar coating the cats loss? Lol. No I was pissed but went and had a great night with my wife and friends. Had an awesome dinner and then some unnecessary wine downtown. A life outside of trying to be right on message boards is amazing!

Am I supposed to feel bad that I thought the Griz would struggle without their starting qb? They looked good yesterday. It’s not the first time I’ve been wrong and won’t be the last but if for some reason you think I should be ashamed or something more power to ya! Being right on message boards isn’t exactly my claim to fame...

I also thought the Cats were going to win! You can’t begin to imagine my devastation that my predictions about football games didn’t come to fruition. Lol.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:43 am

seataccat wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:13 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:35 pm
seataccat wrote:
I was wrong... Very impressed with their backup, what's his name?
I can appreciate your saying that. Sorry don’t mean to be a total smart ass. There was just a lot of talk here from a lot of posters that the Griz could never win without sneed, and that was from posters who knew absolutely nothing about Cam Humphrey.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:46 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 am
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

I’m sugar coating the cats loss? Lol. No I was pissed but went and had a great night with my wife and friends. Had an awesome dinner and then some unnecessary wine downtown. A life outside of trying to be right on message boards is amazing!

Am I supposed to feel bad that I thought the Griz would struggle without their starting qb? They looked good yesterday. It’s not the first time I’ve been wrong and won’t be the last but if for some reason you think I should be ashamed or something more power to ya! Being right on message boards isn’t exactly my claim to fame...

I also thought the Cats were going to win! You can’t begin to imagine my devastation that my predictions about football games didn’t come to fruition. Lol.
Sorry I should know better than to come back and gloat, but I guess the way you were so adamant that “they can’t run” and “they can’t defend” and then a personal jab at Sneed on turnovers (when personal player attacks are not allowed in your eyes over here) made me really enjoy that karma. Glad you had a good night.

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Is that why you were here at 10 o'clock last Saturday reveling in the Griz loss and call them a one man team?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:46 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Sorry I should know better than to come back and gloat, but I guess the way you were so adamant that “they can’t run” and “they can’t defend” and then a personal jab at Sneed on turnovers (when personal player attacks are not allowed in your eyes over here) made me really enjoy that karma. Glad you had a good night.
Well I don’t think saying he turns the ball over a lot is a personal attack. But if it is than I guess that was a personal attack. I assumed it was kind of common knowledge that the one knock on the guy who I’ve said a lot is a gamer, is that he turns the ball over.

And was I wrong saying you can’t defend? Read egriz. Lol. Read your own posts on egriz. Everyone was knocking that defense.

I get how it works. Cats lost, griz won. Cat fans mad, griz fans happy. But I don’t think I said anything too crazy or too demeaning? :-k

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Is that why you were here at 10 o'clock last Saturday reveling in the Griz loss and call them a one man team?
ell last week my wife was out of town so I was home with the kids. I’m very embarrassed that some Saturday nights I have little to do.

I do revel in griz losses sometimes. Especially after a week of listening to their fans talking trash about the cats losing to Sac. So yes, that was nice.

Ideally I like being happy about cat wins, and not just griz losses. If we continue to play like yesterday griz losses may be all I have.

Appreciate you keeping up with my schedule though! Not even my wife knows what I was doing last Saturday so it actually makes me feel pretty good and important!

Nice win yesterday.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:03 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Hush now, there is no such thing as unnecessary wine. Especially a bottle of fine wine😀😀😀

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Htowngriz

Post by Htowngriz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:24 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

ell last week my wife was out of town so I was home with the kids. I’m very embarrassed that some Saturday nights I have little to do.

I do revel in griz losses sometimes. Especially after a week of listening to their fans talking trash about the cats losing to Sac. So yes, that was nice.

Ideally I like being happy about cat wins, and not just griz losses. If we continue to play like yesterday griz losses may be all I have.

Appreciate you keeping up with my schedule though! Not even my wife knows what I was doing last Saturday so it actually makes me feel pretty good and important!

Nice win yesterday.
I just find it funny when posters (yes, I know Griz fans do it as well) pull out the "I have better things to do than post about football on the internet" line. But it only seems to be used when things aren't going their team's way.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Htowngriz wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:24 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
91catAlum wrote:

Nice win yesterday.
I just find it funny when posters (yes, I know Griz fans do it as well) pull out the "I have better things to do than post about football on the internet" line. But it only seems to be used when things aren't going their team's way.
Well that really wasn’t the point of my post which is why I didn’t say that. I was pointing out that I definitely wasn’t sugar coating the loss because I didn’t say much of anything about the loss because I was doing other stuff. Today, I’m not doing other stuff so I’m posting about the loss. Really don’t think I sugar coated anything. Cats looked horrendous. Won’t keep me from supporting them no matter how frustrating it can be sometimes.

That was really my only point.