UM getting sued

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: UM getting sued

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:42 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:46 pm
Went to egriz to get their take on this. Strangely, I could not find one single post on this.
Probably because it happened over a year ago and the player served the mandated suspension per the code of conduct.
We’ve known about it since last year. It’s why Brown hasn’t sniffed the field. Many have asked why Brown isn’t playing or where he’s at (since he was a pretty big recruit, a Stitt recruit as well), well now they know. He hasn’t even been allowed to suit up this year.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:18 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:45 am
Correct Cataholic, sounds like felony assault charges to me.

This is the culture the school, administration, and community have accepted, just to win some football games
No doubt! You are so right! I mean those two players with a sketchy past who coach brought in and got busted selling drugs on campus, and then those back to back DUIs for the star RB (who was allowed to stick around and play) and then the player who knocked out the other player at a football party. Yep all crazy Griz stuff.

Oh my bad, that all happened here and all under Choate. I was so confused for a second!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 pm
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Went to egriz to get their take on this. Strangely, I could not find one single post on this.
Probably because it happened over a year ago and the player served the mandated suspension per the code of conduct.
We’ve known about it since last year. It’s why Brown hasn’t sniffed the field. Many have asked why Brown isn’t playing or where he’s at (since he was a pretty big recruit, a Stitt recruit as well), well now they know. He hasn’t even been allowed to suit up this year.
So why not just kick him off the team? Keeping him around sure seems like a tacit endorsement. Bobby said things were going to be different this time around. That is, if you believe him. Spoiler alert, nobody outside of Missoula believes Bobby is capable of acting in anyone’s interest but his own.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:18 pm
autocat wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:45 am
Correct Cataholic, sounds like felony assault charges to me.

This is the culture the school, administration, and community have accepted, just to win some football games
No doubt! You are so right! I mean those two players with a sketchy past who coach brought in and got busted selling drugs on campus, and then those back to back DUIs for the star RB (who was allowed to stick around and play) and then the player who knocked out the other player at a football party. Yep all crazy Griz stuff.

Oh my bad, that all happened here and all under Choate. I was so confused for a second!
#triggered

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:35 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
So why not just kick him off the team? Keeping him around sure seems like a tacit endorsement. Bobby said things were going to be different this time around. That is, if you believe him. Spoiler alert, nobody outside of Missoula believes Bobby is capable of acting in anyone’s interest but his own.
Fortunately or unfortunately, that decision does not lie with Hauck. That’s why UM created that code of conduct process so another situation like Pflugrad was involved in doesn’t happen. If that CoC was in place then, I think Pflugrad still has a job there.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Why didn’t Choate kick Nick Lasane off the team after back to back DUIs and arrests? Seems like a tacit endorsement.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:40 pm
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Why didn’t Choate kick Nick Lasane off the team after back to back DUIs and arrests? Seems like a tacit endorsement.
I suppose I would agree with you if LaSane had punched a guy in the face after being told to leave his house and then causing $25,000+ damage in reconstructive surgery. But that’s not what LaSane did.

That’s a pretty lame argument.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:49 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I don’t have an egriz account so I can’t search their website for Lorenzo Brown. However, I did use google and it appears that there was virtually no mention of this on egriz. A Sept posting mentions he was in a fight and might have been suspended, but otherwise, nobody knew about this:

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83488

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=83332

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=82596

https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?p=1393564

Despite what GA or Grizfnz says, this assault was not really known by the general public and appears to have been “swept under the rug”. If this suit was not filed, it could have easily been another incident under Hauck’s tenure that was kept quiet. And you can easily argue that this kid received special treatment with a 22 year payment plan of $100 per month.

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
I suppose I would agree with you if LaSane had punched a guy in the face after being told to leave his house and then causing $25,000+ damage in reconstructive surgery. But that’s not what LaSane did.

He did punch a guy out in a bar fight and got arrested. Before that he was arrested for a DUI, you know getting in a car and endangering the lives of people around him. I suppose all that’s okay?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:10 pm

I heard from a bunch lawyer friends of mine, who are diehard Griz fans, at church say that the guy has a really strong case and that the Griz should just fire Hauck and settle out of court.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:16 pm
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

He did punch a guy out in a bar fight and got arrested. Before that he was arrested for a DUI, you know getting in a car and endangering the lives of people around him. I suppose all that’s okay?
Aww what's the point. Back to ignore
Last edited by 91catAlum on Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Where did you see that he punched a guy out? All I've ever seen is he was involved in an altercation and arrested for obstructing a police officer by refusing to ID himself. That doesn't mean he punched (assaulted) anyone. I know you like to have fun and ruffle feathers on BN.com, but you need to be careful about what you say as it may defame someone. You're basically stating that he assaulted someone and to my knowledge there's no record of that. Typically if you punch someone in a situation where the police are called, you're charged with assault. Maybe he was, but I don't see anything that states that. LaSane did sit out the first four games of the next season, but I believe that was due to the DUIs and refusing to ID himself to the police, not because he assaulted/injured anyone.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:54 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:10 pm
I heard from a bunch lawyer friends of mine, who are diehard Griz fans, at church say that the guy has a really strong case and that the Griz should just fire Hauck and settle out of court.
Sounds like we hang with the same crowds. Sweet!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:01 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:44 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Where did you see that he punched a guy out? All I've ever seen is he was involved in an altercation and arrested for obstructing a police officer by refusing to ID himself. That doesn't mean he punched (assaulted) anyone. I know you like to have fun and ruffle feathers on BN.com, but you need to be careful about what you say as it may defame someone. You're basically stating that he assaulted someone and to my knowledge there's no record of that. Typically if you punch someone in a situation where the police are called, you're charged with assault. Maybe he was, but I don't see anything that states that. LaSane did sit out the first four games of the next season, but I believe that was due to the DUIs and refusing to ID himself to the police, not because he assaulted/injured anyone.
Are you saying he wasn’t involved in the fight? I was told he was for sure. If I’m not mistaken it was with a MSU hoops player. That person didn’t press charges so he wasn’t charged with an assault:

From Skyline:
“Eight Bozeman police officers responded to a report of a fight called in at 1 a.m. that Thursday night. During the course of the investigation, one male, LaSane, was arrested for obstructing a law enforcement officer by refusing to ID himself to the officers. He was transported to the GCDC and held on $355 bond.”

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:01 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:44 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cledus wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Are you saying he wasn’t involved in the fight? I was told he was for sure. If I’m not mistaken it was with a MSU hoops player. That person didn’t press charges so he wasn’t charged with an assault:

From Skyline:
“Eight Bozeman police officers responded to a report of a fight called in at 1 a.m. that Thursday night. During the course of the investigation, one male, LaSane, was arrested for obstructing a law enforcement officer by refusing to ID himself to the officers. He was transported to the GCDC and held on $355 bond.”
You were "told he was for sure?" So first, you stated, "He did punch a guy out in a bar fight and got arrested." Now, you're saying you were told that "for sure," which is ambiguous at best. Big difference in the tone of your statements there, which seem to be disintegrating. Why not give out what little information you have in the first place instead of trying to make it sound like something it's not. I get it, you like to come over here and put MSU in the worst possible light in any given situation, but try to keep in mind that real people with real lives are involved and you really should be careful not to say anything untrue that would cause anyone undue hardship down the road. Just the thought that you may have probably isn't worth it to you, is it? Maybe he did punch someone and what you're saying is correct, but if you don't have anything to substantiate that, then don't you feel better about yourself by making it clear that what you're saying is just hearsay?

toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:20 pm

I have GOT to get in with these Bobcat insiders that Grizaddict is so close to! They seem to have incredible inside information and for whatever reason want nothing more than to share it with Grizaddict. I can’t speak to the validity of almost any of it, but even so it’d be nice to have such classified info at your fingertips Day in and day out.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:20 pm
I have GOT to get in with these Bobcat insiders that Grizaddict is so close to! They seem to have incredible inside information and for whatever reason want nothing more than to share it with Grizaddict. I can’t speak to the validity of almost any of it, but even so it’d be nice to have such classified info at your fingertips Day in and day out.
Just find out what coffee shop he works at and find out when the insiders are showing up. It could also be a brewpub.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:44 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Just find out what coffee shop he works at and find out when the insiders are showing up. It could also be a brewpub.
A friend of a friend in church....

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:25 pm

allcat wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
GA is the barista with the long ponytail, unkempt beard and Griz tattoo next to the peace sign tattoo. What is truly amazing with him, is that he never even went to the school🤷‍♂️😳😂

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Just checked egriz on this and it’s really troubling. In what world is it okay to not leave someone’s house when told to. If I’m in someone’s home and they tell me to leave, I leave. I think that’s what most normal, even normal drunk people would do.

But let’s say I didn’t and then I got into an altercation with the home’s owner and it’s broken up. At that point, even if I’m drunk, I’m gone.

But let’s say I don’t leave and instead I come back and punch the owner in the face fracturing his upper jaw, knocking out a tooth and loosening several other teeth.

Is everyone cool with that?

In this day and age, this guy Brown is quite frankly lucky that he didn’t get shot.

Somehow these Griz fans don’t seem to care at all about right and wrong. Justice doesn’t apply to their football players.

They seem to expect that someone with bills piling up at a rate much faster than the money they were awarded shouldn’t be able to seek relief through appropriate legal channels.

I would think Brown would have to take out a loan and then pay the bank back for the medical bills. He shouldn’t be able to essentially borrow money from Willison and pay him back.

This isn’t a bloody nose. It’s a serious injury. The court didn’t give the victim restitution, it gave him another problem.