Golden Koozie

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Golden Koozie

Post by Common Cat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:09 pm

Hey Bobcat Fans,

This thread is for a Golden Koozie question submissions. Celtic and I record on Monday nights. If you want a chance of winning a Golden Koozie from the R&R Cat Cast, submit a question! For ease, you can leave it here in this thread that I will try to bump before each week's recording. You can also leave them via...

twitter: @RRCatCast
gmail: rrcatcast@gmail.com

Thanks!
#goldenkoozie

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Golden Koozie

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Semo is ranked 23rd. How tough are the teams we have played so far, and when do we hit the real test.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:33 pm

This year we are showing a tremendous level of conditioning and guys seem to be strong as ever, but it also seems like we are seeing a lot more of our guys getting hurt year after year. More-so then other big programs in the FCS in my opinion. We have upgraded at every aspect of this program from coaching on both sides of the ball, to adding Brittney Patera for nutrition with tremendous success. Again this is just my opinion, but what about strength and conditioning and Coach Willcox, a carry over from the previous staff.

Here’s my question, is Willcox getting our players properly prepared for the season and the punishment they will face or, it time to start looking for an upgrade in our strength and conditioning department to continue to move this program forward?

Image.
It’s spelled offense and defense

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:16 am

What's the status on Coy Steel?

Do you think Sac State is a bigger threat to us than Davis is at this point?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 am

Catbacker_1 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:33 pm
This year we are showing a tremendous level of conditioning and guys seem to be strong as ever, but it also seems like we are seeing a lot more of our guys getting hurt year after year. More-so then other big programs in the FCS in my opinion. We have upgraded at every aspect of this program from coaching on both sides of the ball, to adding Brittney Patera for nutrition with tremendous success. Again this is just my opinion, but what about strength and conditioning and Coach Willcox, a carry over from the previous staff.

Here’s my question, is Willcox getting our players properly prepared for the season and the punishment they will face or, it time to start looking for an upgrade in our strength and conditioning department to continue to move this program forward?
try using the argument that we have more injuries that anybody with EWU, they have been decimated

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:53 am

Catbacker_1 wrote:

Which of our injuries do you think could have been prevented with better/different strength and conditioning?

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:23 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 am
Catbacker_1 wrote:

try using the argument that we have more injuries that anybody with EWU, they have been decimated
If you are talking just this year, then I cannot make an argument. Any year a team can be decimated by injuries. I’m talking year after year.

Image.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Not sure there is a fan base out there more concerned with injuries than ours. It is a bigger topic than almost anything every season.

Some may not believe this, but all teams suffer all kinds of injuries at various degrees of seriousness every year. We’re are no different than anyone.

I think the only person more tired of hearing about injuries is Coach Choate!

Catbacker_1
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catbacker_1 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:51 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:53 am
Catbacker_1 wrote:

Which of our injuries do you think could have been prevented with better/different strength and conditioning?
I can’t answer that, I’m an engineer and have zero knowledge on physiology or kinesiology, but my thought process is when you get bigger and stronger it can come at the expense of flexibility. The reality is there is a lot more to it then this, and I do feel it’s an area we can improve on. It’s a thought I've had for years, I just wanted to put it out there.

Image.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Bump: Send them in before 8 pacific time.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:24 pm

Is Idaho a good team or a bad team... or both? #GoldenKoozie

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:08 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:24 pm
baddies

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:08 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:24 pm
baddies
:lol:

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:08 pm

Based on Choate’s interview today- almost sounds like Sacramento State is performing how Choate wishes our offense/ defense was- what is your take?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:12 am

We still started slow at poly. How does this play out with the remaining games. Do we really need better from the QB.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:33 pm

allcat wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:12 am
We still started slow at poly. How does this play out with the remaining games. Do we really need better from the QB.
My opinion. We tried to prove that we could pass against Cal poly from the get-go without establishing the run. I think they were trying to prove it could be a passing team and we ended up winning by running

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:47 pm

There was a big change in Defensive Coordinators from Gregorak to Ioane. What have you noticed is different schematically this year?

tdub

Post by tdub » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:00 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:47 pm
There was a big change in Defensive Coordinators from Gregorak to Ioane. What have you noticed is different schematically this year?
To expand on your question....specially on third downs. That was the biggest issues last year. They’d put teams in 3rd and long time and time again only to have the offense convert. This year they are getting off the field much more consistently.
Last edited by tdub on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm

tdub wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:00 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
To expand on your question....specially on third downs. That was the biggest issues last year. They’d put teams in 3rd and long time and time again only to have the offense convert. This year they are getting off the field much not consistently.
It didn't seem like that right away this year, but most definitely the last three or four weeks. Ioane seems to be growing into his role nicely. Next item on the checklist are the large chunks of yardage we're still wont to give up.

I thought Gregorak did a great job from where we were, but he clearly had his limitations. I'm not sure what Ioane's maximum upside and limitations are, but he's doing great so far.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:33 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
This is a great question!! If I was giving the koozie out this would get it!