Non Green Football Fields

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Non Green Football Fields

Post by Mr Lisle » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:54 am

There are currently 6 NCAA and 1 NAIA football programs with "school colors" football fields.
Maybe the Cats should look at one. Boise State is 124-9 (93%) at home since laying the blue field. Eastern Washington is 45-11 (80%) in the "inferno".

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Non Green Football Fields

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:21 am

No disrespect, but I really don't like this idea! I just feel like it's a gimmick along the lines of some crazy uniform. I think EWU would have an identical record with a green field. Boise State was the first to do it and I think they get the points for creativity and should keep it. I don't think EWU would ever get rid of it because it would be like admitting they made a mistake 10-12 years ago.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:16 am

No x 1,000,000. Good for BSU and they should keep it, everyone else should get rid of it and get back to green fields. They're ugly and gimmicky.

GO CATS GO!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:50 am

I think we should do clear blades of synthetic turf with fiberoptic lights inside of each blade. That way we can make the field whatever color we want, and could even have the yellow first down graphic on the field in real time.

The only down side is that we'd likely have to have all our games at night and dim down the stadium lighting.