2020 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

2020 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by mslacat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:53 am

Second Home football game of the season usually means the Bobcat Basketball's second big recruiting weekend of the year. I believe the men will have at least one recruit in today but probably not more than 1. Sprinkle has only one additional scholarship to offer until the fall. From just looking at who Sprinkle has been rumored to be recruiting this fall it has been primarily guard/wing who can shoot from deep. There has been some interest in some big men but the majority of them have been the too good to pass up, if we could get that lucky to sign them, category. We have a pretty young team with all but one of our big men either a freshman or sophomore. If there was on position we look thin at looking towards the future it would be the point guard spot, but I do not see more than 1 or 2 point guards we have (rumoured) to be interested in. Even the ones we have shown an interest in are more combo guard who can shoot and score. I would figure Sprinkle is looking for the best player he can get regardless of position, BUT it would not surprise me at all that whom ever we sign is also a shooter.

Binford's Women's team has 6 commitments and as of right now 6 scholarships to offer for 2020. Would not surprise me if they are still keeping an eye on the 2020 class but moving ahead to the 2021 class. A good number of the this and last years early commitments made unofficial visits to MSU during their junior year, so I would not be surprised if the women;s team had 1 or 2 2021 recruits in for unofficial visits.

To be honest it really appears the majority of MSI's 2020 recruiting if finished for the fall period. As always there may be a scholarship open up come spring but as of right now between the 2 programs we have only one open scholarship to fill, and this november we will sign at least 7 scholarships.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: 2020 Recruiting Rumors and Discussion

Post by mslacat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Danny Sprinkle offered a new 2021 recruit recently by the name of Trevon Brazile a 6-6 (and possibly still growing) wing forward from Parkvview High school in Missouri. Could not find any stats o him from last year with the exceotion that he was listed at 6-4 then. He is an athletic inside out player with a high basketball IQ (again that term. He started out as an interior player but has worked his game out to the permiter to be a solid 3 point shooter. I looked him up on the Missouri Prep-Hoops site but as of right now they have not listed their top 2021 prospects on their site.

Here is a quote from
Southwest Missouri Basketball
Missouri State: New Names to Know
June 8, 2019
Trevon Brazile, 6’6, G/F, 2021, Parkview. @trevonbrazile2

A long, rangy wing player, Brazile has terrific size and length and brings an inside-out game to the floor, He is a good defensive rebounder, can alter shots around the basket, but is quick enough to defend on the perimeter, At the offensive end of the floor he brings a calm demeanor to the floor and doesn’t try to do too much, content to let the game come to him. Brazile showed the ability to shoot from the outside and got to the basket effectively, especially in transition.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:53 pm

mslacat wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:01 pm
Danny Sprinkle offered a new 2021 recruit recently by the name of Trevon Brazile a 6-6 (and possibly still growing) wing forward from Parkvview High school in Missouri. Could not find any stats o him from last year with the exceotion that he was listed at 6-4 then. He is an athletic inside out player with a high basketball IQ (again that term. He started out as an interior player but has worked his game out to the permiter to be a solid 3 point shooter. I looked him up on the Missouri Prep-Hoops site but as of right now they have not listed their top 2021 prospects on their site.

Here is a quote from
Southwest Missouri Basketball
Missouri State: New Names to Know
June 8, 2019
Trevon Brazile, 6’6, G/F, 2021, Parkview. @trevonbrazile2

A long, rangy wing player, Brazile has terrific size and length and brings an inside-out game to the floor, He is a good defensive rebounder, can alter shots around the basket, but is quick enough to defend on the perimeter, At the offensive end of the floor he brings a calm demeanor to the floor and doesn’t try to do too much, content to let the game come to him. Brazile showed the ability to shoot from the outside and got to the basket effectively, especially in transition.
Thanks mslacat... Saw this on twitter but could find no info...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 am

This past week end had 2021 prospect Gavin Gilstrap of Central Valley high school in Spokane Washington in for an unofficial visit. Gilstrap is a 6-10 240lb center who as a sophomore averaged 5 points a game last year but is expected to have a big season this year. I am not sure if Gilstrap has been offered or not.
Prep Hoops -Washington
West Coast Recruiting: Undervalued Bigs
Posted On: 09/12/19 3:05 PM

Gavin Gilstrap 6’10 C Central Valley (WA) 2020 – Huge body. Gilstrap is a traditional post that is going to score off putbacks and direct post entries. I realize the game has changed, however winning basketball still comes down to protecting the rim and rebounding, Gilstrap is elite at both. Rare that players of this size are available at the D2 or lower level. With the right coach and the right system, Gilstrap could be a nice find.
Prep Hoops -Washington
2021 Bigs to Watch: Part 2
Posted On: 03/28/19 5:31 PM

2021 6’9 C Gavin Gilstrap, Eastern Washington Elite (Central Valley HS) – Gavin is a 6’9, 220 pound center with solid footwork. He clogs space on defense and he can finish inside with some skill. Continued work on his mobility and explosiveness will take his game to another level. Gavin will be on Eastern WA Elite’s 16u team.
Prep Hoops -Washington
Washington’s Class of 2021: The Class of BIGS
Posted On: 01/5/19 12:18 AM

2021 Gavin Gilstrap, 6’9, C, Central Valley HS- Gavin is a big-bodied 6’9 center that automatically catches your attention when he walks into the gym. He is around 230-plus pounds and rebounds the ball well. He is another prospect that is still growing into his body, but he has tools to work with that will make him a legit college prospect. His level of recruitment is still to be determined at this time.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:22 am

mslacat wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 am
This past week end had 2021 prospect Gavin Gilstrap of Central Valley high school in Spokane Washington in for an unofficial visit. Gilstrap is a 6-10 240lb center who as a sophomore averaged 5 points a game last year but is expected to have a big season this year. I am not sure if Gilstrap has been offered or not.
Prep Hoops -Washington
West Coast Recruiting: Undervalued Bigs
Posted On: 09/12/19 3:05 PM

Gavin Gilstrap 6’10 C Central Valley (WA) 2020 – Huge body. Gilstrap is a traditional post that is going to score off putbacks and direct post entries. I realize the game has changed, however winning basketball still comes down to protecting the rim and rebounding, Gilstrap is elite at both. Rare that players of this size are available at the D2 or lower level. With the right coach and the right system, Gilstrap could be a nice find.
Prep Hoops -Washington
2021 Bigs to Watch: Part 2
Posted On: 03/28/19 5:31 PM

2021 6’9 C Gavin Gilstrap, Eastern Washington Elite (Central Valley HS) – Gavin is a 6’9, 220 pound center with solid footwork. He clogs space on defense and he can finish inside with some skill. Continued work on his mobility and explosiveness will take his game to another level. Gavin will be on Eastern WA Elite’s 16u team.
Prep Hoops -Washington
Washington’s Class of 2021: The Class of BIGS
Posted On: 01/5/19 12:18 AM

2021 Gavin Gilstrap, 6’9, C, Central Valley HS- Gavin is a big-bodied 6’9 center that automatically catches your attention when he walks into the gym. He is around 230-plus pounds and rebounds the ball well. He is another prospect that is still growing into his body, but he has tools to work with that will make him a legit college prospect. His level of recruitment is still to be determined at this time.
Have seen him listed at 6' 10" , as if one inch makes a difference, but great size. Hopefully he can grow into his size, become a factor and sign with the CATS...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:50 am

Anyword on a starting five for the season? Any surprises out there? I wonder if anybody is watching practice and seeing who the guys stepping look to be?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:30 pm

It appears Danny Sprinkle and his coaches have offered another JC guard by the name Tucson Redding of Howard JC in Texas. Redding played his high school ball Overland high school in Aurora Colorado and graduated in 2018. Last year he played for a prep team in the State of Washington. He will be a freshman, elligablity wise, at Howard JC, but is elliable to sign with a D-1 school this spring and will have 3 years of elligablity there if he choses. His senior year at overland he averaged 14pts, 4rbs, and 3ast. I could find no stats for his year at prep school. Coming out of high school he had offeres from Idaho and Portland State and interest from Denver, Northern Colorado, Neraska. Northern Colorado and Abilene Christian. He reminds me a lot of current Bobcat newcomer Mycle Paulo in that he he can play PG SG or Wing. The major difference is that Redding is a shooter and is said to have a great mid-range game and deadly outside the three point range. Sprinkle likes his shooters. This time around The Bobcats are his first and only offer at this time. I hear the Bobcat coaches saw him playing for Howard in a preseason tournements the past two weekends Idesided to jump on him early.

Most of the scouting reports and video is from high school day at Overland. He has had two years to improve.

From his senior year
Colorado Sentinal
A-Town All-Stars 2018 (Team West): Tucson Redding, Overland
March 15th 2018
AURORA | A profile look at Overland senior Tucson Redding, who is set to play for Team West in the third A-Town All-Star Boys Game set for

TUCSON REDDING
School: Overland High School
Year: Senior
Height: 6-foot-2
2017-18 averages: 13.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.2 steals per game

Season highlights: Redding was part of the backcourt that provided the “engine” for coach Danny Fisher’s Overland team, which bounced back from a 1-7 start and went on to win the Centennial League championship and reach the Great 8 round of the Class 5A state playoffs. Redding was the Centennial League’s leading vote-getter in balloting of league coaches in the wake of a season in which he averaged a team-high 13.5 points per game in addition to pacing the Trailblazers with 3.0 assists, ranked second in steals 1.2 per game and third in rebounding 3.5 per contest.

Redding vs. Aurora teams: vs. Regis Jesuit (12 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists; 13 points, 4 assists, 2 steals); vs. Eaglecrest (22 points, 5 rebounds; 15 points); vs. Rangeview (16 points, 6 rebounds); vs. Smoky Hill (18 points; 6 points); vs. Cherokee Trail (12 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists; 3 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists); vs. Grandview (11 points, 4 rebounds; 14 points, 3 assists, 3 steals)
Junior year
Prep Hoops Colorado
Recruiting Report: Tucson Redding (2018)
6-5-17

Tucson Redding, a 6-2 point guard out of Overland, has made a dramatic transformation over the past year. It’s a rise that has taken him from a largely unheralded, under-the-radar player to one has received two Division I offers before even hitting his final July on the AAU circuit.

But if you think Redding is satisfied by what he’s achieved to this point, think again.

“I have to work harder to get more,” Redding said of his reaction to receiving offers from Portland State and Idaho. “It was a pretty good feeling, but it has just motivated me to work harder.”

Hard work has been a staple of the eye-popping improvements Redding has made in the past year. Redding has added “10 to 15 pounds of solid muscle,” building the type of frame that has had college coaches remarking that he is ready to play at the Division I level right now from a physical standpoint. Redding is up to 175 pounds on that 6-2 frame, having added mass without sacrificing any of the quickness that helps him get by defenders off the dribble.

A strong upper body helps Redding absorb and finish through contact, a trait he showed again and again while leading Overland to the Metro State Team Camp championship over the weekend.

Overland coach Danny Fisher has praised the work ethic of Redding, who Fisher says refuses to waste any opportunities to improve.

“I make sure I’m doing at least one thing every single day, whether it’s basketball or working out and lifting,” Redding said. “That’s helped a lot. I’m keeping a ball in my hand every day.”

Redding said he benefitted this spring from playing with The Force, the club team that also featured Overland teammates Lalou Oke, Daijon Smith and Goy Wang. The NY2LA circuit has offered strong competition and the exposure that has helped Redding gain increased attention from D-I programs. With three more live periods left, Redding is confident The Force has a big July in store.

“The spring was good,” Redding said. “The practices we had really made us better. We’ve been traveling a lot and in July we’ll be traveling a lot, so I’m pretty excited about it.”

Redding averaged 9.3 points, 3.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game as a junior last season for an Overland team that finished 13-11. Loaded with experienced seniors heading into the 2017-18 season, the Trailblazers could be a team that contends for a championship. Redding will be the catalyst.

“The job is not done yet,” Redding said. “I just have to get better every day.”
Redding Summer 2017

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:08 am

The Bobcats offered Malik Tidwell a 5-10 (I have seen him listed everywhere from 5-8 to 6-0) PG who is originally from Chicago but will be playing for Missouri State West Planes JC this year. During his junior at Marian HS in Chicago he averaged 17.6 points. 2.3 assists, 4.3 rebounds and shot 42 percent from beyond the three point arc. For his senior year he enrolled at Prolific Prep school in California Prolific Prep is a school that played a nation schedule and is regularly listed in the top ten national high school. For Prolific Prep Tidwell 8.7 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.5 assist per game (they have him listed him shooting over 50% from 3 but I think these stats are incomplete). He is what is known as a "Athletic Qualifier" in NCAA lingo that means has has already met the requirements to enroll in a D-1 school. He enters Missouri State West Planes JC as a freshman in eligibility an can sign with a D-1 program after this year and have 3 years of eligibility. He is a big time shooter and has also played the shooting guard spot. At 5-10 he has a running back body with 200 pounds of muscle. Montana State I believe is his first offer so far.
Prep Hoop Illinois
Prospect Spotlight: Malik Tidwell (2019)
1/27/18

Marian Catholic junior Malik Tidwell is a 5’9” combo guard that is mostly known for his scoring. The strong and compact guard can shoot the rock from three especially off the catch. Finishes with strength through contact at the rim. He can grab a defensive board, go the length of the floor, and convert at the rim. Tidwell has impressed us most with the growth in his passing this season. Best we have seen out of him in that aspect as he showed more point guard skills than we had seen in the past. D2 prospect at this stage.

How is his junior campaign going?

“The season is going well. We are learning from each other and playing as a team. I think I am doing pretty good. Scoring of course. Also distributing to my teammates. I am playing aggressive.”

Like we said above his passing has significantly improved since the summer. He is looking to showcase that part of his game for college coaches.

“I am trying to show people I am a point guard too. Most people think I am just a scorer, but I can also distribute and find teammates.”

What is his role on the team?

“I see my role being the closer. Put it in the basket. Being a leader and setting the tone.”

Nothing too much going on with recruiting at this point in the process. Would expect it to pick up more this summer. He ran with Meanstreets on the circuit last summer.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:53 am

The Bobcat Coaches offered 6-3 point guard Mike Hood the other day. Hood will play for College of Southern Idaho for the 2019-20 after playing for Mobery Area JC in Missouri last year (2018-19) where he came off the bench to average 4.3 point a game. Hood graduated from Shawnee Mission West high school in 2017 and he enrolled at Link Year Prep school the following year (2017-2018). At Shawnee Mission West he averaged 21 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists while at Link Year he averaged 14 points 4 assists 4 rebounds a game. I hate to sound like a broken record but Hood reputation is as a shooter, but he will use his shot to open up the lanes for drives. Montana State is his first offer this year but has had interest from Davidson, Austin Peay, San Francisco and Missouri State in the past.
Prep Hoops Kansas
Recruiting report: Mike Hood (2017)
2/11/17

Shawnee Mission West 2017 guard Mike Hood is putting together a big season and establishing himself as one of the Kansas City area’s top college prospects this season.

A combo guard that can shoot, get to the rim and score, Hood can also play the point and run a team as well.

He says he spent the offseason working on his game and conditioning and the hard work has paid off this season as he is averaging 20 points per game.

Shawnee Mission West is currently 6-6 this season and have a big game coming up on Tuesday against Olathe South.

“My high school team, we are starting to get it right,” Hood said. “We started the season off bad but we are getting there to be great and I’ve been playing pretty good so far.”

Hood currently doesn’t have any offers, but has drawn interest from several NCAA Division I mid-major programs. He says he plans to reclassify to 2018 and attend prep school, however.

A fan of Kyrie Irving, Hood says the biggest influence on his basketball career is his brother and my sister.

“They died when I was younger,” he said. “I’ve been loving basketball forever but I just wanna make it somewhere one day for them. I wear my brothers jersey number to remember him.”

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:01 am

Last week Coach Sprinkle four players. one of them I assume he would like to get a commit from to fill his last scholarship (until the spring) for this year. If you look at the four guys and even a couple other offers made in the last month they have a lot in common. All were JC's, All could play the point guard spot (either as their primary or secondary position) and all of them had the reputation deep 3 point shooters. It looks quite clear what Sprinkle is looking for with his last scholarship.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:35 am

The early signing period is a week away, it starts it starts Wednesday November 13th @ 7:00 EST and ends Wednesday 20th @ 11:59 PM. The men have two scholarships to offer due to graduation and it looks like they have filled both with 6-7 high school guard Tyler Patterson and 6-3ish JC combo guard Mike Hood. Danny is really high on Patterson, and I am told Sprinkles #1 recruiting target this fall. Patterson not only is a deep three point shooter but an excellent defender. Patterson could contribute as a freshman. Hood gives the Bobcats and athletic three point shooter as well as some back up at the point guard position. I would expect the coaches to sign these two, but who knows there may be a European they might pull out of their hat as a third recruit.

The women on the other hand is going to sign a huge class of at least 6 players, and it maybe one of their best recruiting classes ever. All together the Bobcat women will sign 5-8 guard Leia Beattie, 6-1 forward Lexi Deden, 5-10 guard Sydney Stensgard, 5-8 guard Ava Ranson, 6-2 forward Caitlyn Limardo, & 6-3 forward/center Taylor Janssen. Of the group Limardo is considered to be the biggest get for Binford. Limardo I have seen listed at between 6-2 and 6-3. She can shoot the deep three, or post up and plays shooting guard, small forward and power forward. Before committing to the Bobcats she had offers from UTEP, Nebraska, UNLV, Utah State and about a dozen other. Don't count out Beattie and Ranson both of these players have the chance to make an immediate impact. Stensgard is a little bit of a mystery to me. She has good stats, and said to be a deep 3point shooter, but I do not have a sense of her game. Janssen is the most intriguing player. She is listed at between 6-3 and 6-4. She is not the big bulky 6-4 center, and that is good because Binford hates them. She is more of a Marilyn Smith type player. Runs the floor extremely well, can score inside or out and has actually played both small forward and guard at times for her AAU team. Despite all this she was not all that heavily recruited.

So one week from today at this time you could see a lot of names of Future Bobcat basketball players rolled out.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:39 am

Hope everyone knows how incredibly close Sprinkle was to bringing this kid back to MSU. Washington State swooped in late.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:33 am

Start of the signing period today which will last for 8 days. Sprinkle will sign 2 being 6-7 guard Tyler Patterson and 6-3ish JC combo guard Mike Hood

Binford will sign 6 in 5-8 guard Leia Beattie, 6-1 forward Lexi Deden, 5-10 guard Sydney Stensgard, 5-8 guard Ava Ranson, 6-2 forward Caitlyn Limardo, & 6-3 forward/center Taylor Janssen

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Press release for the Women's signees. This is an outstanding Class!!

https://msubobcats.com/news/2019/11/13/ ... 20-21.aspx

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:21 pm

mslacat wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:30 pm
Press release for the Women's signees. This is an outstanding Class!!

https://msubobcats.com/news/2019/11/13/ ... 20-21.aspx
Really good class I think, maybe Binford's best. Ava Ranson is the pick of the litter, in my opinion, but they all look great. Potentially as impactful as the class that had Hommes, Stockton, and Ferris. Last year's is right up there too. This program is poised for some sustained success.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:26 pm

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:28 pm

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Last night on twitter two recruits were said to have been offered by the Bobcats. Both perimeter PLayers. One a recruit for this year and another for next year here is a little info on the first

Kam Woods is currently a senior at Pinson Valley high school in Bessemer Alabama. He is a 6-1 point guard who is an absolute stat monster. As a junior he averaged 26 points 4.8 assists, 4.6 rebounds 2.8 steals and was named Alabama's 4A Boys Basketball Player of the year. Coming into his senior season he was named as on the top 4 candidates to win Alabama's Mister basketball award this year. Through 8 games this year he AVERAGING 39 points, 6 assist, 4 rebounds 3 steals while shooting 51% from the field and 47% from three point range. I read these stats on MaxPreps and thought there was an error someplace. I could not find all of his box scores for this year but his high point total was 51 points I saw a couple 40+ games and in his last game he dipped a little down to 36 points. Prep Hoops Alabama preseason rankings had Kam as the 9th best prospect in the state. For his AAU team this summer he averaged 23.8 points a game He currently hold offers from Montana State, Jacksonville State and Troy (literally offer while I was typing this) and is said to have a dozen other school expressing an interest.

Peach Jam: Nightrydas 17s down Mac Irvin in pool-play opener
07/11/19
Kameron Woods (2020), Pinson Valley (Ala.)
The 6-foot Woods was one of three Nightrydas players to score at least 20 points. Woods drilled four 3-pointers and connected on 6-of-6 free-throw attempts en route to 20 points. He also had four assists. At the other end, Woods & Co. held Mac Irvin to 5-of-24 shooting from 3-point land.
Last edited by mslacat on Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Danny and his coaches also offered 2021 junior 6-5 SF Jalen Weaver of Smoky Hill HS in Aurora CO He is currently averaging 13 points 4 assists 6 rebounds 2 steal and 3 blocks a game thru 2 games this year. He holds offers from MSU & UMass. He currently is ranked 3rd in Colorado for 2021 recruits While Colorado, Colorado State U of Arizona, Denver & Northern Colorado showing interest.

Predicting All-Star Teams for the Centennial League
10/25/19
SF: Jalen Weaver – Smoky Hill – Jr.

Weaver is a player who has jumped on the scene and has not looked back. He is a player who has one of the calmest games that I have seen but demands so much attention that you look up and realize that he is dominating in every facet of the game. He has the size to take over on both sides of the floor with rebounds mixed it, he has the skillset to be a playmaker and get others involved but when he makes up his mind to score at will, consider it done. Weaver is the player that I feel should make the biggest leap this year but it all depends on his mindset and if he truly feels like taking over. Interesting year for the Buffaloes where he gets to take on whatever role it is he wants to. I have a feeling that it is the Weaver we got to see standout all summer as one of the MVPs of the offseason.

Class of 2021: Summer Superlatives
08/29/19
Best Overall Prospect/– Jalen Weaver – Billups Elite

Weaver went from a pretty good prospect to one of the state’s best in a matter of a few months. He had a successful sophomore season in which he put up some solid numbers, but with having to share the court with the Gatorade Player of the Year last season he had to take a bit of a back seat, but that is not to go without saying that Weaver was not a star in his own right. What Weaver did in the Spring as well as the summer catapulted him up the list and he also jumped onto the national radar as he is now ranked in the country. Weaver is as complete of a player as there is. He defends well with hard-nosed defense, has chase-down blocks and on the offensive end is a mismatch. He plays under control and the game slows down for him. He has great court vision, can knock down his shot defensively and creates for himself and others around the rim. His athleticism mixed with his IQ is what separates him and he has the size and skill to play 1-3. Weaver was this summer’s MVP and the expectations are high for him heading into a big junior campaign that should have plenty of Division I schools knocking on those Smoky Hill doors.

msu_agfan
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:03 am

mslacat wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 pm

07/11/19
Kameron Woods (2020), Pinson Valley (Ala.)
The 6-foot Woods was one of three Nightrydas players to score at least 20 points. Woods drilled four 3-pointers and connected on 6-of-6 free-throw attempts en route to 20 points. He also had four assists. At the other end, Woods & Co. held Mac Irvin to 5-of-24 shooting from 3-point land.
He seems like a perfect fit for what we will be needing. Dangerous as a point, just like Harry, since he can score from anywhere, both driving and set. Hope we see him next year.

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96