MSU vs WIU predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU vs WIU predictions

Post by catatac » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:52 pm
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:21 pm
technoCat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:24 pm
This game looks like a huge trap game. WIU is on the ropes. We're riding high. Its a crappy trip. We "should" dominate on the lines. I hope with our new culture our guys are taking it as serious as SEMO. We don't want to be the one's drug into deep water...

Maybe I'm just too used to disappointment after a big game given our last 20 years.
I'm with you and 2506 , after watching the Colorado Game , they still have some play makers. If we play like the
2nd and 4th quarters of Semo, it will be a ballgame. If we play like the 1st and 3rd of Semo, it won't be a problem.
I'm sure maintaining Mental Focus will be a big part of preparation this week. When this team puts together 4 good
quarters in a game , they will be dangerous for anyone in the FCS.
WIU has a lot of transfers this year, so if they're going to get good you'll see it on a weekly basis as they build chemistry and find their groove. Sounds like they made a jump from week 1 to week 2, so they could be a team on the move.

MSU looked very dynamic against SEMO, but they have a ways to go. As Choate mentioned, they have a lot of people to get the ball to, so it takes some time for everyone to get enough reps, so they can feel comfortable and in a rhythm. You could see that in the SEMO game. When they looked good, they looked extremely good, but when they didn't it was messy.

WIU could catch MSU on an upswing for the Leathernecks and downswing for the Bobcats. Early season games can go in so many directions. MSU needs to not have many more stretches like after the second drive to the end of the half vs. SEMO.
The Cats made significant improvement from game one to game 2, hopefully we see the same jump from game two to game three.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Your MONTANA State Fighting Bobcats = 55
WIU = 17

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
technoCat wrote:
This game looks like a huge trap game. WIU is on the ropes. We're riding high. Its a crappy trip. We "should" dominate on the lines. I hope with our new culture our guys are taking it as serious as SEMO. We don't want to be the one's drug into deep water...

Maybe I'm just too used to disappointment after a big game given our last 20 years.
I'm with you and 2506 , after watching the Colorado Game , they still have some play makers. If we play like the
2nd and 4th quarters of Semo, it will be a ballgame. If we play like the 1st and 3rd of Semo, it won't be a problem.
I'm sure maintaining Mental Focus will be a big part of preparation this week. When this team puts together 4 good
WIU has a lot of transfers this year, so if they're going to get good you'll see it on a weekly basis as they build chemistry and find their groove. Sounds like they made a jump from week 1 to week 2, so they could be a team on the move.

MSU looked very dynamic against SEMO, but they have a ways to go. As Choate mentioned, they have a lot of people to get the ball to, so it takes some time for everyone to get enough reps, so they can feel comfortable and in a rhythm. You could see that in the SEMO game. When they looked good, they looked extremely good, but when they didn't it was messy.

WIU could catch MSU on an upswing for the Leathernecks and downswing for the Bobcats. Early season games can go in so many directions. MSU needs to not have many more stretches like after the second drive to the end of the half vs. SEMO.
The Cats made significant improvement from game one to game 2, hopefully we see the same jump from game two to game three.
They probably did, but since they didn't want to show all their cards, it's hard to say how much. I think teams show the most improvement from game 1 to game 2 and that's sort of what MSU is doing this week considering its approach the first week.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:43 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
technoCat wrote:

They probably did, but since they didn't want to show all their cards, it's hard to say how much. I think teams show the most improvement from game 1 to game 2 and that's sort of what MSU is doing this week considering its approach the first week.
Yep, agree we didn't show a whole lot in terms of schemes but even fundamental football wasn't executed very well for a good part of the TT game, timing issues, missed blocks, POOR TACKLING, etc. Still saw a little of that against SEMO but way fewer mistakes IMO.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 am

TomCat88 wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
technoCat wrote:

I don’t know how much I agree with that game one to game two saying, but your spin on it rolling over to game two and three probably pleases a lot of people here. I think we’ll see the same WIU team that played CSU. Choate says they played hard to the end. I expect the same in their home opener.

MSU needs to not be that first half SEMO team. If they continue to do that they’ll end up 7-5. Until they do road games against perennially tough teams like the Leathernecks will be a problem.

WIU 17, MSU 13

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 am

:lol: If the Bobcats end up 7 and 5 I will eat my Bobcat hat hat...

MSU Bobcats 33

Tissue paper necks 20

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:01 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 am
TomCat88 wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
technoCat wrote:

I don’t know how much I agree with that game one to game two saying, but your spin on it rolling over to game two and three probably pleases a lot of people here. I think we’ll see the same WIU team that played CSU. Choate says they played hard to the end. I expect the same in their home opener.

MSU needs to not be that first half SEMO team. If they continue to do that they’ll end up 7-5. Until they do road games against perennially tough teams like the Leathernecks will be a problem.

WIU 17, MSU 13
No disdrespect to you or WIU, but the Leathernecks have 3 winning seasons since 2011 and were .500 at home in the same time frame. To me, thats not strong enough numbers to make the guess that they will beat us, especially since they haven't proved they are any better than last year. Neither is the the fact that the stadium is a pain to get to. I'm assuming that this is all coach speak. Its time for the Cat to go out and beat teams like this. I think this is the year that that the culture has officially changed, and the Cats will win. I think they will look to make a statement. For the record, I'm not saying it will be easy.

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 am

iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
technoCat wrote:

WIU 17, MSU 13
LOL. You might have the WIU score correct but MSU is only going to score 13 points with that O Line and loaded talent at the skill positions? I would be absolutely shocked if we don't score 30. Literally, TA might score more than 13. :shock:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:04 am
iaafan wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
catatac wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
Buckaroo Bonzi wrote:
technoCat wrote:

WIU 17, MSU 13
LOL. You might have the WIU score correct but MSU is only going to score 13 points with that O Line and loaded talent at the skill positions? I would be absolutely shocked if we don't score 30. Literally, TA might score more than 13. :shock:
I'll echo this. I don't call out peoples predictions because we're all just guessing. I don't see the Cats losing this game at all. But if this team holds the Cats to 13 points we are not NEAR the team that I believe we are.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:51 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am
I'll echo this. I don't call out peoples predictions because we're all just guessing. I don't see the Cats losing this game at all. But if this team holds the Cats to 13 points we are not NEAR the team that I believe we are.
People are free to predict what they want, but I look at some of these and ask why? This isn't a few years ago when we played for a prize ,so being an accurate guesser meant something. Today? YAY! We lost by 3. I was right. YAY!

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:52 am

My prediction: PAIN!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:01 am

I got my reasons for picking against MSU. If you wanna know shoot me a PM.

The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by The Big Meowski » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:01 am
Crap, I PMed you. Maybe my ignorance is bliss though!

Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am

My prediction: This year's "Be Bold Wear Gold" game will be a hit (in spite of the loss to the Bobcats) and a new tradition for WIU will be born.

Here's what I'm referencing:
http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... 044#p28044

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:25 am

iaafan wrote:
I have my reasons for picking the Cats to win. But PLEASE don't PM me! :wink:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 pm

I got a bunch of PMs. My messages seem to not be going through. Let me know if you don’t get a response.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:30 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 pm
I got a bunch of PMs. My messages seem to not be going through. Let me know if you don’t get a response.
ha I was JUST going to ask if your inbox blew up.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:34 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:25 am
iaafan wrote:
I have my reasons for picking the Cats to win. But PLEASE don't PM me! :wink:
:lol:

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:30 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 pm
ha I was JUST going to ask if your inbox blew up.
Not too bad, but it looks like a bunch of my responses are in the outbox, so I’m wondering if they went through.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:38 pm

I got mine. I disagree with you, but fair enough.