Game Day Feedback

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Game Day Feedback

Post by AFCAT » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 am

Why does it take so long for the band to get to their seats in the end zone during the first quarter? I like the band and they contribute a lot to the game day atmosphere, but it takes them half the quarter to get seated.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 pm
Couldn't hear the ref. Southeast wind didn't help I suppose.
That can be put on the shoulders of the GREAT crowd response to the game...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:23 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 am
Why does it take so long for the band to get to their seats in the end zone during the first quarter? I like the band and they contribute a lot to the game day atmosphere, but it takes them half the quarter to get seated.
My guess is the band is given a bit of a break to "attend to things" as they have by that time been active for a couple hours.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:28 am

Had a great time at the game. Winning was the biggest part of that enjoyment, but the horses leading the team out and the band were big pieces also.

I couldn’t find a program. Assume we ran out of them.

Thanks for you and your team’s efforts!!!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:31 am

Turn up the sound for everything. I am sure you get a few complaints during night games but it was not That late.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

BroncoCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BroncoCat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:44 am

I understand concessions lines get long, and I expect it.
While waiting 15 minutes in line, it would be nice to have the concession area TV's on the Bobcat Game so I can see what is happening.
Or even the radio broadcast over the concession area speakers.
To make this even more annoying, in the second quarter on Saturday all the concession TVs, in the endzoe at least, had the griz game on.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 am

BroncoCat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:44 am
While waiting 15 minutes in line, it would be nice to have the concession area TV's on the Bobcat Game so I can see what is happening.
To make this even more annoying, in the second quarter on Saturday all the concession TVs, in the endzoe at least, had the griz game on.
I agree with this. It would also be cool to have the audio broadcast in the restrooms when I'm running my kids to the restroom every 30 minutes.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:47 am
BroncoCat wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:44 am
I agree with this. It would also be cool to have the audio broadcast in the restrooms when I'm running my kids to the restroom every 30 minutes.
This is a great idea! It should not be very hard to implement with wireless technology today either.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:01 am

Can we make the "5 minutes until 3rd quarter kickoff" air-raid siren louder? Where I tailgate, I can't see the south scoreboard, and thus don't know how much time is left. I can't really hear the air raid siren either.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:16 am

Completed this off of Facebook. Really appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback and great job to all of the event staff!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:23 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 am
Its their "half time." By the time the game starts the band has already been in uniform and working for at least 2 hours. They use the facilities and get a quick snack if they need it.

Homecoming for the band is the toughest. They are up and dressed by 8 am for the parade then march in the parade get a quick lunch and are back to work the tailgates and pre-game.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:04 pm

They also marched the band off the field and they I saw them in front of the stadium.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:10 pm

4thecats wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:42 pm
Maybe I missed it, but usually they give updates from scores around the Big Sky. I don't believe I heard it during last week's game.
The did give updates, actually put all of the scores up on the big screen once which I don't remember seeing in the past so was pleasantly surprised and really liked that.
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:23 am
I'm an out-of-towner who makes it back for 1 game a year. I have nothing but praise for the work done by Bethany and crew and wish I could attend more games.

My only suggestion is for Cat/Griz weekend, it would be great to have an event Friday night. MSU B-Ball or a concert in the Brick would be fun.

Not simple, by any means, but it is Montana's Superbowl weekend :)
At least until we get our extra facilities in place I think this is a bad idea. The football offices right now basically become unusable during a concert or other large event being that they are just inside the main entrance and I believe it is difficult for the teams to get in to use the training rooms and such during events.

I remember several years ago when they had a concert night before (I think it was Zac Brown Band) hearing that the coaches were less than pleased with having something like that going the night before.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:23 am

It would be great to announce score updates for top 25 and Big Sky teams. It was always fun to hear the crowd boo or cheer when the griz score was announced. Not everyone is paying attention to reading the score board. At least announce Big Sky scores before 1/2 time and again at the end of the 3rd quarter.

My group totally loved Gold Rush, GREAT JOB!!!! Please never have it again on a Thursday!!! Saturday at 6:00 was perfect!!

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

RUACAT
New Recruit

Post by RUACAT » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Bring back the Best Seats in the House!

Bobcatstan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bobcatstan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Skydivers, flyovers

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 pm

I still want a crop duster flyover.
We are a land grant University!
Call MSU Alumni Bob Jones and I'm sure he will volunteer!

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AlfredEBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by AlfredEBobcat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 am

Maybe in additio to a 5 minute warning before 2nd half kickoff would be to have small versions of clocks synced to the stadium clock at each corner outside the stadium and at an high point (stadium rim?) that was easily visible from a distance.. Then people.could.gauge their own pace for coming back into the stadium.

AlfredEBobcat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 am

AlfredEBobcat wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 am
Maybe in additio to a 5 minute warning before 2nd half kickoff would be to have small versions of clocks synced to the stadium clock at each corner outside the stadium and at an high point (stadium rim?) that was easily visible from a distance.. Then people.could.gauge their own pace for coming back into the stadium.
Good idea....or maybe have the clock built into an app so you can just check your phone.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:08 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 am
AlfredEBobcat wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 am
Good idea....or maybe have the clock built into an app so you can just check your phone.
Great idea! Because it’s hard to set an alarm on an iPhone!!! :)