Bryce Sterk Big Sky Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Bryce Sterk Big Sky Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Post by RobertCats » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:16 am

Defensive end Bryce Sterk registered six tackles in the 38-17 victory over No. 12 Southeast Missouri State. Included in his tackles were a trio of sacks for a loss of 13 yards, as Montana State held SEMO to 245 yards and 12 first downs. Sterk’s 2.0 sacks per game rank second in the FCS through two weeks and his 2.0 tackles-for-loss per game is 15th in the FCS. He leads the Big Sky in both categories.
Last edited by RobertCats on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Re: Bryce Sterk Big Sky Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Post by RobertCats » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:21 am

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/9/9/fo ... ept-9.aspx
Offense: Josh Davis Weber State RB: 14 carries 129 yards 2 Tds, 5 catches for 35 yards
Defense: Sterk: 6 tackles, 3 sacks
Devon King UC Davis DB: 7 Tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF (game-saving tackle+forced fumble at the goal line)
Special Teams: Jerry Louie-McGee: 5 Punt Returns for 150 yards including 75 yarder for TD.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:29 am

Well deserved for 37, he has improved from last year, and last year he was a beast

Should be accolades for Troy, somehow; albeit unconventional for the modern game

If there were an 'MVP of the week' or '2-way POW' (which Troy would win every week)

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:48 am

JDoub wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:29 am
Well deserved for the real 37, he has improved from last year, and last year he was a beast

Should be accolades for Troy, somehow; albeit unconventional for the modern game

If there were an 'MVP of the week' or '2-way POW' (which Troy would win every week)
Fixed it for you. Of course I'm just going by the little sign he has on the intro.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:49 am

JDoub wrote:
Well deserved for 37, he has improved from last year, and last year he was a beast

Troy is not the best QB around. He is not likely the best RB in FCS. And he is not (yet) the best LB. But I think there is no question that he is easily the best “football” player in FCS. Unfortunately, I can’t think of very many awards, other than maybe the Heisman that get awarded for that.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:13 am

Sterk is finally learning how to use his hands. For all of his production/athleticism, he was still a raw player last year. Much improved now. Gotta love it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:25 am

I find myself just letting out a deep, primal "STERRRRRRRK!" multiple times a game. The dude is just a beast.

And "Still the real #37"

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:29 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:25 am
I find myself just letting out a deep, primal "STERRRRRRRK!" multiple times a game. The dude is just a beast.

And "Still the real #37"

ha! yup just about sums it up for me too.

I wonder how long it will be until they add him to the Buck Buchanan watch list...… he definitely deserves to be on there.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:45 am

JDoub wrote:

New Award ~ Buck Payton or Walter Buchanan , it's like he's playing High School ball out there . lol

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:50 pm

First of many I think! =D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Sterk is an animal, plain and simple.
Led the Big Sky with 8.5 sacks last year and already has 4 through 2 games this year against tough opponents. He should be well into the double digits this year for sacks.

This defense will be fun to watch this year.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:55 pm

It's also important to note that Sterk is playing a different position as well. I actually think Sterk is better suited at DE than at Buck. And all that is possibly by Marks' ability to move inside.

I think Amandre has played really sound football, and has done some nice things, but he hasn't had that big splash sequence/game yet.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:08 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:49 am
JDoub wrote:

Troy is not the best QB around. He is not likely the best RB in FCS. And he is not (yet) the best LB. But I think there is no question that he is easily the best “football” player in FCS. Unfortunately, I can’t think of very many awards, other than maybe the Heisman that get awarded for that.
I am starting to think that he is one of the best RB in FCS today. His runs were absolute things of beauty. Give him a hole and he shifts into top gear with one step. He even put a juke step on the DE to set him up and then cut upfield for a huge gain this game. I have not seen him do this in the past. He has always been a straight line runner but he looked like he had developed more capabilities this weekend.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:08 pm
HelenaCat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:49 am
JDoub wrote:

I am starting to think that he is one of the best RB in FCS today. His runs were absolute things of beauty. Give him a hole and he shifts into top gear with one step. He even put a juke step on the DE to set him up and then cut upfield for a huge gain this game. I have not seen him do this in the past. He has always been a straight line runner but he looked like he had developed more capabilities this weekend.
Pretty impressive for an almost 240# guy...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:41 pm

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:55 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:55 pm
It's also important to note that Sterk is playing a different position as well. I actually think Sterk is better suited at DE than at Buck. And all that is possibly by Marks' ability to move inside.

I think Amandre has played really sound football, and has done some nice things, but he hasn't had that big splash sequence/game yet.
I was thinking that watching him play Saturday night, Sterk fits the mold for DE. Mark's had an impressive game to, the interior guys don't gets the stats, but he played well, love watching home grown talent.