Bobby's Seven Year Plan

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm
Anything to get his fanbase a boner

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Up 54-17 with less than a minute left and he punches in another score on North Alabama. What a d!ck, any coach with an ounce of integrity takes a knee there.

UpperBlue
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by UpperBlue » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:09 am

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:55 pm
Up 54-17 with less than a minute left and he punches in another score on North Alabama. What a d!ck, any coach with an ounce of integrity takes a knee there.
I would agree with that, but weren't they playing second and third stringers? I don't think it's fair to those kids to ask them to not play. At a certain point it's on the defense to stop them. I'll say the same thing when O puts up 70+ against the Griz next week.

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:14 am

UpperBlue wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:09 am
RobertCats wrote:
I would agree with that, but weren't they playing second and third stringers? I don't think it's fair to those kids to ask them to not play. At a certain point it's on the defense to stop them. I'll say the same thing when O puts up 70+ against the Griz next week.
Well the Ducks put 77 up on Nevada so I hope they at least put up as many or more on the friz

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 pm

UpperBlue wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:09 am
RobertCats wrote:
Correct it was 2nd and 3rd stringers pretty much the entire 4th Q. They couldn’t stop them either. That’s on UNA and the defense at that point.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:19 am

I guess I didn't see anything bad or dickish by bh. He said, "time out no more questions about last year. I'm tired of talking about last year. We're well into this season". Did he say it strongly? Yes. Did he dress down the reporter? No. And then he changed directions and answered the next question pleasantly. Unless I need to watch more than I did and it came up again. And I'm not a fan of his.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 am

lutecat wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:19 am
I guess I didn't see anything bad or dickish by bh. He said, "time out no more questions about last year. I'm tired of talking about last year. We're well into this season". Did he say it strongly? Yes. Did he dress down the reporter? No. And then he changed directions and answered the next question pleasantly. Unless I need to watch more than I did and it came up again. And I'm not a fan of his.
I just found it funny that he has such a problem with such a harmless question. And knowing now, from a Kyle Sample tweeet, that he has last year's Cat griz game on continuous loop in their workout room for motivation, it just makes him look like a hypocritical idiot about moving on from last season.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:41 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 am
lutecat wrote:
I just found it funny that he has such a problem with such a harmless question. And knowing now, from a Kyle Sample tweeet, that he has last year's Cat griz game on continuous loop in their workout room for motivation, it just makes him look like a hypocritical idiot about moving on from last season.
I can totally understand his motivation but this sounds like obsession. He should probably be focusing on each week or there may be some unpleasant surprises...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:33 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:18 am
lutecat wrote:
Isn't obsessing about one game pretty much what most griz fans used to (and certainly some still do) accuse MSU fans of doing? My, how the tables have turned. I'm guessing that beating MSU isn't UM's ONLY goal, just as beating the griz was never the only goal at MSU, but funny how losing a few in a row can quickly change your perspective and scale the importance of that goal up the list a little bit. :-^

GO CATS GO!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Obsessing is worrying what we think makes booby look stupid every week. I only care what he says or does one week a year. These discussions are better on egriz, mostly because it makes adickto Fredo mad.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Toure, a Portland, Oregon native, was asked if he felt like he has something to prove against a Pac-12 school. Hauck interrupted with a resounding, “No.”

“No, I don’t think I have anything to prove to anyone,” Toure followed. “No one on the team does.”

Toure was probably just getting ready to say, "Yes! I'd really like to go in and show those big shot, Pac-12 guys a thing or two!" Instead he was like, "What? Who, me? Oh no! Nope! Nothing, nothing at all." :lol:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 pm
Toure, a Portland, Oregon native, was asked if he felt like he has something to prove against a Pac-12 school. Hauck interrupted with a resounding, “No.”

“No, I don’t think I have anything to prove to anyone,” Toure followed. “No one on the team does.”

Toure was probably just getting ready to say, "Yes! I'd really like to go in and show those big shot, Pac-12 guys a thing or two!" Instead he was like, "What? Who, me? Oh no! Nope! Nothing, nothing at all." :lol:
Don't those BH pressers just about put you to sleep, God they are boring. Bobby is just trying his best to be a dick and doesn't want to deal with the press, he looks like he would like to tell them all to f_off, the reporters are afraid to ask serious questions and the players act like they are scared ****** of Bobby. It makes me think that all is not well in fizzville.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:07 am

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:32 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Don't those BH pressers just about put you to sleep, God they are boring. Bobby is just trying his best to be a dick and doesn't want to deal with the press, he looks like he would like to tell them all to f_off, the reporters are afraid to ask serious questions and the players act like they are scared ****** of Bobby. It makes me think that all is not well in fizzville.
To me, that reinforces the notion in his mind he's the coaching equivalent of a mafia don.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 pm

If you're gonna act like Saban and Belichick, you damn well better coach like them too.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:17 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 pm
If you're gonna act like Saban and Belichick, you damn well better coach like them too.
Exactly. =D^