The Bobcat Outsider

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DriscollCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

The Bobcat Outsider

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:48 am

Hey Guys,

After a great fall camp where I was able to catch a lot of great audio and video from the interviews and press conferences for @Common Cat and @CelticCat and their podcast the R&R Cat Cast, I decided to branch out on my own and create the YouTube channel, "The Bobcat Outsider".

Originally I was using this as a place to put the audio and video that I was getting that wouldn't all make the cut for an episode of the Cat Cast, but now that we are into the swing of the season, I have decided to continue to share audio/video from team interviews and press conferences, but I will also add an episode where I share my thoughts on the Cats in light of the previous week's game and the week ahead.

One of the reasons that I decided to start this channel is because I already own a significant amount of quality audio and video equipment because of the YouTube channel my wife and I have, Adventures of Shane and Laura, where we share our adventures around Montana (and beyond). We invite you to check it out!

Without further ado, here is the inaugural episode of the Bobcat Outsider. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for checking it out!

DriscollCat

Re: The Bobcat Outsider

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:23 pm

For those of you who don't have time to watch the episode, but would still like to hear the audio, I have set up a podcast by the same name (the Bobcat Outsider).

You can find it here:

The Bobcat Outsider

It will be available on your preferred streaming platform shortly as well.
Last edited by DriscollCat on Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:30 pm

I thought you did a great job with this. Actually better than some of the folks who get paid for it. Liked your scouting report and your use of graphics

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:30 pm
I thought you did a great job with this. Actually better than some of the folks who get paid for it. Liked your scouting report and your use of graphics
Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate the positive feedback.

bozely
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bozely » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm

This was great! Thank you for doing this, it's an awesome addition to my subscription on YouTube.

A new era of football is here, UofM no longer will be the sole power in a much stronger Big Sky. ESG GCG

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:44 pm

bozely wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm
This was great! Thank you for doing this, it's an awesome addition to my subscription on YouTube.
Thank you bozely! that is very kind of you to say.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 pm

I listened to the podcast, you did a fabulous job Driscoll Cat! Solid preparation and analysis, easy to listen to, flows well. Looking forward to many more!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Well done Driscoll Cat! =D^

That's a lot of work to put in each week, but I for one will be listening in. Just a comment on your comments regarding not being as competitive with Texas Tech as we wanted to be. I too have to say that I would have liked to see the Cats hold Tech to one less TD and to score 2 times more. IF Coach Choate mailed this in, then there is no reason to even play an FBS opponent for the money because the kids will simply pick up the attitude that "this game doesn't matter...and we really don't need to compete to be a Cat"! Everything about that is antithetical to being a Bobcat, and I don't think Coach communicated that expectation to the kids.

That said, I didn't like the way his pre-game expectation talk went because it sure sounded like he was not really wanting to go take his shots in Lubbock. I remember when we did compete well with the FBS, and did in fact win against Colorado, almost beat Texas A&M etc....so my thoughts are to keep scheduling them, but "get better"...because only then will we #WinBig! =D^

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:54 pm

DriscollCat wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
For real though, you seem more comfortable in front of a camera and analyzing than most who do it as a profession. Maybe the Cats can get you in the booth as opposed to their one color guy who just struggles on levels beyond reasoning. With your audio/video capabilities you should think about doing some hype videos from a fan perspective with certain music/tracks.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:10 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 pm
I listened to the podcast, you did a fabulous job Driscoll Cat! Solid preparation and analysis, easy to listen to, flows well. Looking forward to many more!
Wow, thanks a bunch catAlum!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:13 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm
Well done Driscoll Cat! =D^

That's a lot of work to put in each week, but I for one will be listening in. Just a comment on your comments regarding not being as competitive with Texas Tech as we wanted to be. I too have to say that I would have liked to see the Cats hold Tech to one less TD and to score 2 times more. IF Coach Choate mailed this in, then there is no reason to even play an FBS opponent for the money because the kids will simply pick up the attitude that "this game doesn't matter...and we really don't need to compete to be a Cat"! Everything about that is antithetical to being a Bobcat, and I don't think Coach communicated that expectation to the kids.

That said, I didn't like the way his pre-game expectation talk went because it sure sounded like he was not really wanting to go take his shots in Lubbock. I remember when we did compete well with the FBS, and did in fact win against Colorado, almost beat Texas A&M etc....so my thoughts are to keep scheduling them, but "get better"...because only then will we #WinBig! =D^
Thanks catsrback!

I appreciate you sharing your perspective too.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:54 pm
DriscollCat wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
For real though, you seem more comfortable in front of a camera and analyzing than most who do it as a profession. Maybe the Cats can get you in the booth as opposed to their one color guy who just struggles on levels beyond reasoning. With your audio/video capabilities you should think about doing some hype videos from a fan perspective with certain music/tracks.
Oh man, you’re going to give me a big head. I genuinely appreciate the kudos, but I have a lot of respect for the pros.

One thing I haven’t done a lot of is music licensing. I have used a service that licenses a whole block of songs, but they are mostly semi professional musicians and they are never songs fans would recognize (written mostly to be used in videos). That is a tough but to crack when you aren’t making any money from it.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:06 am

I agree Choate's pregame scouting report kind of came off like they were going down there for the money only, but I think the heat sort of had a lot to do with the final score.

If they would have kept up the fast pace for the whole game it really would have been ugly. I think they slowed down because they were getting tired too. I also noticed that Bowman was in the game with most first teamers well.into the 4th quarter.

I think we played hard, but the coaches substituted generously. He did it because he wants to build depth, and this year we have the players. All they need are REPS.

So he didn't mail it in, but used the game to measure his team against a P5 team. If winning came about along with that he would take it, but he isn't shedding any tears for not winning. He wanted to get out healthy, and have all his weapons ready for the FCS.

He said "we're gonna go down there and play our butts off and see what happens". Well he did and they did and he now knows a lot more about his players, and they know him well enough to know he's gonna put them in the best position he can to get seeded in the playoffs and go as far as possible.

If he didn't know his team like he does there may have been questions about what he said, but I think they are closer than that.

2024 Resume dominance

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:01 am

Thanks for sharing your response to the video Helcat!

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 am

Choate's Portion of the Post game presser is up! Sterk and Kassis to come tomorrow.

Check it out here:

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:42 am

DriscollCat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 am
Choate's Portion of the Post game presser is up! Sterk and Kassis to come tomorrow.

Check it out here:

Thanks for posting this so quickly! Fun to get the Coaches hot take right after the game. It was clear he was still in 'game mode'! :)

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:29 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:42 am
DriscollCat wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:01 am

Check it out here:

Thanks for posting this so quickly! Fun to get the Coaches hot take right after the game. It was clear he was still in 'game mode'! :)
Yeah, no problem !

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:33 am

Appreciate it! The radio broadcast totally flubbed the coaching commentary.

DriscollCat

Post by DriscollCat » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:24 am

Sterk and Kassis portions of the SEMO press conference are up.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:45 am

Good stuff Shane. Sound quality is awesome. Did SEMO coaches/players do postgame interviews?