Bobby's Seven Year Plan

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by WeedKillinCat » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Just call it the Seven Year Ache!!!! Cause that's what it'll be for the friz fans!!

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:20 pm

Anacomando wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:29 am
If you really analyze Hauck, you get at a minimum, a narcissist.
Interacting with him at times, I feel say it’s more insecurity and some personality disorder than narcissism. He’s odd and difficult to be around, which is both good at times and bad at times as a head coach. I thought he may have learned from his UNLV failure, but he’s doubling down on his obsession with MSU.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:54 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 pm
Iltc, I think it’s too early to make comparisons between the two Bobs and the fan base. One was given 3 years and didn’t produce much (even though he had a 21-14 record) and the other is just getting started. If by year 3 he isn’t getting the Griz to playoffs and making deep runs by year 4-5 then I fully expect he be held to the same high standard.
You’re a solid poster.
Uhhhh.... agree to disagree I guess.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:34 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:55 am
RickRund wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 am
RobertoGato wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 pm
This is pretty simple in my opinion.

It's normal for a new coach to lose players from the program after taking over and it's normal for a coach to need multiple years to build up a program into his vision.

These things were not weird in Choate's case and they aren't weird in Hauck's.

Initially, some Griz fans highlighted departures from the MSU program because that's what fans of rival teams do. Some Cats have done and will do the same.

But as Choate's tenure has lengthened, UM fans have developed a pretty obvious obsession with him for a pretty obvious reason: he keeps beating them. This is not extrapolating-- *a lot* of Griz fans spend *a lot* of time talking about Choate and finding bizarre reasons to criticize him, like dissecting and analyzing his press conferences.

It never ceases to amuse me that so many Griz fans talk about him-- a coach who has beat them three years in a row-- like he's a total buffoon. He can't tie his shoes, and yet they haven't found a way to beat him. It's hilarious.
Is he a good coach? Yes. Will he lead them back into the promised land... Those days just may be gone. This is not your mother's BSC. Things have changed.

But the egriz loyal, not all, cannot stop calling him Coach choke... Now that is amusing...
On egriz they spell choke C-h-o-a-k-e. On BN choke is spelled c-H-a-u-c-k. I spell it 0-22 — 29-25, which therefore means c-H-a-u-c-k is the appropriate spelling.
I just figured the spelling meant choke. An now maybe we should just say chauck like you suggested...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:54 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Iltc, I think it’s too early to make comparisons between the two Bobs and the fan base. One was given 3 years and didn’t produce much (even though he had a 21-14 record) and the other is just getting started. If by year 3 he isn’t getting the Griz to playoffs and making deep runs by year 4-5 then I fully expect he be held to the same high standard.
You’re a solid poster.
It’s clear now: “ilovethecats” is GA’s inside source who is close to the program...

Sorry, but I couldn’t resist. 🤷‍♂️

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:40 am

91catAlum wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
You’re a solid poster.
Yeah, I was thinking runny. Same thing though, but different texture.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:12 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 pm
91catAlum wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
You’re a solid poster.
It’s clear now: “ilovethecats” is GA’s inside source who is close to the program...

Sorry, but I couldn’t resist. 🤷‍♂️
That’s funny!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:19 am

For a program that doesn't care about MSU, or Choate, they sure spend an awful lot of time talking about us.

I get it though. I'd feel pretty ****** if we had a 22 point lead in our home stadium, and ended up losing to our most hated rivals. Especially after I'd talked about how their team isn't that good, the coach isn't very good, and they haven't had a real QB in 3 years. It would REALLY suck to lose to that team!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:35 pm

WeedKillinCat wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:53 pm
Just call it the Seven Year Ache!!!! Cause that's what it'll be for the friz fans!!
The itch for the friz fans is for another reason and may be cured by certain medications...

msubobcats@outlook.com

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:37 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:19 am
For a program that doesn't care about MSU, or Choate, they sure spend an awful lot of time talking about us.

I get it though. I'd feel pretty ****** if we had a 22 point lead in our home stadium, and ended up losing to our most hated rivals. Especially after I'd talked about how their team isn't that good, the coach isn't very good, and they haven't had a real QB in 3 years. It would REALLY suck to lose to that team!
The loss to Portland also hurt..... A LOT.

msubobcats@outlook.com

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:40 pm

This is pretty amazing. Bobby still hasn’t learned how to deal with the press. Amazing that an arrogant guy who burnt so many bridges the first time, still hasn’t learned from his past.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.p ... d&start=20

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:40 pm
This is pretty amazing. Bobby still hasn’t learned how to deal with the press. Amazing that an arrogant guy who burnt so many bridges the first time, still hasn’t learned from his past.

Bobby's a dumb ass. Most press conferences you can barely hear the any of the questions. The point is somebody asked a question you can just start talking and say whatever you want. If it's a stupid question doesn't mean you can't have a smart answer.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:30 am

Rich K wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 pm
Cataholic wrote:

Bobby's a dumb ass. Most press conferences you can barely hear the any of the questions. The point is somebody asked a question you can just start talking and say whatever you want. If it's a stupid question doesn't mean you can't have a smart answer.
The plot thickens in Missoula. Sportswriter Kyle Sample posted on egriz that the reporter question was legit. Basically Bobby was just being a dick in how he handled the question. If Bobby has a losing season, it will be a huge dumpster fire over there regardless of a seven year plan.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 am

Rich K wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Yeah, we see that all the time with coaches (and politicians) he could have said "Well its great to be playing at home again, we love playing in front of our fans in a full staduim"
His disdain for the press is his biggest downfall, with all that has happened in Missoula since his first go around there he needs the press to give him some help and shouldn't be alienating them.
Its gonna be fun to watch :unsure:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:03 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 am
Rich K wrote:
Cataholic wrote:

Yeah, we see that all the time with coaches (and politicians) he could have said "Well its great to be playing at home again, we love playing in front of our fans in a full staduim"
His disdain for the press is his biggest downfall, with all that has happened in Missoula since his first go around there he needs the press to give him some help and shouldn't be alienating them.
Its gonna be fun to watch :unsure:
How's the saying go? A tiger can't change his stripes. böbbè gonna böbbè.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:16 am

Pissing off the press must be part of his seven year plan. I’m beginning to understand why it’s going to take 7 years now.

Seriously, he should take that question as a compliment. If the media is asking about these kinds of details instead of why the running game sucks or why you can’t hold a lead at home, and why your QB has so many turnovers then things must be going well in the media’s eyes.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:19 pm

Cataholic wrote:

My take is that booby is playing to his base. not only does he need to get his players believe the rtd schtick, but he needs his fan base to also believe. Because the griz fans hired him and booby knows they will fire him. The more he can be perceived as hating msu the more it will mask his shortcomings as a coach and his record if he doesn't improve.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 pm

hokeyfine wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:19 pm
Cataholic wrote:

My take is that booby is playing to his base. not only does he need to get his players believe the rtd schtick, but he needs his fan base to also believe. Because the griz fans hired him and booby knows they will fire him. The more he can be perceived as hating msu the more it will mask his shortcomings as a coach and his record if he doesn't improve.
I agree. It's evident on the thread about this over on egriz. Most poster over there are totally condoning his actions. Personally I'd be embarrassed if Choate ever did that but we don't have to worry about that with him. And while to me it comes off as petty, there is no question that Bobby's guys love playing for him. So I guess that is a positive.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm

You just can’t make this stuff up. He is such pure gold!

GO CATS GO!!!