Bobby's Seven Year Plan

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am

I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

It's almost as if it's changed over there... :-k

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bobby's Seven Year Plan

Post by Mr Lisle » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:14 am

I totally support Bobby with his 7 year plan. In fact he can take ten or even more.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 am

Mr Lisle wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:14 am
I totally support Bobby with his 7 year plan. In fact he can take ten or even more.
Hey I'm with you there! I just found the comparison to the Cats interesting. We had a guy preaching patience when he came on board and now bobby seems to be doing the same thing. We got blasted for it yet they seem fully behind his 7 year plan.

Just found it interesting is all. This is not the same grizzly program I grew up hating and that's ok by me!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 am

Fan interest is waning in Missoula hence the comments.

I question any coach commenting about another team other than the one they’re preparing for. If they lose that week, what are fans to think? “Hey we lost, but at least our coach got some jabs on some other team.”

I do like some back and forth banter between rivals, but there’s a time for it. This wasn’t it.

Also Griz fans constantly point out that Cat-Griz means more to the Cats, yet when you go to egriz about half the threads turn into railing against the Cats. Even the head coach seems to be obsessed with MSU.

That’s the definition of little brother syndrome. “I know I can’t ever be like you, so I’ll constantly try to run you down even though you’re better than us.”

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:43 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 am
Fan interest is waning in Missoula hence the comments.

I question any coach commenting about another team other than the one they’re preparing for. If they lose that week, what are fans to think? “Hey we lost, but at least our coach got some jabs on some other team.”

I do like some back and forth banter between rivals, but there’s a time for it. This wasn’t it.

Also Griz fans constantly point out that Cat-Griz means more to the Cats, yet when you go to egriz about half the threads turn into railing against the Cats. Even the head coach seems to be obsessed with MSU.

That’s the definition of little brother syndrome. “I know I can’t ever be like you, so I’ll constantly try to run you down even though you’re better than us.”
Exactly.

I agree about Bobby's comments but honestly I just don't think the guy can help himself. I think he had to be careful too. Once it was public knowledge that he inquired about the head coaching position at Montana State....the whole little "I hate Montana State" thing kinda loses it's juice. But fans have short memories. So when he says little things like that to a griz audience it's just to appease the masses.

Maybe if he gets them drooling over his anti-cats stuff, they'll hardly notice his 7 year plan and how not very long ago that wasn't acceptable... :lol:

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:47 am

Bobby is still the same douchbag he always was. :shrug:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:00 am

It could be that he looks at this year's team and the schedule and realizes that there might not be any improvement from last years record and is planting this '7-year plan' excuse to fall back on......????

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
I see that Bobby has finally decided to get back to his old schtick with some comments about MSU last night. Honestly I enjoy that. It was long overdue.

That said, he was on record saying griz fans can expect a full turnaround with his program in as many as 7 years. :shock:

If you recall when Choate was hired he was preaching patience. He had a four year plan in place where he expected this team to be really good. As of now his plans appear to be right on track. Many griz fans were laughing at the idea we'd hire a coach claiming it takes that long to be national contenders. They said that would NEVER fly in Missoula because the expectations there are so high. They expect to vie for national championships every year! (Don't tell them it's been nearly two decades)

I guess my question is how does this fly? Is bobby really such a savior over there that people have no issues with a 7 year plan?

You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:37 am

So you're saying Robert is promising a "dominating" program?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 am

This griz obsession with overall records is perplexing.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 am

Odd that a coach who has never won a championship is mocking (and lying about) MSU having parades for winning seasons.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:22 am
ilovethecats wrote:

You’re not being completely honest here. For the record he said initially he felt it MAY take 4 to 7 years, and that he feels the current team is ahead of that schedule. Your Coach is in year 4 and still has a sub .500 record. Maybe tjT was part of his 4 year plan?
Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

I'm genuinely curious. :-k

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:49 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 am
Not really. They don’t want to acknowledge that Choate’s teams have played stronger schedules than UM or that he took over a bad team and started 2-7, 0-6. Since then he’s 15-11, 12-6. You’ll never hear a Griz fan say either of those things, because then they’d have to acknowledge that MSU is steadily improving.

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:52 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:49 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 am
Not really. They don’t want to acknowledge that Choate’s teams have played stronger schedules than UM or that he took over a bad team and started 2-7, 0-6. Since then he’s 15-11, 12-6. You’ll never hear a Griz fan say either of those things, because then they’d have to acknowledge that MSU is steadily improving.
And, let's not forget 3-0 against Missoula Community College of Idaho.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:00 am

Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

He's getting out in front of it and trying to manage expectations. You can't bring up Choate's record as a head coach without bringing up böbbè's record in Las Vegas. Unless of course, you're just trying to filter results for anything that makes böbbè look good.

By the end of next year you'll be putting "For Sell" signs in böbbè's yard.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:02 am

Bobby in Bozeman 2-2
Stitt 1-1
Delaney 1-0
Pflugrad 1-0
Glenn 1-0
Dennehy 1-0
Read 5-0
Griz 12-3 in Bozeman; Bobby has 2/3rds of the losers. Lose this year and he’s the only coach with a losing record in Bozeman since ?? Donovan?
Last edited by iaafan on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:05 am

Cledus wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:00 am
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

He's getting out in front of it and trying to manage expectations. You can't bring up Choate's record as a head coach without bringing up böbbè's record in Las Vegas. Unless of course, you're just trying to filter results for anything that makes böbbè look good.

By the end of next year you'll be putting "For Sell" signs in böbbè's yard.
Next year? Try this week. If they lose to SD, fans will say it’s because he was too busy thinking about MSU. Rightfully so. Of course they’ll beat Northeast Alabama or whoever at home the next week to get “back on track for Frisco!”

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

Ok. So the plan could take 4-7 years. Doesn't change what I was saying. Choate had a 4 year plan where he promised improvement every year. Lose big, lose small, win small, win big. Up to this point he has done just that. If you're bored go back and read the comments from griz fans both here and on egriz and see what they thought about that plan. Lol. Heck even some cat fans were acting like 4 years to expect success was crazy.

Now fast forward. The messiah is back in Missoula. It's a forgone conclusion that he'll be stacking up big sky championships and competing for national championships. The idea that he won't have that kind of success in not even a possibility. But it might take apparently FOUR to seven years this time. What makes Choates philosophy and Bobby's so different?

What would fans have said if it was Stitt rather than the 2nd coming suggesting the re-haul would take 4-7 years?

And what has changed in Missoula where a 4-7 year plan to success is now tolerated. When Choate was hired I was told that would never be acceptable in Missoula. Is it just acceptable now because the messiah is the one saying it?

Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 am

Four year plan from re-haul to u-haul.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:22 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:11 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:46 am
Grizaddict wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

Who said it’s acceptable? You assume too much. If Bobby is sub .500 after year 3 and the teams aren’t improving I fully expect him to be on the hot seat. I think our AD does too. You guys like to take what one Griz fan says or thinks and then extrapolate it into the entire fan base. That happened the other day on here too when someone claimed all of Griz Nation was claiming we’d beat Oregon. I posted proof that was absolutely false. Stitt got fired for a 7-4 record after 3 years. That should tell you all you need to know about expectations in Missoula.
Well, MSU fired it winningest coach ever after his only losing season. But that probably doesn’t tell Griz fans anything about expectations in Bozeman or anywhere else. Because only Missoula has high expectations. Or are you the only Griz fan that thinks that?