Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lutecat
Member # Retired

Re: Game Day Music- Bobcat Stadium

Post by lutecat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:15 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:21 pm
BethanyCordell wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:23 pm
I'm probably going to regret this but... what's ONE song you want to hear at Bobcat Stadium? We're putting the final touches on our music selection for the season, and I can always use extra selections.

Thanks!

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
First of all, you're definitely going to regret this, not probably.

Personally, I say ignore what anyone from this message board tells you to play. Our butts will be in our seats every Saturday whether we love the music or hate it. As great as the atmosphere is for Bobcat football games, having a consistently packed and excited student section would make it even better. So play what the students will enjoy and what will get them excited about coming to the stadium every week and not just for Gold Rush and Cat/Griz every other year.
This is all you need to go with, Bethany. Make the students want to stay. Give them some sweet tunes. Make them want to dance. More cameras on the students during songs so they try to get on camera. Keep their attention. They contribute a ton to the energy in the stadium.

Also, FMLYHM would be a great song to play. Lost in Tokyo....Bethany, do you have plans tonight? I'm a couple hundred miles from Japan tonight. And I was thinking I could fly to your hotel tonight. And I can't get you off my mind....lol

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:16 pm

Helter Skelter may mess with the other teams psychic.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

spring creek cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by spring creek cat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:34 pm

White stripes

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:54 pm

I really like the “requiem for a dream” dramatic music played when they intro the players.

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

MSUBOBCAT4LIFE
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUBOBCAT4LIFE » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Also the dramatic instrumental of “two steps from hell-the protectors of earth”

I Bleed Blue & Gold & Find Myself Watching Replays Of The Game The Day After Being There In Person. Some Call Me Crazy I Call It Dedication

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:06 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:33 pm
BethanyCordell wrote:
I'm probably going to regret this but... what's ONE song you want to hear at Bobcat Stadium? We're putting the final touches on our music selection for the season, and I can always use extra selections.

Thanks!

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics
Don’t care about the first 5 games. All Mony Mony, all the time for home game 6.
This is outstanding. =D^

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 pm

lutecat wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:15 pm
MSU01 wrote:
BethanyCordell wrote:

Thanks!

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

Personally, I say ignore what anyone from this message board tells you to play. Our butts will be in our seats every Saturday whether we love the music or hate it. As great as the atmosphere is for Bobcat football games, having a consistently packed and excited student section would make it even better. So play what the students will enjoy and what will get them excited about coming to the stadium every week and not just for Gold Rush and Cat/Griz every other year.
This is all you need to go with, Bethany. Make the students want to stay. Give them some sweet tunes. Make them want to dance. More cameras on the students during songs so they try to get on camera. Keep their attention. They contribute a ton to the energy in the stadium.

Also, FMLYHM would be a great song to play. Lost in Tokyo....Bethany, do you have plans tonight? I'm a couple hundred miles from Japan tonight. And I was thinking I could fly to your hotel tonight. And I can't get you off my mind....lol
You have to scratch half of these songs off the list because the majority of crowd or students have never heard them before. If they are not familiar with the song, they probably won’t jump in and sing, scream or shout.

Hells Bells for me was really a cue to get up and scream on third downs. It always seemed to engage the crowd.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 pm

Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way - The beginning guitar rift would be ideal for kickoffs.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Pitbull "Don't Stop the Party" ...

"The Boys are Back" by the Dropkick Murphy's

"Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose" by T Powell

I too am one on the retire "Sweet Caroline" bandwagon! It's time... :)
Last edited by catsrback76 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Three Days Grace - Pain

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Do something fun with Wylie and the Wild West (Montana yodeling fool)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ZRf_QSVdw

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Anacomando

Post by Anacomando » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 pm
lutecat wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:15 pm
MSU01 wrote:
BethanyCordell wrote:

Thanks!

Bethany Cordell
Bobcat Athletics

You have to scratch half of these songs off the list because the majority of crowd or students have never heard them before. If they are not familiar with the song, they probably won’t jump in and sing, scream or shout.

Hells Bells for me was really a cue to get up and scream on third downs. It always seemed to engage the crowd.
Yeah, I like Hells Bells on 3rd down too. But I'd let the students have a large say, just as long as they show up for the playoff games...

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:43 pm

I loved when they used to do The Kids Aren’t Alright by The Offspring for kickoffs in the early 2000s. Although I do like the Joker and the Thief they play now. I think the kids aren’t alright could still be used somewhere.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:46 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:43 pm
I loved when they used to do The Kids Aren’t Alright by The Offspring for kickoffs in the early 2000s. Although I do like the Joker and the Thief they play now. I think the kids aren’t alright could still be used somewhere.
I forgot about that one. Good times.

It would actually be cool to do a throwback game where jerseys, music, everything is from the 70s or 80s.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:13 pm

Please keep the Joker and the Thief for kickoffs, it is the perfect song for that!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:23 pm

Bobcat forever!

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Air Force Cat

Post by Air Force Cat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:32 pm

Lee Brice - Parking Lot Party

Air Force Cat

Post by Air Force Cat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:33 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:23 pm
Bobcat forever!