Trouble in Grizville?

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Trouble in Grizville?

Post by iaafan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 am

Two players no longer on roster. JC transfer and OL from Montana. Seems like an odd time to quit. Is it? If it is, did they get in trouble and get removed? Guessing sparks will fly when/if a reporter asks Bobby.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Trouble in Grizville?

Post by autocat » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 pm

They don't think they have to explain any information related to the program, to"elite" to give any reason

I thought you were going to say the trouble was that the school enrollment was below 10,000 :shock:

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Probably not a big deal. But we will never know because griz reporters are either too scared or too in love with bobby.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:48 pm

autocat wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 pm
I thought you were going to say the trouble was that the school enrollment was below 10,000 :shock:
https://mus.edu/data/enrollment/enrollment.asp

Old news as 2018 numbers show there that the total full time students enrolled were 7,163. Yikes!!!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 pm

I checked over at Egriz and the handling has spurned some interesting discussion. Both players were highly touted and expected to be contributors in the future. A number of posters are upset that Hauck hasn’t provided an explanation. Others claim that losing the two players is just part of the process.

Funny how Griz posters were making such a big deal about Cat departures this year. These two recent departures bring the number of Griz departures up to 17 since their spring ball. That also doesn’t include a highly touted high school recruit who didn’t arrive for the season.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 pm
I checked over at Egriz and the handling has spurned some interesting discussion. Both players were highly touted and expected to be contributors in the future. A number of posters are upset that Hauck hasn’t provided an explanation. Others claim that losing the two players is just part of the process.

Funny how Griz posters were making such a big deal about Cat departures this year. These two recent departures bring the number of Griz departures up to 17 since their spring ball. That also doesn’t include a highly touted high school recruit who didn’t arrive for the season.
17 since this spring ball??? Really think this year could be another face plant year for the griz...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am

Cataholic wrote:

Who didn't arrive, guess I missed that

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am

MSU Toddler wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:48 pm
autocat wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 pm
https://mus.edu/data/enrollment/enrollment.asp

Old news as 2018 numbers show there that the total full time students enrolled were 7,163. Yikes!!!
So my question is when do they reach 6999? When does the death spiral end? This IS NOT a stat to be proud of.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:47 am

RickRund wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:

17 since this spring ball??? Really think this year could be another face plant year for the griz...
You don't seem to understand. When the Cats lose players it's because we have internal turmoil and the coaches are running quality players away for no reason.

When the griz lose players it's because bobby is a no-nonsense guy who is getting their program back on top and if you don't buy into that....well they didn't want you anyway.

Please try to keep up and realize the very huge difference between the two programs and coaching staffs....

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:10 pm

cats2506 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am
Cataholic wrote:

It was Noah Kaschmitter DL recruit from Idaho. I had to do some digging and sounds like he did not meet academic criteria... plans to join Griz later.

Quick review shows the Griz have 34 new faces on the roster. I believe that 10 lineman have left the program since spring. That certainly can’t help depth at one of their weakest positions last year.

Also, they only have 14 seniors this year, but 8 of them are expected to be significant contributors this year: Sneed, Dante Olson, Calhoun, Louis-Mcgee, Sirmon, Sandry, Sims and Bingham. Those are big losses for next year. Some are already saying it will take Hauck 7 years to build the program???😂😂. If Hauck has a losing record this year (tough schedule), and another next year (loss of key leaders on both sides of the ball), what are the chances he gets a fourth year?

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:36 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:10 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am
Cataholic wrote:

It was Noah Kaschmitter DL recruit from Idaho. I had to do some digging and sounds like he did not meet academic criteria... plans to join Griz later.

Quick review shows the Griz have 34 new faces on the roster. I believe that 10 lineman have left the program since spring. That certainly can’t help depth at one of their weakest positions last year.

Also, they only have 14 seniors this year, but 8 of them are expected to be significant contributors this year: Sneed, Dante Olson, Calhoun, Louis-Mcgee, Sirmon, Sandry, Sims and Bingham. Those are big losses for next year. Some are already saying it will take Hauck 7 years to build the program???😂😂. If Hauck has a losing record this year (tough schedule), and another next year (loss of key leaders on both sides of the ball), what are the chances he gets a fourth year?
Thanks, I guess I heard that one didn't qualify but didn't put it together.

BH has a much tougher road than last time, if he doesn't win Cat/Griz forsale signs will show up at his house, is he has 2 more bad years they will burn him at the stake

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:06 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:47 am
RickRund wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:

You don't seem to understand. When the Cats lose players it's because we have internal turmoil and the coaches are running quality players away for no reason.

When the griz lose players it's because bobby is a no-nonsense guy who is getting their program back on top and if you don't buy into that....well they didn't want you anyway.

Please try to keep up and realize the very huge difference between the two programs and coaching staffs....
😂 POTW right here!

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:58 am

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:27 am

When I read a story like this and come across terms like "Living Learning Community" I shake my head. Isn't that what a University is supposed to be already? It surprises me none to read that a journalism student would want to be part of the community that self-segregates. No wonder dUMb is imploding.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:33 am

Rich K wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:27 am
When I read a story like this and come across terms like "Living Learning Community" I shake my head. Isn't that what a University is supposed to be already? It surprises me none to read that a journalism student would want to be part of the community that self-segregates. No wonder dUMb is imploding.
Just an FYI: MSU has several Living Learning Communities. It's an opportunity for students with similar interests to bond right from the start through additional programming put on in the residence halls. MSU has had them for several years including things like LLCs for engineering, women in science, arts & architecture, Honors, emerging leaders, etc.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 pm

This is a crazy story that tells me the enrollment troubles at UM are far from gone. They report 1,486 housing applications this year down from 1,572 last year. That is another decrease of over 5% in housing applications. And the freshman are required to live in the dorms!!

Then a Missoula council person suggests elderly people could occupy the vacant space in the dorms. That is exactly what incoming freshman want to experience: LIVING IN A DORM ENVIRONMENT WHERE SENIOR CITIZENS OCCUPY PORTIONS OF THE DORM.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:26 am

What would they name it? UM Senior Living that a River Runs By? Grizzled Elderly Retirement Manor (GERM)?

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:50 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:26 am
What would they name it? UM Senior Living that a River Runs By? Grizzled Elderly Retirement Manor (GERM)?
Thats pretty funny!

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

HAUCK

Housing for
Aging
Undergrads
Caretakers and
Kids

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:01 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 pm
This is a crazy story that tells me the enrollment troubles at UM are far from gone. They report 1,486 housing applications this year down from 1,572 last year. That is another decrease of over 5% in housing applications. And the freshman are required to live in the dorms!!

Then a Missoula council person suggests elderly people could occupy the vacant space in the dorms. That is exactly what incoming freshman want to experience: LIVING IN A DORM ENVIRONMENT WHERE SENIOR CITIZENS OCCUPY PORTIONS OF THE DORM.
“For the price range of the (UM) dorms I could get a decent apartment on my own” at ROAM, he said. UM’s dorm rates, charged by semester, run from $2,084 to $2,934. Monthly rentals in the UM-owned University Village apartments go from $433 to $1,081 per month.
If we assume a semester is four months, then the $2,934 works out to $733.50 per month. Granted, it includes utilities but it still seems a skosh pricey for a small room you have to share with another person and without having your own crapper, shower, and washer / dryer, etc.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.