And your 2019 starting QB is...

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: And your 2019 starting QB is...

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:45 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:37 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:24 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:04 pm
Great decision. Excellent rationale. Fantastic response from Tucker. Good point about needing two quarterbacks to get through the season.
I’m surprised you’re so positive here. You seemed to be Tucker’s biggest advocate here, telling all of us how SDSU shouldn’t come into play against Rovig and posting stat after stat after stat in support of why Rovig is so much better than anyone realizes. I said a long time ago Rovig isn’t your guy even though the coaching staff really wanted him to be. The job was all his to lose and he lost it, again. But it’s funny how supportive you are of this decision after all the Rovig rah rah you’ve given here.
Why would he not be supportive? He's a fan of MSU. I felt Tucker would be the guy and it appears Casey showed better...so I'm going to now put my full support behind him. Bobcat fans are allowed to be positive about any development that happens with the team. Why do you care?
It’s more the irony in blowing any way that the Choate wind blows:

iaa: Tucker’s the guy, Tucker’s the guy, here’s every stat ever to prove it to all of you doubters that Tucker is way better than anyone realizes, SDSU doesn’t count, look at what he did against Wagner, Tucker is the guy I’m telling you!

Choate: Bauman is our starter

iaa: I love this decision! I said all along Bauman was an absolute stud!

It’s funny is all.
I think your comments show how pathetic a rival fan can be by monitoring a rivals website.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Great decision. Excellent rationale. Fantastic response from Tucker. Good point about needing two quarterbacks to get through the season.
I’m surprised you’re so positive here. You seemed to be Tucker’s biggest advocate here, telling all of us how SDSU shouldn’t come into play against Rovig and posting stat after stat after stat in support of why Rovig is so much better than anyone realizes. I said a long time ago Rovig isn’t your guy even though the coaching staff really wanted him to be. The job was all his to lose and he lost it, again. But it’s funny how supportive you are of this decision after all the Rovig rah rah you’ve given here.
Why would he not be supportive? He's a fan of MSU. I felt Tucker would be the guy and it appears Casey showed better...so I'm going to now put my full support behind him. Bobcat fans are allowed to be positive about any development that happens with the team. Why do you care?

iaa: Tucker’s the guy, Tucker’s the guy, here’s every stat ever to prove it to all of you doubters that Tucker is way better than anyone realizes, SDSU doesn’t count, look at what he did against Wagner, Tucker is the guy I’m telling you!

It’s funny is all.
No matter who our QB is we're still going to stomp the griz, we all can tell you're well on you're way to becoming a bobcat fan since your team sucks. Your lashing out is clearly an internal struggle of your subconscious realizing you are now a bobcat fan, but the Bobcats don't want you.... Sad.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:50 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:16 pm
iaafan wrote:
I have not had a chance to hear Tucker's response but I REALLY hope he stays in the program. Guys like him are invaluable and everything you want in your backup qb, a team-first guy who can step in with little to no notice and run your offense. This is the guy you want holding the clipboard which allows your freshman to redshirt and develop. He has been the biggest supporter of the program and culture ever since he signed here and does amazing things throughout the community. I am thrilled with Bauman and when it clicks for this young man, watch out! I really hope Tucker sticks it out but I don't blame him if he doesn't.......
I share these exact same sentiments regarding Rovig.
I fully expect Rovig will get some snaps this season. It is just incredibly hard for a QB to play every snap for the whole season anymore. I recall that MSU, UM, Weber and EWU all had to bring in the backup at multiple times last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if every team in the Big Sky has to do that last year. Tuckers season is far from over. Hopefully he will accept the challenge and continue to work and wait for his chance, whether it is injury or mop up duty.

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

It’s funny is all.
Casey threw the ball better than Dalton throws the ball this Saturday, and Dalton was the only hope the griz had
of competing with the Cat's this year. I don't care who you are , now that's funny.

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:09 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

It’s funny is all.
No matter who our QB is we're still going to stomp the griz, we all can tell you're well on you're way to becoming a bobcat fan since your team sucks. Your lashing out is clearly an internal struggle of your subconscious realizing you are now a bobcat fan, but the Bobcats don't want you.... Sad.
Well I’m obviously being trolled but I’ll respond anyway just in case anyone believes that jibberish. Simply put, I was explaining to people by using stats that Rovig wasn’t as bad as they thought vs SDSU. I never said he was the guy. I still think he’s good and that just makes what Bauman has done that much more impressive.

That’ll be my only response to this trolling.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:09 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

It’s funny is all.
Well I’m obviously being trolled but I’ll respond anyway just in case anyone believes that jibberish. Simply put, I was explaining to people by using stats that Rovig wasn’t as bad as they thought vs SDSU. I never said he was the guy. I still think he’s good and that just makes what Bauman has done that much more impressive.

That’ll be my only response to this trolling.
I'm going to stoop just as low and defend you further. You also never said "I've said all along" Bauman was anything. We should know better than to respond to this gem but sometimes you can't help it.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 pm

Can we all collectively put GrizAddict on ignore?

He's worthless, and responding to him just clogs up the board. Just ignore the little man.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:32 pm

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Feels great to have QB named for the season finally. I didn't see how the two compared until a practice this fall and was impressed by Bauman's stature on the field. I really liked how Miller pretty much laid it out that (in my best paraphrase) Bauman worked very hard over the spring, summer and fall camp, understands what we are trying to get done, taking what the defense gives is, makes good decisions with the ball in his hands, having a man in the huddle that guys are going to follow, some of the intangible stuff he has on the field, a really lively arm that is going to help us be more dynamic, and the mental as well having spent a lot of time in Miller's office to the point of wearing Miller out and that work ethic obviously paid off.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:41 pm
I heard neither were blowing anyone’s minds and both had their moments of struggle, but the coaches think Bauman has more upside potential. That’s from people at every practice. I actually think your coach made the right decision, but there’s going to be a lot of wtf moments on the field as he’s young and still processing. I think the potential is there.
Did you "hear" this from your well-connected Bobcat friends who saw "at least" 6 interceptions at a practice, which multiple posters here refuted as a lie?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Listen, Texas Tech is going to be brutal for anyone. EWU got beat pretty bad a few years ago down there with Gubrud at QB. It won’t be an easy first start. I think Bauman will settle in though and be fine. I would think the same if Rovig was the starter. Both these guys are capable of leading this team.

Punters are people too!!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Congrats Casey and Tucker. Well played by both of you and we now can concentrate on an excellent season.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Darth Yoda

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:15 pm

He's worthless, and responding to him just clogs up the board. Just ignore the little man.
Done.

I'm not sure why he isn't worried about the grizz QB situation. For as much love as Sneed gets on egrizz, he sure eff's up a whole bunch. I watched the Brawl last night and his fumble with 5 and change was hugely significant. His turnovers against hapless PSU lost that game on homecoming. They actually benched his ass because of bad play at one point. His turnovers against UCD in the second half lost that game for them. For as dynamic as the kid is, he will individually lose games as much as a wins games with untimely turnovers. The grizz will continue to be a .500 type team with Sneed at QB.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm
Blake Thelen to Davine Tullis. Blake throws a pretty deep ball. A casual 60 yard bomb.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:51 pm

In all honesty. I didn't even look at the QB's number and assumed it was Casey. :oops: :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

St George

Post by St George » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:05 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm
bobcat99 wrote:

Done.

I'm not sure why he isn't worried about the grizz QB situation. For as much love as Sneed gets on egrizz, he sure eff's up a whole bunch. I watched the Brawl last night and his fumble with 5 and change was hugely significant. His turnovers against hapless PSU lost that game on homecoming. They actually benched his ass because of bad play at one point. His turnovers against UCD in the second half lost that game for them. For as dynamic as the kid is, he will individually lose games as much as a wins games with untimely turnovers. The grizz will continue to be a .500 type team with Sneed at QB.
The name says it all.
Griz is A dic(k).

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:09 pm

The rest of the league better get ready because we are going deep baby!! I think it is a great choice. He can mature behind a solid running game and grow into the role. Let the season begin!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:41 pm
I heard neither were blowing anyone’s minds and both had their moments of struggle, but the coaches think Bauman has more upside potential. That’s from people at every practice. I actually think your coach made the right decision, but there’s going to be a lot of wtf moments on the field as he’s young and still processing. I think the potential is there.
Did you "hear" this from your well-connected Bobcat friends who saw "at least" 6 interceptions at a practice, which multiple posters here refuted as a lie?
It was 5 picks, they were off one. They said it seemed like 10!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:28 pm
bobcat99 wrote:

Done.

And yet you’d beg, borrow, and steal to have him in a Cats uniform and so would your coach. He said as much in Colter’s story. Don’t be a hypocrite.