Facilities - Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Re: Facilities - Coach Choate

Post by coachouert » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:04 am

Received this email this morning with info on how to donate via text or through Alumni:

Dear Bobcat Family,

It’s the fourth quarter. The Bobcats have been moving the ball steadily down the field. We’re in the red zone, and now it’s first and goal. What happens next?

It's your call.
We’re just $1.5 million shy of the $18 million goal for Phase I of the MSU Athletic Master Plan, and we’re poised to push into the endzone.

Phase I, which includes the Bobcat Athletic Complex and Academic Excellence Center, will provide a 40,000-square foot, state-of-the-art football operations, training and rehabilitation facility and an expanded 3,400-square foot student-athlete academic center. It’s a project in which every single Bobcat student-athlete will benefit, as will the entire university, and greater MSU community.

To enable our Bobcat athletic teams to remain competitive, both in recruiting and on game days, we must provide facilities that are centers of excellence—that attract the best student-athletes and develop them into champions academically, athletically and socially. Phase I does just that.

But it's even bigger than that.
Athletics is often described as the front porch of a university. Bobcat Athletics provides a highly-visible platform for Montana State to celebrate the many things that make us truly exceptional. We help shape the reputation of the university, build loyalty, stoke passion and strengthen the bond between MSU and communities across the state. Phase I allows us to take it all to a whole new level.

The clock is winding down.
Will you be part of the team that pushes us over the goal line? Make your contribution online today or text "BOBCATS" to 41444 to make a gift via your smartphone.

Thank you for being part of the Bobcat family and for your support to help provide Bobcat Athletics with centers of excellence that contribute to the overall greatness of Montana State University.

Go 'Cats!

Leon Costello
Director of Athletics
Montana State University

P.S. If you've already given to the Bobcat Athletic Complex and Academic Excellence Center, thank you. Will you please consider another gift to get us into the endzone?

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:54 am

It's almost as if they had a great plan the whole time....

Caturday
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Caturday » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 pm

Is the hydrotherapy room going to be the main upgrade we’ll have over the griz’s center for kids who try real hard?

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:26 pm

I just want to see some very detailed plans of what this thing is going to look like. It would be pretty amazing if the fundraising took off and they were able to do the North end bleachers when they do the BAC.

Punters are people too!!

MTCat75
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by MTCat75 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Caturday wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50 pm
Is the hydrotherapy room going to be the main upgrade we’ll have over the griz’s center for kids who try real hard?
No not at all. Here a a few more upgrades
1- painted in Blue and Gold not dark pink
2- located on a growing campus.
3- most importantly, home to a team that knows how to win in the second half.

Anybody have any more?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Caturday wrote:
Is the hydrotherapy room going to be the main upgrade we’ll have over the
griz’s center for kids who try real hard?
Zoolander?

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:37 pm

MTCat75 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:37 pm
Caturday wrote:
No not at all. Here a a few more upgrades
1- painted in Blue and Gold not dark pink
2- located on a growing campus.
3- most importantly, home to a team that knows how to win in the second half.

Anybody have any more?
The Cat-griz trophy will actually occupy the space built for it.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:18 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 pm
Caturday wrote:
Is the hydrotherapy room going to be the main upgrade we’ll have over the
griz’s center for kids who try real hard?
Zoolander?
The Bobby Haucklander Runnerup Center for Players Who Can't Read Good and Who Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too, besides being really, really ridiculously good looking.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 am

Just saying, our locker room will look this good next year.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:51 am

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:20 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:08 pm
Montanabob wrote:
IF you want to KILL giving to the new stadium, then just build one of these locker rooms! :coffee:

catbooster
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by catbooster » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:07 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:20 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
IF you want to KILL giving to the new stadium, then just build one of these locker rooms! :coffee:
I was thinking the same thing. I've had season passes for decades, tailgate, etc. but I wouldn't support something this extravagant despite being a die-hard fan.

I never played at the college level, and I'm from an older generation, but is there any practical purpose for a locker room like that other than trying to impress impressionable young men in recruiting wars?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:28 pm

catbooster wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:07 pm
catsrback76 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. I've had season passes for decades, tailgate, etc. but I wouldn't support something this extravagant despite being a die-hard fan.

I never played at the college level, and I'm from an older generation, but is there any practical purpose for a locker room like that other than trying to impress impressionable young men in recruiting wars?
Tyrann Mathieu donated the money for this locker room and a scholarship fund. Personally if I was a recruit this would be a huge selling point for me.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:50 pm

catbooster wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

Impressing high school football players in recruiting wars is the name of the game. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be building the new end zone building. We also wouldn't get many good out of state players.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:28 pm
catbooster wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

Tyrann Mathieu donated the money for this locker room and a scholarship fund. Personally if I was a recruit this would be a huge selling point for me.
I believe he donated $1 million to a players lounge and is funding a scholarship. The locker room cost $28 million and was funded by many donations. Pretty amazing.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Looks like it was designed by someone playing Minecraft. IMO seems like a locker room is still a locker room, at what point is it a waste of money? I get it's a selling point for recruits, but if your only getting recruits based on what a locker room looks like, then maybe their priorities are messed up. I would think the stadium, game day atmosphere, fans, school, career after school, etc. would out weigh a locker room. But then again I'm not 18 either.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:32 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Looks like it was designed by someone playing Minecraft. IMO seems like a locker room is still a locker room, at what point is it a waste of money? I get it's a selling point for recruits, but if your only getting recruits based on what a locker room looks like, then maybe their priorities are messed up. I would think the stadium, game day atmosphere, fans, school, career after school, etc. would out weigh a locker room. But then again I'm not 18 either.
LSU isn’t ONLY getting recruits based on what their locker room looks like. They get great recruits because of all the things you mentioned and then some.

MSU isn’t ONLY going to get better recruits because we’re going to bowl in the end zone, make their training rooms and meeting rooms amazing and add a world class weight room. But it sure as ****** is gonna help.

I can promise you guys that all these schools aren’t spending money on fancy locker rooms and neat uniforms just to spend money. It matters. It matters a lot. And as trivial as the common fan might think it is, things like state of the art facilities just might be a tie-breaker for a big time recruit picking his college.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:30 am

catbooster wrote:
catsrback76 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
Montanabob wrote:

These last two posts are exactly why we can't have nice things at MSU.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:56 am

Comparing our "nice things" to P5 "nice things" is foolish.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 am

FTG247365 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 pm
Montanabob wrote:
It reminds me of a new modern bowling alley. :) You can still have a nice locker room but that is just overkill.